All member reviews for Ben 10: Ultimate Alien

Darker and still violent, this Ben 10 not for the sensitive.

Kid, 11 years old January 6, 2011

wow i hate it

its SOOOO horrible and the commercial is seizure city. i wouldnt be surprised if someone went to the emergency room after watching this. HORRIBLE
Adult Written bypetrepan April 17, 2011

Ben 10 Ultimate Alien: Because Teenage Infidelity is TOTALLY ookay

I absolutely adore Ben 10, and Ultimate Alien has some crazy cool aliens and fights. I'm really peeved, though, because no matter how many worlds you save, or how many times Man of Action (Ben 10's producer group) tells us about forgiveness, honor, friendship, loyalty, and courage, there's this gross slimy feeling creeping up my spine about the new series. Not only does it enforce clear gendered stereotypes, it's (I hope accidentally) making preteens imbibe this idea that infidelity is just a part of any relationship. Because guys can't help it. Kevin Levin, the anything-absorbing half-Osmosian powerhouse, has a bad attitude and a hard history that makes him the most impressionable and endearing character in the show. Like Beast Boy, the voice actor's previous role, he's generally comedic relief. However, the infidelity in our nation's relationships is no joke, and Man of Action consistently makes it funny through Kevin's ogling of women other than his girlfriend, the magical pink-mana-blasting half-Anodite Gwen Tennyson. This wasn't such a problem in "Ben 10 Alien Force," where when he did stray, he faced horrible consequences and quickly learned his lesson. In Ultimate Alien, Kevin never actually cheats on Gwen, but wow he has some serious problems keeping his gaze set on her! Almost every blonde on the show becomes an object of his wandering eyes. Kevin probably won't actually do anything, but jokes alone enforce the stereotype that men just can't help looking to other women; infidelity seems normal and funny. As I said, Kevin may not do anything, but the season premier that came on last Friday shows that Ben might. The 16-year-old shapeshifter's had relationship troubles the entire last season, but supposedly cleared it up by saving his girlfriend's life. Well, Julie, we've got news for you, because suddenly a blonde's appeared on the scene. This time, the story's more serious and perhaps Man of Action intends to make an object lesson of it. Man of Action, this is not the way. Pre-teens want to follow what looks fun and normal. You're making it look totally normal for a guy to "girl-shop" rather than choosing to love the girl he's with. Should shows reflect reality? Yes, and infidelity is commonplace. Commonplace does not equal normal; normal implies healthy, right living, and wanderlust does not factor into that picture at all. Leading by example says way more than leading by "oooh that was bad, let's do it the right way" because your characters have amazing adventures as a result of "being bad." Yes, they suffer for their wrong--but it's exciting! So stop it right now. Just stop. Gwen's sarcastic, correcting, and frankly really annoying responses to her cousin and her boyfriend only enforce gendered stereotypes that women have hearts and men's hearts lurk somewhere down between their legs. Crude? Yes, but honest. Setting the girl up as the defender of fidelity and the boys up as immature blonde-hungry creatures only tells boys that it's normal to be unfaithful, and tells girls to accept that as their cross to bear. Teaching girls that it's normal for men to cheat also only empowers the double standard that guys deserve whatever happens to them in a relationship. This probably doesn't reflect the nationwide statistics, but in my circle I've seen more girls mistreating (and cheating) my guy friends than vice versa, and it seems to me that saying "girls are nicer than boys" makes girls think it's okay. After all, if men have no hearts, women have the right to break them. Yes, Man of Action would never intentionally send these messages, but the unconscious gendering of the right and the wrong does not benefit women. Finally, what's with blonde and white always equalling beautiful? Yes, there exist some lovely white blonde girls out there, but seriously, every girl set up in the show as "beautiful" is as Caucasion as Hitler and blonde as Rapunzel. Not to mention stick thin. In a world that pretends to embrace diversity and to battle anorexia, you'd think Man of Action would know better. I wanna see a chubby black girl set up as a model of beauty. Or maybe I wanna see Julie struggling with body appreciation issues, or Gwen learning a lesson every now and then rather than standing out as the judgmental lie about moral perfection we see now. (Don't even get me started on her) Man of Action, please show me something that really reflects the real world problems teens face, rather than creating new subconscious traps to screw up their lives. (ps. I posted this review on prometheus studies.blogspot.com back when the season was just premiering. It's gotten a lot better now, and Ben 10 seems to be making some gains with his girlfriend. The last few episodes have been particularly good.)
Kid, 10 years old July 19, 2010

