Love him or hate him, Barney is a hit with preschoolers.

Kid, 9 years old July 2, 2011

Barney is AWESOME!

Barney is an awesome show. People who say it has smoking or violence in it are liars. Barney is an educationaI TV show that everyone can enjoy. I still watch it and I think it's meant for kids 1- adult. Adults can still enjoy it because it doesn't matter how old you are watch what you want!
Kid, 9 years old January 28, 2013

Stop LISTENING TO THOSE LIARS! Barney is EDUCATIONAL!

Guys, STOP LISTENING TO THOSE Liars that say "Barney take drugs!" or "Barney SMOKE!", Barney is Educational! He teach kids " ABC, 123, AND MORE!"- ajroxs111
Teen, 15 years old Written bysillysasha123 August 25, 2015

From the eyes of pre-schoolers...

Well... being 15, I am tempted to write that this show is horrifying and scary and the kids singing the alphabet and nursery rhymes are like 10... but keep in mind that this show is for pre-schoolers. So let me just dig into my memory vault and see what I can remember from 11 years ago... :) Well there are definitely some positive sides to it. The show finds catchy ways to teach typical pre-school ciriculum in a catchy, active way (it encourages the kids to dance and sing along). Then, while they may be older than they are supposed to be, this program does include live kids, just like the viewers. Kids in that age group always want to be like the "kids on TV", and these kids behave themselves well I suppose, so they are good role models. (I remember always wishing I could go to "Barney world" to play with those kids, as long as I didn't have to meet Barney XD ) Which bring me to the only legit low point I can think of on the show. To be honest, I find Barney's design sort of disturbing (And this is something I always noticed). The way his teeth are all one white line, and how he is always smiling creepily. In fact, it wasn't until several years after I outgrew the show that I figured what Barney is supposed to be [a T-rex]. Preschoolers often times still don't know how to distinguish reality and make believe, especially with the real kids on the show, so if they find the Barney design as scary as I did, it could lead to multiple problems. (This goes for the other dinosaurs too). All in all, yes it is educational, and relatable, but due to the odd character design in the "real world" I would say it isn't the best choice for more sensitive pre-schoolers
Teen, 17 years old Written byCrappola December 4, 2015

Very inappropriate.

This show is EXTREMELY INAPPROPRIATE. Nobody under 20 should see this extremely naughty show. In episode 3 called "Different Way", Barney smokes weed and gives kids cigarettes. He gets drunk at a bar called "The Drunkosaurus", and he gets Riff to commit suicide, and cuts kids heads with his special knife.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMLGPro420 November 25, 2015

Fat dino

The dinosaur teaches kid to become fat, lazy peasants. Everyday, off-camera. Barney feeds kids a fat spell where the kids become 300 times bigger than they were before. No wonder how we have so many fat people in this world, Barney was the one who brainwashed those people to eat, eat, and eat. The skinny people like us got taught by our parents to not do this, or never watched Barney.
Kid, 12 years old May 17, 2011

A very nice show for the little ones!

Ahh, memories! This takes me back so long ago. I am sure babies and toddlers will love this show! And even though I do not watch it anymore (obviously) I still think it is a great show that parents should watch with their little ones.
Kid, 10 years old October 16, 2015

Awful

In one episode a girl stuck out her middle finger!
Kid, 12 years old October 3, 2015

WHY DO THEY EVEN SHOW RERUNS?

I know I am WAY too old for this show so some may say it's not my place to review it unless I am a parent of small kids. HOWEVER.......this show needs a review because this show is awful and stupid and the guy in the Barney costume DID get arrested and so did the creator and the creator's son. Also, in one episode they were scratching Barney's butt WHAT THE HECK THAT IS SO GROSS! No one let their kids watch this show!
Kid, 10 years old February 22, 2015

Worst. Show. EVER!!!

Barney is stupid and creepy! When I used to watch this show, it gave me nightmares. And guess what folks the rumors are true. The guy playing Barney got fired because he said a cuss word on live TV! So before showing your kids just watch it. You will cry.
Kid, 11 years old April 15, 2010

Barney is stupid

I hate Barney why in this world he have to do that to those poor kids I think Lady gaga is bettter!
Kid, 9 years old May 5, 2014

This is so nice... it's, SCARY!

OOF! I just fell in the pit of doom! It's really just...uh, boring,but... no, wait it's just boring. It's really good for teaching pre-schoolers, but when you turn 8, it's devil.
Teen, 13 years old Written byF-Zero studios September 11, 2010

Now this is a cute show

Keep Barney, Thomas, and Caillou Remove The good night show
Teen, 14 years old Written byErin_aimeee April 1, 2014

This show is AMAZING!!!!

I absolutely LOVE this show. Ever since I was little I watched Barney & Friends and it has stayed good. I am 14 and still love this show. Barney is a great role model and is STILL my role model TO THIS DAY!!! Kids, watch Barney & Friends. Finally, Barney has great strategies for teaching kids to improve and develop counting skills. Barney, in my opinion, is MUCH better than Sesame Street.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 June 29, 2010

Good, innocent show

I loved this as a kid. Now I don't like it as much, but it's still a nice show. It's educational because it teaches kids about friendships, kindness, etc. I think that everyone who says that Barney is innapropriate because they don't like it need to stop.
Kid, 7 years old March 18, 2015

Most of you parents think this is a kids' show....

Nope! In one episode Barney teaches children how to hump. They also use tons of bad words -- worse than South Park (search "Inappropriate Messages in Barney" on YouTube). Not for kids 14 & under!
Teen, 15 years old Written byWRESTLING246 October 2, 2014

Bad

It's not the all time worst show ever however it is pretty annoying and stupid, Barney is a stupid Dinosaur that talks stupid and Theme song is annoying and bad dont let your kids watch Barney and Friends If you Watch your Children to watch something Educational then let them watch Bob The Builder or Sesame Street
Kid, 10 years old February 23, 2012

TERRIBLE

Parent of a 9, 13, and 16 year old Written byesams June 5, 2010

preschoolers show

i love barney my sdaughter loves it but my 2 sons hate barney my youngest hates barney the most and dosent want barney on there he whishes theyre wasent a show called barney and its educational and has positive messages and good role models and will be for kids 3 and up and is a purple dinosaur with manners besides my youngest son prefers TV-Y7-VL second youngest TV-PG-L and oldest TV-14-SVL and great for preschoolers barney has been on for 18 years now and has 14 seasons and my son olny wanted 1 season with 1 episode but my daughter wanted 30 seasons for 40 years i let all my kids watch it but 2 out of the 3 dont want to now bye
Parent of a 17 year old Written bykrypto fan August 15, 2009

barney fan

i love barney's happy shoe's and his tap shoe's
Adult Written bybebeyarb April 9, 2008