Stunning undersea footage trumps a few storytelling flaws.

Kid, 10 years old December 8, 2011

Interesting...

It's a great series, stunning footage and very educational. However, it is reasonably violent. I'd recommend it for 5 and up, but I don't think the young 'un's could enjoy it.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byFumblingAngel January 27, 2013

Great for Older Little Kids!

My almost 5 year old LOVES this show. He is in love with all animals & he adores this, plus he loves to learn about different types of underwater creatures & this show is great for that. There are some alarming scenes with creatures being attacked, but it is not gory & represented in the circle of life theme.
Parent of a 8 and 9 year old Written byqtnn January 15, 2010

like "Planet Earth" underwater edition, but we enjoyed this more

Beautifully shot, fascinating, goes deeper than any other movie/series on this subject. Some of the footage is first-time-ever, like the 1 night a year that corals send out spores. Our favorite episodes are Tidal Seas and Coral Seas. Some very young may be bothered by fish hunting/eating each other, but older kids should learn that's part of life.
Kid, 9 years old September 18, 2013

Great show

I love this show it's so cool I love the deep sea episode the angler fish are so cool what was that thing with the yellow eyes on that episode I don't know
Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written byJim W. November 23, 2016

Not for more sensitive viewers

For example in episode 1 a pod of orcas hunt and kill a grey whale calf, set to dramatic music. Obviously it's natural, but even I found it unsettling, I'm sure my 5yo who loves ocras would be distraught.