8 y.o?????? Uh... A main character died and in EVERY episode each character is hurt so badly they're hit into unconsciousness! It really is way too violent for - 9. 10 + is O.K. Commonsense is CRAZY... no offense : (
Kid, 12 years old June 1, 2010

think it would be better if these were targeted at teens

Its about time they made the show more mature. They've narrowed down the cheesy lines,made a more mature plot ,its what we wanted all along!! Its on at 8:00 which means they really should make this for tweens...
Teen, 13 years old Written byKinbJune April 19, 2011

Ben 10: No-Point Alien

Ok, THIS is the show that tanked the series. It is the black sheep out of the whole bunch because by now, why does Ben even need to fight? He's basically invincible and full of himself in EVERY way. The aliens are as repetitive as ever, because they are close to exactly like the aliens of the first show. I have to admit though, this show is a bit dark and a little scary. This is just something to watch.
Kid, 11 years old November 24, 2010

Good show

This is good. There is some violence, but almost all kids should cope, seeing what else is on TV.
Adult Written byShizukaVictoria May 31, 2011

Personally i give it a 3

Now about this show the themes are agreeable with coming of age,working together, etc. However, both my younger brothers watch this show and i dislike how its action,action,action,bad pun,action. Probably because im a huge fan of comedy so sorry if my review wont be so reliable. But the constant fighting of aliens and such make it very predictable and i personally think the show would be better off as a video game only. Theres rarely any need to think with this show, so if action really is your thing watch all you want.
Kid, 8 years old October 4, 2010

10# bad 90 good L--P

um its good
Kid, 8 years old January 11, 2011

FINE

O.K
Kid, 11 years old September 1, 2010

Boring Show

I'm A litlle bit hate the show,because,the show is so boring,only just about fighting and fighting,Boring.
Teen, 16 years old Written byuchiha sasuke May 24, 2010

fine for kids

it is a very good cartoon
Kid, 12 years old May 19, 2010

for kids 9+

I think that ben 10 is a very good TV show.It may not be for smaller children becuse of the aliens he fights and changes into.There is violence but there is no blood or anything.I say watch it and then decide if you like it.
Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written bytxsmoke June 7, 2010

My son would get in trouble after watching this

We had to stop my 7yo son from watching this- his behavior would really become a problem.
Kid, 8 years old May 22, 2010

This is for "2+" it is awesome. Ben soud DIE!!!!!!!!!!!! HA HA HA!! Ship soud be the shows name.
Parent of a 9 year old Written bySPACEHERO55 June 22, 2010

Great Animated Action cartoon.

This is the 3rd incarnation of Ben 10 and while not a good as the original in my opinion it is still really good. I do wish the action scenes were better staged, story boarded and animated as they tend to get boring, but other than that it's a good show.
Adult Written bycyrano June 8, 2010

it can learn to my kids
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written byeliette August 5, 2010

Content too mature for my first-grader

I just don't like this iteration of Ben 10. I'm starting to let my 6 1/2 year old watch the series, but in the original version. The Ultimate Alien version has too much teenage attitude/angst to be appropriate for his age.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bytateyana May 25, 2010

ben ten did good

i think it was good and what do you think about it
Parent Written byLoneWolf-B November 27, 2011

Same Old, Same Old

Ben Is As Stubborn As Ever...Very Conceited And Full Of Pride. Not A Very Interesting Change In The Plot. Although Ben Does Seem To Be A Bit More Responsible...I Rarely Watch This Series, My Kids Dont Fancy It Either But...I LOVE Generator Rex For Some Reason, Similar To Ben Ten But Rex Seems A Bit More Humble And Family Oriented...But There Was An Episode Where They Both Came Together. Ben Came To His World... GREAT Episode...Except There Was This One Weird Part...AT The End I Noticed The Bad Guy Looked Way Too Scary For It To Be A Child Show...Unusually Demon Based :/...I Dont Go To Church Often, But I Do Have A Christian Background..And I Remember My Mom Talking About A Verse Where God Says "I Am Alpha And Omega, The Beginning And The End...Etc" And At The very Last Part Of This Episode...(The Villains Name Is Alpha Btw :| ) Alpha Stole Rex's Omega Nanite And He Grew To An Even More Demon Like Creature And Pronounced His New Name By Saying.."I Am Alpha Omega And This Is The Beginning And The End Of The Human Race"...Why Couldnt They Say Omega Alpha ? That Sounds BetterTo Me. Im Going To Give This Show A Break For A While :T
Kid, 11 years old May 22, 2010

7- might be scary

This show is for probably 9+. The Aliens are new, if you have watched Alien Force you might recognize Big Chill, Echo Echo, or Cannonbolt. These aliens now have evolved forms, which might be scary. These aliens like Ultamite Spidermonkey is an ape with 4 spider legs. Ultimate Big Chill just has bigger antenae and is red. Not that different, but might be scary.