All member reviews for Barney & Friends

Love him or hate him, Barney is a hit with preschoolers.

Parent of a 4 year old Written byLoving_Parent762 December 3, 2009

Keep your kids away from this show.

This show teaches kids to always be followers and never to be sad. If there is a problem, you can solve it with magic and singing etc. Barney has no educational value and dozen't even try to teach. All the show is are bright colors and loud sounds to keep kids watching. The show also promotes kids to constantly eat cookies, cake and ice cream to be happy. The show also presents no reality such as no conflict or bullying, because of this, kids won't know how to deal with real world issues. Do your kid a favor and don't allow them to watch Barney, all they will want are Barney tapes and toys.
Kid, 9 years old July 2, 2011

Barney is AWESOME!

Barney is an awesome show. People who say it has smoking or violence in it are liars. Barney is an educationaI TV show that everyone can enjoy. I still watch it and I think it's meant for kids 1- adult. Adults can still enjoy it because it doesn't matter how old you are watch what you want!
Parent of a 2 year old Written bysnack January 18, 2009

Talks down to the kiddies

Kid's are smart. So, why do we allow them to watch dumb shows like Barney? They love it, but they also love cookies and ice cream - doesn't mean it's good for them! This is the "junk food" of educational kid's shows. Sesame Sreet showed that you can teach kids without talking down to them - which is all that Barney does. Should you keep your kid's away from it - no! But, at least let them see other quality shows, like Sesame Street for education and The Upside Down Show for REAL imagination.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBaseballfan67 June 23, 2009

Stupid Show

I hate this show. Me and my friend made up a song, "Barney is a dinosaur with no imagination, stepped into a doctors office and had a vaccination"
Parent Written byResponsibleParentOf2 September 14, 2012

Barney is WAY too scary!

He's a dinosaur for crying out loud! Do we want our children to be freaked out and think that dinosaurs are still alive?!?! AND HE TALKS!!!! Imagine if a big purple dinosaur came up to you and started talking!! I'M SUING TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(
Teen, 15 years old Written bylinglingrocks218 April 9, 2008

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! it's awful!

No one ever watch this!!!!!!!!!!!! It is the worst show on tv! If your kids end up with problems, blame this dinasour and the teletubbies -- this show scares me! aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written bymommy of 3 October 8, 2009

Not worth my children's time

His shows do not assist children in learning to deal with negative feelings and emotions. As one commentator puts it, the real danger from Barney is denial: the refusal to recognize the existence of unpleasant realities. For along with his steady diet of giggles and unconditional love, Barney offers our children a one-dimensional world where everyone must be happy and everything must be resolved right away
Kid, 10 years old August 24, 2011

Worst Show In The History Of Shows

All I have to say is, "Oh yeah. Purple Dinosaur GREAT role model. And also: STOP TALKING CLASSIC SONGS AND CHANGING THE WORDS!!!!!"
Kid, 12 years old March 4, 2011

B-B-Barney? Please get out of my house! AAAAAAH!!!

Ah, another one of those, I'm a big guy in a costume, worship me, kind of shows. Oh dear. Well, Barney really was a hit with some pre-schoolers, back when I was one. Now, they know better. Let's be honest. Where are these kid's parents? Hmmm? Why is Barney ALWAYS with them? Hmmmmmmm? Is he always following them? I don't know. What I do know is, you should avoid him, and his disturbing show. My Verdict: And purple dinosaurs that sing shall be hit with a meteor forthwith!
Teen, 16 years old Written bytonytorresan884 December 25, 2013

Barney is GAY.

This is worse than Caillou and Teletubbies combined. Barney is so creepy and teaches kids to be gay, sneak into school, etc.
Kid, 9 years old January 28, 2013

Stop LISTENING TO THOSE LIARS! Barney is EDUCATIONAL!

Guys, STOP LISTENING TO THOSE Liars that say "Barney take drugs!" or "Barney SMOKE!", Barney is Educational! He teach kids " ABC, 123, AND MORE!"- ajroxs111
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 19, 2012

One of the worst little kid shows i've seen in my entire life.

I wish this dinosaur got killed.It's one of the worst little kid shows (Dora The Explorer being the #1 worst).The song "I Love You" makes my ears wanna bleed! The acting is horrible,the graphics are pretty bad,and the music SUCKS.Parents,don't let your kids watch this! Introduce them to Sesame Street or Blue's Clues instead!
Kid, 10 years old February 23, 2012

TERRIBLE

Kid, 12 years old May 17, 2011

A very nice show for the little ones!

Ahh, memories! This takes me back so long ago. I am sure babies and toddlers will love this show! And even though I do not watch it anymore (obviously) I still think it is a great show that parents should watch with their little ones.
Teen, 13 years old Written byF-Zero studios September 11, 2010

Now this is a cute show

Keep Barney, Thomas, and Caillou Remove The good night show
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 June 29, 2010

Good, innocent show

I loved this as a kid. Now I don't like it as much, but it's still a nice show. It's educational because it teaches kids about friendships, kindness, etc. I think that everyone who says that Barney is innapropriate because they don't like it need to stop.
Kid, 11 years old April 15, 2010

Barney is stupid

I hate Barney why in this world he have to do that to those poor kids I think Lady gaga is bettter!
Kid, 12 years old July 25, 2013

F****** show in the whole world

I hate this show, it is califocker, drugs, and makes me so so so so so so so so so so so so sick and makes me barf so hard. and other stuff. WE NEED TO KILL THIS DINOSAUR!!!
Kid, 9 years old November 18, 2012

Barney=OK I guess

I have never liked barney one bit. My little brother used to like it when he was 2 and now he absolutely HATES it and so do i and my older sibling. I recommend that it is for children 6 and up because it just isn't a show for 1-2-3-4-5 year olds. I do not like this show.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTaylorSwiftFan8910 August 21, 2012

Bad influence!!!

"Barney" smokes and cusses. Don't bother. Horrible influence!!! Plus his music causes panic attacks and involves kissing, and young kids don't need to be introduced to that!!!