All member reviews for Battlestar Galactica

Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Lord Almighty April 9, 2008

The Best Sci-Fi Show on Earth (or on the road to it)

This is an amazing show that isn't really Sci-Fi. In fact, it could very well take place on a naval ship in the current day, or even in Vietnam. There is a lot of violence (given that it's a really realistic show, and even some of the robots that DON'T look like us have blood) and could be renamed Battlestar Erotica. But for any kid 13 and up (or if it's a mature 11 or 12 year old), it should be a must-see.
Teen, 14 years old Written byStylus10 July 9, 2014

Dark but well-written reboot of classic series not for sensitive teens

This series has been one of the best sci-fi shows to come out in the past decade. While the show is considerably more dark and cynical than the original 1978 show, it showcases great storytelling and strong characters that try to do the best they can in the situations that they're thrust into. While there is violence (some fist fights and shootouts), most of the action takes place in battles in space between starships. There are some more intense scenes in the later seasons (an attempted rape, a suicide, an execution by firing squad), so I'd say that more squeamish, sensitive teens shouldn't watch until they're a bit older. That being said, the show is still the greatest and I highly recommend it!
Kid, 10 years old April 25, 2011

so boring and they swear and say words like sh*t uncensored but replace f*ck with frack. but to my sister this show kicks ass!
Teen, 15 years old Written bycross_breed September 12, 2009

Quite Possibly the Best Sci Fi Show Ever Made

One of the best shows ever. Up there with House and Bones. Very intriguing plot and complex moral themes (like a robot pregnant with a human's baby). Lots of action and drama. The violence isn't very bad since the enemies are robots. The sex kicks the show up a notch because there is one robot woman who's sole purpose seems to be to be seductive towards a human man. The language consists mostly of things like "Frack" and "by the Gods" but also includes the occasional "D**n," "Hell," "(son of a) B***h," "A**," or "B*****d." Very good and not so objectionable. Give it a watch. Then another. Heck, watch the whole series.
Teen, 14 years old Written byShane Craig February 2, 2014

Fantastic......

This show is great. I just finished watching the whole series and it was gripping, intense, it made my heart pound. This show was a GREAT pick. I loved it, it was sooo good. Parents should watch out for the sex scenes. Mainly with Number Six and Baltar, but those scenes are GOOD. They are my favorite TV couple ever in all of TV. It's also very violent. Language is not too bad...unless you count 'frack'. A replacment for f**k. It is very clever though. Also, Colonel Tigh has a drinking problem. I love battlestar galactica....I will never forget it! SO SAY WE ALL!
Teen, 17 years old Written byLargoAllegroModerato January 14, 2012

Meh

Yeah, it's pretty good but you can really get tired of them saying frack all the tiime... :(
Teen, 14 years old Written bydrewsy1 January 23, 2010

deserves any awards it wins, though it isn't good for younger ones.

Very good series, I really enjoyed it, but you must be warned of some of the sexual and languid parts of the series. THere is drinking, there ARE sex scenes (less and less as the series progresses; cylon Number Sixes are frequently involved) and there IS quite a bit of language, though the F-bomb is replaced by 'Frak' (yes, it's spelled that way, look it up at BSG wiki). There is some 'skin', but there are no parts displayed. Now, onto the good. First of all: this is the most realistic SciFi series ever. It deals with real-world dilemmas such as sex, pregnancy, abortion, violence, genocide, and certain interrogation techniques really make you question the military's methods. It really makes you THINK; does humanity really deserve to survive? The most questionable characters include Number Six (though she later becomes more of a 'good guy'), Gaius Baltar (basically will do ANYTHING to have sex with ANYONE), and Lt. Kara 'Starbuck' Thrace (though she has her darker sides, she is an inherently good character). The most morally-just characters include William Adama, Laura Roslin, Billy Keikeiya, Cally, and perhaps the Number Eights and Number Twos, perhaps, later on in the series, Number Sixes. While I would not recommend this for anyone under 14 (even some who are that age, make sure they're mature), the story is an incredible story (some parts are heartbreaking and heartwarming) that truthfully portrays both the horrible flaws and incredible selflessness of humanity.
Teen, 14 years old Written bynumberdomino April 9, 2008

Starbuck,s A Girl

Well this might confuse some kids under 14 but i highly reccomend it
Teen, 14 years old Written bySuperman23 April 9, 2008

The BEST OF THE BEST

Battle star Galactica came into television having to top the older version of the series. They did it!! They did it amazingly. Everytime I think I got the story figured out a new twist comes along. The language is very minimum is less you count "Frack" which is used commomly. Some of the sex scenes are pretty racy with nudity implied, but only last a minute or last. Violence is a big part of the show, with some episodes showing major gore. Alcohol is used by everyone in the show. Main characters use it frequently, getting drunk often.