All parent member reviews for Beavis and Butt-Head

Adult Written bysonicd July 3, 2011

Are you threatening me?

There is nothing wrong with this show. There is nearly no language. Huh huh huh huhuh huh huh.........sk33t shooting.
Adult Written byShaunbadia October 9, 2011

There's method to being a moron

Beavis and Butt-Head were pretty much the poster boys of a generation in the 90's. While people dismissed them as simply being crude and idiotic, people tend to forget there was an underlying social commentary in there, and it didn't take a genius to notice it. The titular characters are by no means intelligent or popular. Butt-Head is at the bottom of the social totem pole and Beavis is just slightly below that. They see life from a very basic perspective: Something is either "Cool" or it "Sucks". Their misadventures would often involve them trying to get girls or money (They only ever came close a few times with the former and were successful various times with the latter). These antics would be broken up by clips of the duo watching various music videos and providing commentary which could not only make or break record sales at the time, but also made them come across as "Idiot savants". Which brings me to my next point: The boys would oddly show little bursts of brilliance and wit from time to time (Albeit usually by accident) and that's where the satire lays. Like it or not YOU knew some dumb guys like this at some point in you're life, you may have even BEEN like that. Beavis and Butt-Head works on two levels: Either you got the joke or you were the joke. They were the animated embodiment of teenagers in the 90's and to some extent still are the embodiment of the teens of today (Which is sad to say). In terms of it's content, parents need only be mildly cautious. The language they use is actually cute in it's own right. Calling someone "Dillweed" or "Buttmuch" is incredibly tame compared to South Park's Eric Cartman calling a group of his classmates "A bunch of a$$-ramming Uncle F**kers". Even when B&B mention genitals they only ever say "Thingies". Violence is mainly slapstick....literally it's Butt-Head smacking Beavis for saying something stupid (There's irony for ya'). There are some episodes (Mainly from seasons 1 and 2) that are more over the top, but really, I would say seasons 1 and 2 are the only really unsuitable ones.....and the Halloween special from Season 6, but then again....it does its job and manages to be creepy. No more violent than a Halloween episode of The Simpsons. For the parents, I will end this review with the shows very own disclaimer: "Beavis and Butt-Head are not role models. They're not even human they're cartoons. Some of the things they do would cause a person to get hurt, expelled, arrested...possibly deported. To put it another way: Don't try this at home" :)
Parent of a 7, 7, 8, 11, and 14 year old Written byChrist-Lover May 15, 2011

Stupid.

This is the dumbest show I've ever seen, I think.
Educator Written byMychemicalstinkpants May 10, 2011

this is so freaking hillariouse

Educator Written bycaffinegirl85 October 30, 2011

not bad for teens 13 and up

well no its not a show for kids but 13 and up its fine for them to watch me? well i think the show is hilarous im glad mtv is finally puttin this back on the air. if you don't want your kid seeing this show hey thats ur choice but let the older ones see it and atleast enjoy it! funny show!
Adult Written bySamanthamaster1 November 23, 2014

This show is so stupid and poorly developed.

Beavis and Butt-Head is the worst cartoon in the world besides rugrats. This show is so stupid and poorly developed due to the two boys skipping school, rebelling against authority figures, and, destroying property. Personally, I hate this show, but, I think kids 12 years of age and older would probably like this show, but, at-least they should know the difference between cartoon from reality. Personally, I would rather have 12 - 24 year olds watch intelligent and high quality shows such as nova, nature, high school quiz show, etc.
Adult Written byqwerty keyboard January 2, 2013

This is exactly what you see teenage potholes watching!!!!

This is crap at the 100th power!!!! This show is an immature joke created by Mike Judge. Mike actually created King of The Hill which was pretty good. But this immature trash makes me shocked that Mike could even think about making something decent like King of The Hill. I would say that this is the #5 worst show on the planet along with #4Assy McGee, #3Fred the show, #2Almost Naked Animals, and #1Annoying Orange. I suggest you avoid this crap unless you want a large brain wreck that will turn you into a mentally retarded man!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent Written byfirstavenger11 February 12, 2012