All member reviews for Bones

Teen, 14 years old Written by♪♫music♪♫ January 13, 2011

Amazing! But for young kids take in to consideration your childs level of comprehension and ability to handle gory images

I have been watching this show since it first premiered in 2005 so I was 8. I know some parents would never let their kids watch a show like this but I never had a problem with scary images. I am also able to follow the story very well and of course I love the relationship drama. I think parents should let their kids watch if they're interested in forensic anthropology and if they are smart enough to comprehend the plot. There are discussions of relationships which can get inappropriate but don't consume the entire episode. I say don't knock it 'till ya try it!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bycross_breed November 18, 2009

Five Star Show

This is one of the best shows on television. Brilliant casting and really good characters. The corpses are very bloody and can unnerve even me, a fifteen year old with a stomach of wrought iron. The role models aren't quite great either, as the majority of them are agnostics, and one of them is a sex addict. Booth is really the only good role model in the entire show.
Kid, 11 years old April 5, 2011

AWESOME MURDER SHOW

I LOVE BONES!!!!!! This show is awesome. I started watching it when i was 9, and loved it!! There is some violence, but that is only because it is a show based around murder. But you do learn some things. I also think there is good role models, because they are all smart scientists, so overall, GREAT SHOW!!!!
Kid, 11 years old April 28, 2011

great show and great role models

i love this tv show it has very good role models like temperance brennan she is a strong hard working and friendly woman who shows that women can be as good as men as solving crimes and many characters are smart and very wise so children learn to be a crime investigator you need to be smart and be very good at not getting distracted easily.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymelgwen July 7, 2010

I love this show

This show has positive messages and no more swearing than seems usual for prime-time TV. The violence itself does not seem excessive, though the dead bodies shown may be disturbing. However, for these one may simply glance away for a moment, as there is nothing offensive.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMusicislove62 January 20, 2011

Some Sex and Violence, but Great Messages

Don't get me wrong, Bones is only for teens who are mature and have a strong moral compass. There is some sex, and even some weird sex portrayed, which my parents worry about, but it is portrayed as weird. I am not referring to the episode with the transgender victim, but the one with the cougar cruise, and the one with the 'pony play'. However, almost all the gruesome scenes are obviously fake, and therefore, not much of a problem. I think that there is more benefits than problems, though.Dr. Brennan has Asbergers, and the viewer watches her as she learns what comes naturally to most of us, and these lessons re-enforce positive morals in teens. Additionally, Booth is a wonderful role model. Booth constantly puts his loved ones before himself, and teaches Brennan and others by his wonderful example.
Teen, 15 years old Written byFahima Saeed September 15, 2010

Great for older kids, but not for 14 and under

My favourite show EVER!! I have liked David Boreanaz since I, as a baby, first saw him on Buffy back in the late nineties. My favourite vampire (Ed Cullen doesn't stand a sliver of a chance against him!) and FBI agent. I have learned quite a bit about the human anatomy too; and the jokes and innuendos are really quirky =D
Kid, 10 years old July 18, 2014

Bones is a good murder show

Bones is a good but violent show for kids. I would give it a green light to watch for anyone 13 years or older.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBlah2014 June 11, 2014

Really good

Ok some scenes can be scary but if you're kid isn't easily scared they will be fine. The scariest thing I've seen is either a head with no body that still has flesh or a body with no bones. The sex is usually playfully baa term although sometimes you hear moaning and people under sheets. They also refer to body parts ( not job related). Some episodes are more appropriate than others so if you're not too sure tell them which episodes they can watch You can get scared.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBGM1597 January 5, 2014

Best show ever!

This Is my favorite show ever! I can watch it and rewatch it over and over again! Bones and Agent Booth are excellent role models and although sex is discussed in pretty much every episode, its nothing anyone 11+ couldn't handle.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBones0627 October 4, 2013

Love it but.......

I love this show but I would recommend this to be watched with an adult just in case if the adult may not like what they see or hear. It is better off knowing what you think rather than what others think.
Teen, 13 years old Written byWackyjakie June 4, 2013

Fantastic for most people!

It is a great show for people interested in crime science. It has great role models who are focued on their job, but does contain some sex and some gore (what do you expect, it's about crime)! It shouldn't be watched by kids under 10 because of their lack of understanding for the subject and inability to follow fast-paced shows and/or love scenes (though there is no nudity). Overall, a great show for anyone in middle school, high school, or the adult life.
Teen, 17 years old Written byPluffy February 28, 2013

I love this show.

This show is amazing, despite the flaws the characters are really good at heart, the humor and characters are good, well their is sex and gore, but if you reach a mature age it should not brother you much, and I love the debates that Booth and Booth has, their is no malice or hatred. I think no children under the age of 12 should watch it, unless their mature for their age, or can handel stuff like this, also you may not watch your children or teens all of the episodes, as some episodes (such as the pony play episode, which had role play sex and a really gross body.)
Kid, 12 years old February 5, 2013

LOVE IT

I love the show but i can watch all most any thing and not have night mares
Teen, 13 years old Written bySarah10142 January 30, 2013

For teens and adults

I really like Bones. There are positive role models because the characters and very smart, successful, and determined. They do well at their jobs. There is some discussion of sex but it is all light. There is violence and gore, but not too much. It is called "Bones" after all!
Kid, 12 years old October 15, 2012

Bones Review

This show, does have lots of dead bodies, and deals with subjects such as murder and sex. But I enjoy it, and I'm 12! In the end it does show kids consequences of murder and breaking the law.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBonesAndBooth1424 July 28, 2012

Best show ever made

Wonderful show, I don't see why it's off for up to 14 years old and iffy for 15-17. It's not bad at all, the dead bodies are not even scary. I have a 7 year old cousin who watches the show with me. The show itself is GENIUS, the cast is marvelous with excellent acting, the plots are intriguing, it's absolutely perfect. The romantic chemistry between the 2 main characters is one of the best parts of the show. Also the crimes are very cleverly solved, a truly wonderful show. Definitely one of my faves.
Kid, 11 years old July 8, 2012

Love the show! But some things you need to know.

I think this is a great show that teens and parents would love! If you can handle some gruesome things you would like it. There are quite a few sexual references throughout the entire series. There are a few positive messages and good role models. There is some cussing and drugs and smoking. Some violence takes place when a suspect or the murderer runs off. Sometimes they also show the murder. They show that rarely. This is a great show if you are mature enough and know what you can and can't see.
Kid, 12 years old April 11, 2012

boanes

It is really cool i think everybody should watch its very educational
Teen, 13 years old Written byFreyaTheCat March 21, 2012

Good but a little disturbing

I think this is basically a "know your kid" type thing. There is a substantial amount of decaying tissue shown, which can only be expected of a show about this type of career, but it may be very disturbing to some people. There are also mature themes discussed in some parts. I am in the eighth grade and I enjoy mysteries. I like this show, but I can only handle a couple of episodes at a time. Probably a mature twelve year old could watch this, but only if they could handle the gore.