All member reviews for Bones

It's CSI, with banter; expect grisly murders.

Age

Teen, 14 years old Written by♪♫music♪♫ January 13, 2011

Amazing! But for young kids take in to consideration your childs level of comprehension and ability to handle gory images

I have been watching this show since it first premiered in 2005 so I was 8. I know some parents would never let their kids watch a show like this but I never had a problem with scary images. I am also able to follow the story very well and of course I love the relationship drama. I think parents should let their kids watch if they're interested in forensic anthropology and if they are smart enough to comprehend the plot. There are discussions of relationships which can get inappropriate but don't consume the entire episode. I say don't knock it 'till ya try it!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bycross_breed November 18, 2009

Five Star Show

This is one of the best shows on television. Brilliant casting and really good characters. The corpses are very bloody and can unnerve even me, a fifteen year old with a stomach of wrought iron. The role models aren't quite great either, as the majority of them are agnostics, and one of them is a sex addict. Booth is really the only good role model in the entire show.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byhead shot July 12, 2010

a bit on the gory side in some eppisodes
Kid, 11 years old April 5, 2011

AWESOME MURDER SHOW

I LOVE BONES!!!!!! This show is awesome. I started watching it when i was 9, and loved it!! There is some violence, but that is only because it is a show based around murder. But you do learn some things. I also think there is good role models, because they are all smart scientists, so overall, GREAT SHOW!!!!
Kid, 11 years old April 28, 2011

great show and great role models

i love this tv show it has very good role models like temperance brennan she is a strong hard working and friendly woman who shows that women can be as good as men as solving crimes and many characters are smart and very wise so children learn to be a crime investigator you need to be smart and be very good at not getting distracted easily.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymelgwen July 7, 2010

I love this show

This show has positive messages and no more swearing than seems usual for prime-time TV. The violence itself does not seem excessive, though the dead bodies shown may be disturbing. However, for these one may simply glance away for a moment, as there is nothing offensive.
Adult Written bymoviemadness April 11, 2010

Mature Audiences Only

Bones is a great, fast-paced show for older teens and adults. There is some great stuff here, from strong, intelligent, female characters (including women of color), interracial couples/a diverse cast, and catching bad guys. There are also some not so great aspects. In every show, dead bodies are discovered in various stages of decomposition -they can be very scary and gross. The storylines and murders can also be tough to handle. There are, sad, adult, confusing, and suspenseful plotlines that aren't okay for kids younger than 15 or 16.
Adult Written bywallaceson August 28, 2009
Adult Written bylmorning April 9, 2008

Angel is Back!

This is a program with drama, suspense and is a refreshing change.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMusicislove62 January 20, 2011

Some Sex and Violence, but Great Messages

Don't get me wrong, Bones is only for teens who are mature and have a strong moral compass. There is some sex, and even some weird sex portrayed, which my parents worry about, but it is portrayed as weird. I am not referring to the episode with the transgender victim, but the one with the cougar cruise, and the one with the 'pony play'. However, almost all the gruesome scenes are obviously fake, and therefore, not much of a problem. I think that there is more benefits than problems, though.Dr. Brennan has Asbergers, and the viewer watches her as she learns what comes naturally to most of us, and these lessons re-enforce positive morals in teens. Additionally, Booth is a wonderful role model. Booth constantly puts his loved ones before himself, and teaches Brennan and others by his wonderful example.
Parent Written bylogicfile2 November 27, 2010

Know the maturity of your child

I love the show and before showing it to son I talked about the potential for gore. He has had the sex talk and are clear on morality. We both enjoy the science.
Teen, 15 years old Written byFahima Saeed September 15, 2010

Great for older kids, but not for 14 and under

My favourite show EVER!! I have liked David Boreanaz since I, as a baby, first saw him on Buffy back in the late nineties. My favourite vampire (Ed Cullen doesn't stand a sliver of a chance against him!) and FBI agent. I have learned quite a bit about the human anatomy too; and the jokes and innuendos are really quirky =D
Teen, 13 years old Written byniki_vh July 4, 2015

Bones

I think it's good for 14-year-olds because it is disgusting due to the skeletons but intriguing. There are a few pop-ups which can be scary but other than that it's the best.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysnowdayk June 28, 2015

Bones

Bones is a TV show about forensic anthropology. There is some inappropriate humor. I would not suggest for someone who is squeamish to blood, bones, or decomposing bodies.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byjordynannee February 21, 2015

I think its ok for 11 or 12 year old kids.There is sex in some episodes and there is violence,and swearing.It could be okay for younger viewers if they can handle looking at the bodies of the victims on the show. :)
Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written byPhil91 November 20, 2014

Amazing Show!!!

I personally really enjoy this show, especially the earlier seasons. Not really much violence, although the show is about a forensic anthropologist who gets called in to help the FBI when the dead bodies are too decomposed to identify who they are or how they died, so obviously there is a bit of gore. But on the whole I think its a very good show, with great role models and lots of interesting information Recently showed some of the first season to my 11 and 13 year old cousins. The 13 year old absolutely loves it but the 11 year old found it to be a bit gory and said it was creeping her out. I think it really depends on the child as I think some may never enjoy due to the gory bodies but I wouldn't easily show to children younger than 11.
Parent Written byerinw2 October 22, 2014

Kid, 10 years old July 18, 2014

Bones is a good murder show

Bones is a good but violent show for kids. I would give it a green light to watch for anyone 13 years or older.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBlah2014 June 11, 2014

Really good

Ok some scenes can be scary but if you're kid isn't easily scared they will be fine. The scariest thing I've seen is either a head with no body that still has flesh or a body with no bones. The sex is usually playfully baa term although sometimes you hear moaning and people under sheets. They also refer to body parts ( not job related). Some episodes are more appropriate than others so if you're not too sure tell them which episodes they can watch You can get scared.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBGM1597 January 5, 2014

Best show ever!

This Is my favorite show ever! I can watch it and rewatch it over and over again! Bones and Agent Booth are excellent role models and although sex is discussed in pretty much every episode, its nothing anyone 11+ couldn't handle.