All member reviews for Boston Legal

Crass legal dramedy not appropriate for kids.

Teen, 14 years old Written byiluvKH April 9, 2008

One Of My Favourite shows!

This show is really good! It's really funny and interesting. The two main guys make the show what it is. It has a lot of sexual innuendos but is nothing overly graphic, most violence, if there is any, is not too bad but is quite brutal (but still funny) and is usually not shown. A man get his fingers accidently cut off (not entirely shown and a cat grabs them, one man gets shot in the knee at point-blank, but no blood etc.
Adult Written byljsmom April 9, 2008

Good TV

I love this show and have watched it since the initial episode. I love Denny Crane and Alan Shore!! They make the show the hit that it is. If you love Court dramas you will definitely love this show!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviegeek222 April 9, 2008

Teen, 16 years old Written byZeptometer April 28, 2013

A Classic

I'm usually hesitant to give 5 star ratings, but Boston Legal truly deserves to be noted for its excellent quality. The top-notch acting and playful humor that grace scenes within the office distinguish it from any other court drama I've ever seen, and likely any show that has been on television for some time. That being said, a lot of the humor requires either a considerable number of years under your belt, or an extensive knowledge of your parents' (maybe grandparents') stories. As such, as the years roll on, this show will sadly lose much of it's appeal. I personally think the show has positive messages, but if your politics differ from mine, I'm sure you'll disagree in some fashion. Beware the lecherous men of the show: it's clear to a shrewd viewer that this is presented as a character flaw, but a kid or younger teen may not. That being said, I doubt anyone of that age range would find the men of the show particularly appealing to model themselves after. At some point in the first season, Denny and Allan, the main characters, begin smoking a cigar and drinking scotch together at the end of each episode. They typically have a charming little discussion that serves as a capstone on the episode, but if you find the use of cigars and alcohol as social affair objectionable, keep this in mind.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycross_breed August 25, 2009

Great Show for Mature Teens and Up

This show is absolutely hilarious. It's very mature though. Younger kids won't even get it, so there's no point in letting little kids watch it anyway. There's tons of overt sexual content throughout. Alan Shore and Denny Crane, two of the show's main characters, sexually harass almost every woman in the office. Crane, especially, is a sexual pervert and in one episode, he wakes up with about seven different women in his bedroom. All that said, people who like dry humor with just the right amount of drama mixed in will love it.