All member reviews for Between the Lions

Educational TV with heart -- and a slight flaw.

Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 14, 2011

i love this show.i watched all the time as a kid. its all about getting kids to read.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycarri4eva219 April 9, 2008

Kid, 10 years old August 30, 2013

That was one of my memories!

This is possibly one of the best PBS Kids shows I had ever watched.
Kid, 9 years old January 28, 2013

I was little, I KINDA love it.

When I was watch this when I was little, I KINDA love it, I KINDA love it when they teach me "Vowels & Reading"! I forgot about this show. from: ajroxs111
Parent Written byghecko13 October 9, 2012

Good show for kids learning how to read

Good show/movie for kids just learning how to read. I thought the puppets were more geared towards toddlers but the reading portions kept my daughter interested who is turning 5 soon.
Teen, 16 years old Written byDrCool June 2, 2012

I love Between The Lions!

This is one of the best shows on PBS Kids! It teaches A LOT about reading,the theme song is really catchy,and the lip syncs are perfectly matched!
Kid, 9 years old May 24, 2012

awesome show

i used to love this show its really educational and cute!!!
Kid, 10 years old March 29, 2012

I still kind of like it!

but there is this guy that kind of creeps me out. he dances around in these smarty pant things. some of the puppets they have cold give your kids fri ggin nightmares. but it is a great learning show for all ages.
Kid, 11 years old June 1, 2011

A little scary but still sends positive messages

Well it can be a little scary for younger kids but still sends them positive messages.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDominicboo1 May 27, 2011

Great Puppet Show For Kids Learning To Read

This show encourages kids to read with great classic like Three Little Pigs, new favorites like Click Clack Moo, and stories you never heard of such as Missippi Skip and His Pirate Ship. The characters not only learn to read, but also the cubs learn that helping people never goes unrewarded and that anger makes us do things we'll regret. Brother and sister argue, but you can tell they really love each other.
Kid, 11 years old December 22, 2010

This show used to be my fave, until I saw a scary episode. It was about a creepy book called "The Scary Old Man", :(.
Parent Written bymriordan60 October 9, 2010

A MUST SEE FOR CHILDREN LEARNING TO READ

As a parent and a first grade teacher, I can't recommend this show enough for children. It is not only educational and entertaining, it has been proven by research to help kids learn to read. The beauty of it is, they don't realize how education it is. To them it is just fun. My only problem is that it is often on during the school day when Kindergarten and first grade students are in school. Parents can dvr it but the kids who most need to see it also have the parents who aren't likely to dvr the show. That is why I have purchased the DVD season sets from PBS and show them to the children in my classroom as a treat! CHECK IT OUT on your local PBS station!
Kid, 11 years old July 2, 2009

GREAT!

I LOVE it!!! But, I haven't seen it in a long time. I've seen it Saturdays at 7:30 a.m. but I can't find it on TV anymore.
Adult Written byThe JP Show May 25, 2009

Educational

Educational, but they said stupid in one episode
Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv February 5, 2009

Boring!

I love books, but this show is too pushy and educational to be enjoyable.
Adult Written byouarda April 9, 2008

Parent Written bykabook April 9, 2008

I like this show! It's cute & clever (love the Gwain's Word segment). However, my son did not really get interested in the show until he was just starting to read; so the CSM comment about the words flashing too quickly might be correct. But now he loves it; he loves reading the words & figuring out what new words can be made by switching the letters around. I'd rather they watch almost anything on PBS(Kids) than some of the other mindless junk that's out there!
Parent of a 2 and 5 year old Written bysthomas April 9, 2008