All member reviews for Black Books

Funny, offbeat Britcom is doused in alcohol.

Teen, 17 years old Written byIan D. March 21, 2012

Hilarious Britcom.

This show is about an Irish drunk named Manny who owns a bookshop, and his friends Manny and Fran. Violence is very mild and slapstick. Language is moderate, "bloody" is used a lot, and some other moderate language. Sex references are also moderate, however never gets to bad. The alchohol is plentiful, HOWEVER parents shouldn't be conserned about it, unless their kids imitate everything they watch on TV. Overall, the show is great for teenagers and up, because it isn't much worst than american sitcoms now. However, I don't think anyone under 10 should view this.
Adult Written byindependant April 9, 2008

Not much to say. The previous reviewer has laid out the synopsis for anyone who needs exhibition. This program is no longer running, but can be seen on the BBC and DVD.
Kid, 11 years old July 4, 2015

The funniest show in history, is awesome but also pretty inappropriate

The characters are all very inapropriate, they are all alcoholics and they get drunk all the time. They also talk about prostitutes and one drinks a very bad type of alcohol which makes him go crazy and eat bees. Characters also swear nearly every episode and they use a popes death as a joke. One character gets really drunk in a episode and tells a kid about bad things and he also poops in bidet. In one episode a character has too much coffee and goes crazy and fakes being a police man. In one episode a man wants to disable himself to avoid doing his tax. Great series, but not for everyone.
Parent Written byJane Dail Esquire September 28, 2013

Love it

Great, only thing is that the main char. is achoholic, but besides that it's fine for kids past 10
Parent of a 11, 11, 15, and 17 year old Written byfreddyfour November 17, 2012

we loved it

our family bought netflix recently and we've all enjoyed watching this show together. my 11 year olds love it, and i think they're smart enough to enjoy it.