All member reviews for Being Human (U.S.)

Horror series is clever but heavy on sex and gore.

Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana March 7, 2011

i love this show.its awesome.its not scary.its very interesting.its really not that bad.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySamaraMorgan June 4, 2011

Lovely.

Me and my 9 year old sister love this show.
Parent of a 14 and 16 year old Written byolympictree March 1, 2013

Smart, fast, and funny thriller series!

LOVE this show. It's smart, it's fast, it's funny, it even has a bit of US history thrown in (after all, Aiden was "turned" during the Revolutionary War). I LOVE watching it with my 14 and 16 year old sons. Having said all that, the Common Sense review was right on, Aiden's lust for blood is treated as a heroin addiction, giving our family lots of opportunities to discuss choices teens face (saying no to drugs, violence, sex) and reinforce our family values of education, giving back, etc. Would I let my kids watch this with out me, no, but do I enjoy watching it with them? You bet! Over the seasons, as the actors get to know and develop their characters, the acting becomes much better! It IS a soap opera, and every week ends in a cliff hanger, it's not a neat little drama that tells one story each week, so be prepared to be hooked!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieWizard July 8, 2011

It's pretty good.

Though there are some things to watch out for, I recommend it to anyone who is mature enough to handle it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byHelena-Sophia98 October 31, 2014

Good show

Though not nearly as good as the UK original (in my personal opinion), this show is entertaining and surprising, and enjoyable for anyone who is into the supernatural genre. It is just right for people around the age of 13, as it is relatively tame in terms of gore and has barely any nudity or scenes of a sexual nature. The first season is almost identical to the UK version in terms of plotline, however the show strays from the original and develops its own identity eventually. Definitely worth a watch if you liked the UK version!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySarah81 February 16, 2012

Not interesting.

Why does almost every adult show or promote people doing it? I mean its not good for kids or adults. The media should watch what they are promoting. Anyways being human isn't that good save your time to watch something else.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bydiaryofamommy March 26, 2011

Too many advertisements; too much gore for my 11-year-old, too.

For the past few weeks or so, ads of Being Human have been dominating my kid's favorite shows. Of course he wanted to see this a little --- but I caught the premiere. Yawned throughout until gore started kicking in and I woke up shocked and with a pen writing down Being Human as a "no" for my 11-year-old. Ads continue to dominate and I typically mute when they come on.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygarnesab March 17, 2011

i love this show but the one thing that i have a problume with is the sexual behavior but if you like that kind of stuff then good for you
Parent of a 13 and 16 year old Written bygabajoran January 18, 2011

Maybe for older teens.

My 13 year old wanted to watch this show after seeing the build up for it on SyFy. To be honest, the violence really didn't bother me too much but the sexual language and implied behaviors made me say, "No" to her watching the show for a few years. The characters try to do what's "right" but sometimes things go wrong. The way they want to live together and help each other out is a good thing. I also found the characters quite likable. However, my 13 year old doesn't need to hear about some of the characters sexual exploits or lack thereof.
Parent of a 18 year old Written byjianan4115 January 14, 2011

This looks good. Let the child have space to think buy maplestory mesos