All teen and kid member reviews for Big Brother

Kid, 12 years old August 20, 2011

Awesome.

I am 12 years old and my parents and I watch this all the time. I started watching when I was about 5. Recommended for ages 9 and up because there is smoking and flirting, but 9 and up can probably handle it, as long as they are mature enough.
Teen, 14 years old Written byScreennameGirl March 3, 2012

Good Show For Teens and Adults

My favorite reality TV show! Possibly even my favorite TV show. Contestants are trapped in a huge house with no way to contact the outside world. They have challenges. They make friends with other contestants, and possibly even dating relationships. So there's sexy stuff. Of course there will be language. It's a reality TV show! Some of it is bleeped, some of it isn't. It's really an amazing show that provides entertainment for the teen and the adult.
Teen, 13 years old Written byScream! October 22, 2011

Keep you kids off the live feeds

In the actual TV show, the most anyone will see are some skimpy bikinis and people in their night clothes (usually meaning fairly modest underwear). Most seasons have at least 1 showmance, which means plenty of makouts.
Teen, 14 years old Written byWannaBeKardashian August 16, 2011

Not as bad as people say:)

it's not as bad as people make out-no sex is shown on screen (which is rare anyways) ALL swearwords are bleeped out, the only drinking is when they win the right to alcohol (rarely), no violence! and even though the messages usually aren't very positive, it's funny to watch the housemates plot against eachother, i've watched almost every series and i'm 14..:)
Teen, 16 years old Written byibarncat June 5, 2011

Compelling reality TV is iffy for kids

The main problem with this show is that sometimes couples engage in sexual activity. However, the censors always make sure that it is NOT obvious to anyone who is not thinking about such a possibility. The only way it could be obvious is when you see a couple together in a bed. Also, you sometimes see women in bikinis and men in swim trunks. There is also some moderate language, but the "big words," as you call them, are always bleeped. And keep in mind that reality competitions are supposed to be for family audiences. In fact, once, last season, when in one of the live eviction ceremonies when Julie Chen was asking some of the contestants questions, somebody was getting into some suggestive and gross dialogue, and she stopped him, saying something like, "Wait-this is a family show." Also, once, when a contestant apparently cursed during a live HOH competition, Julie Chen said, "Rachel, keep it clean." So while this show tries to stay somewhat decent in content level, there is some iffy behavior on it that may or may not be detected by kids. But I would highly recomend this show to teenagers and young adults who like reality competitions and game shows. After all, it comes on in the summers and airs three episodes a week. This level of frequency can lead to be very addicting, certainly more so than American Idol.
Kid, 12 years old January 20, 2011

tweens and up

The show is amazing, but it's better for tweens and older. The only product placement shown is for food, which hardly matters. It's never intentionally shown and sometimes blurred out. Houseguest make a habit of walking around in their swimsuits.
Kid, 11 years old January 25, 2009

Love it soooo much!

This show is great every single year it plays! I watch it every night it is on! It is sooo funny! I loved Big Brother - All Stars! That one was the best! I can't wait till it comes on this year!
Teen, 14 years old Written byweare0net0night April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written bydanyan42 July 31, 2015

Great show

I started watching Big Brother when I was 8 or 9, and now it's my favorite TV show. While they do cuss, it is always censored. They also occasionally smoke. Too bad Jason went home last night.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylaurendouglass July 31, 2015

my favorite show!

This show is absolutely fantastic! For some reason, my parents think it's really innapropriate but it's not. There's some language, of course, but that is to be expected and it is censored. There are showmances which means kissing, and heavily censored sex on very few seasons, all you could see are moving sheets. sometimes houseguests smoke and drink, but they really don't show too much of this. the live feeds which are uncensored can have innapropriate things but the actual tv show is completely fine. I think some parents mistake the show with the feeds and think it's very innapropriate but the show is mostly about the game.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCogreboy5079 July 20, 2014

Kid, 10 years old October 29, 2013

Love it

The best reality show ever! But Amanda was such a retard on season 15
Teen, 17 years old Written bymcfaddenskyler July 29, 2013

8 & under

Kid, 11 years old July 3, 2013

Big Brother

Bad Language Is Used But If You Think Your Child Is Responsible Enough Then They Can Watch It.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 July 3, 2013

The ultimate guilty pleasure

"Big Brother" is not good television. It features people who lie and cheat as a way of winning a large sum of money, but darn it if isn't really watchable. Older teens should enjoy it, to understand it isn't a representation of real life (or how real life SHOULD be lived) but ultimately "Survivor" in a comfy house.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLeehigh777 April 18, 2013

Boring for under 11 or 12

Kids find the show boring naturly untill there elleven or twelve like i was my lil sis can watch it but she just walks out of the room before the first comertail.
Kid, 11 years old December 24, 2012

Too filthy

Terrible and filthy, too much sex and drama, if tv rating it should be TV-14 and dvd rating should be R- Frequent Sexuality andFrequent Language
Kid, 8 years old November 14, 2012

COMMON SENSE MEDIA, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?

CSM, What is up with you these days?!?!?!? You're criticizing all the good shows! First Pokemon, and now BB?!?!?!?!? Come on, this show is awesome! I've watched it since I was 4! I have no problem with it all! They blur out nudity and censor swears. Sure, there's been parts where bad language is said , the houseguests drink, women wear skimpy clothing (One of them was a Playboy Playmate of the Year), and attack each other, but it's clean! It's just a more mature version of Pokemon to me. You enter a house and are pitted against each other for the summer, and you have to team up or work on your own. Just keep the kiddos off Live Feeds and make sure they are in bed when Big Brother After Dark comes on. (I LOVE IAN TERRY FROM SEASON 14!)
Kid, 11 years old August 31, 2012

Big Brother: My Favorite Show!

This is a AEWSOME show! My mom and I wach it every Sunday, Wednsday and Thursday. It's a great show for 11+ only if they're mature enough and I don't think that any kid is going to stay up until 12 or 1 in the morning. I LOVE IAN AND DANIELE!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bygirl13 March 30, 2012

Not that bad..

Don't see much wrong with it.