All member reviews for Bratz

Teen, 16 years old Written bydoremi21 March 20, 2013

The truth behind Bratz

I personally think Bratz is a positive role model that gives positive messages. The reason I say that is because when I was younger(remind you i'm 16 now). Watching it made me realize a lot of things and I learned a few things from this show. This show is a good influence because it tells kids that you should be true to yourself, Do what you love, don't let anyone bring you down. It also shows you how to be humble and a good friend and what friendship is about. An example of that would be in season 1 episode 12 " Bothered, Bewitched, Burdined". In that episode, 2 girls Jade and Sasha was hypnotized. The other 2 girls Cloe and Yasmin didn't know. There was an incident where Sasha told Cloe, Yasmin talked about her. Jade told Yasmin Cloe talked about her and it became a drama moment . The point is that even though they did that Cloe and Yasmin argued then talked it out. This episode was saying you should talk out your problems with the person, have a conversation and listen to one another. In the end they realize Burdine hypnotize them. In addition, Bratz is a show about high school kids. Parents with the issues of makeup should realize most high school kids wear make-up. Just because your kid will watch this show doesn't mean they will wear make-up. This show may seem like money, shopping, clothes and fashion is the only thing important and what makes you , you but its not. It's more then that . There is always a lesson in the show ,it may not be direct but if you really watch and sit down to understand you will realize what the episode was about. When they took of this show, it pissed me off and other fans and viewers. I wasn't a crazy big fan but I liked the show. It helped me realize not to be a follower but a leader. What being a friend is all about. In episodes where they might seem mean or violence I disagreed. I wouldn't say violence like killing and shooting. It showed self defense and how to stick up for yourself an example of that would be in season 1 episode 8 "It's Not About Me week". As you can see in that episode it shows how to stick up for a friend in need and not to care about yourself all the time. To help others and realize the world does not evolve around you. To show how lending a hand isn't bad. This show also includes helping the community, giving back. When they win money from events instead of going shopping, spending, they give back to their community which shows that this show isn't about money to themselves. It shows that they don't care about money and how much to spend on shopping, it shows that you should always give back to your community, help out where you live. and help others in need that don't have anything. Many parents believed that this show is bad because of the mini skirts, so did the review for the Bratz. I disagree, this show shows you how to express yourself in fashion. It's not telling you to wear mini skirts and even though they did wear mini skirts they were walking appropriately, they sat down right, they wore high boots to their knees, they didn't bend over or opens their legs. They knew how to walk and carry themselves. This show is not telling kids to wear stuff like that. It showing kids that you don't always have to be plain in what you wear. If you have a certain style or want to be creative go ahead. It showing kids that you don't have to wear one type of color, there other colors no matter if your a goth, tomboy, girly girl or whatever criteria you feel your style is in. In addition, it teaches leadership and to stand up for what you believe, don't back down. Their is always going to be someone to bring you down, trying to hold you back because your more successful then they are. In all their episodes you will see that Burdine tries to make them fail in their success. For example, in Season 1 and all their episodes. She tries and she tries but in the end she always fail. Her attempts doesn't work because the Bratz work together and continue to find a way to complete their task and go beyond their limit. This show also shows how to be a good sport and candidate. In season 1 episode 7 " Manicuring Candidate" that episode shows that you shouldn't scoop to the other people levels but beat them fair and square. It shows that you should not do something for the popularity or the boys/girls but because you want to help others and make the environment a better place; that you have a greater purpose then winning, and that your really gonna love what you do and help out (dedicated in what you do, believe and say) It shows how there are times when you must put bygones aside and help each other out whether you like the person or not. There are times when you have to come as one to solve a problem then continue to go separate ways when its done ( for the people who work with people they don't get along with). In season 1 episode 6 "Pet Show", which is a good example that shows how two people who don't get along well work together to solve a problem. In one of their movie BFF. Their are episodes that shows you how you should treat one another and tell the truth. How lying will make a small problem become bigger. It even shows situations where you tried to help someone and you get in trouble even if you was innocent( doing the right thing). In that particular episode Burdine internships took free samples thinking they can leave with them. Yasmin tries to tell them to put it back and pulls the bags. The manager and the police comes. Yasmin who told them the truth,but the interns decided to get her in trouble with them and played like they didn't know her. It shows how karma works and that what goes around comes around. To treat other's how you would want to be treated. The episode shows how people tried to influence others. This is were true trusted, friends come in and being humble. Just because a person treat you bad doesn't mean you sit there and watch something worst happen to them even if they do deserve it. Bratz is not like most shows where the boys look super girly. They did had an episode where the boy dress like a girl but that episode was to show a boy how a girl wanted to be treated. That all girls don't want thugs, but nice sweet young men. It also shows the girls perspective when Dylan realize that not every girl wants a jerk. The episode was 9 and the season was 1 "trading faces" . Seeing a different point of view. It shows how boys and girls should respect one another. For the girls , if someone is being a jerk (boy) leave. An example for that would be in their movie Bratz Rock Angelz. In addition, I believe this show should come back on air and have more episode not for only kids, teens but for people who loved/liked the show. For the people it helped with the advice they gave. This show had situations that are some what similar to what some teens, girls, boys go threw today. It shows you that school is important. In season 1 Episode 2 " Not So Hot For A Teacher" it shows how grades are important. If you have to stop a certain activity because your grades seem to be going down. Stop, grades and school are more important. If you watch the episodes you can see how friends helped each other get good grades, find a way to pass and what classes to take. Watching this show will teach kids and teens that everyone has different personalities and look different. Don't judge someone off of first appearance. Get to know the person. You might make a new friend, you might have more stuff in common then you think. An episode of that would be in the BFF movie. You can watch it on Netflix for sure and if you don't have that you can try Youtube. It has many episodes in there that shows you that it is not all about passion for fashion. For the drugs, drinking, and smoking they drink smoothies. The Bratz do not use drugs. If you was to see any drugs, smoking, drinking these 4 girls always say their do's and don'ts. If you listen carefully in the TV series, movies they will use a phase " Not Cool' when you should't do it , if you didn't fix the problem you know you should had and when you did something mean(judging, bullying, disrespect, etc). The language is clean. Many words may sound like certain words that kids use today. But, when you listen closely they say nothing like that. The characteristics of each Bratz, kids and teens can relate. Many of their personalities or something about them these kids and teens can relate. It's a good role model because you see 4 girls who work hard, care for their grades, go beyond their limit to succeed, true to each other and themselves. They show respect and one of there episodes in BFF is an perfect example. It also a good example of when they gave an situation where you shouldn't jump to conclusion. As a result to that episode, you should always find out the facts. I personally wish this show comes back on air and not for the Bratz channel only because not everyone has that channel. Even though I'm 16, watching this show makes you think twice on who you are and your actions that you made.. For me it makes me think am I being true to myself or am I just trying to fit in. It made me realize that my grades are important and that I shouldn't let no one stop me from where I'm heading. I am happy to say this show helped me to become who I am today.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTise24 September 27, 2014

Amazing

I thought Bratz is great for all children. Parents should not be concerned for how they dress, considering girls have worn more revealing outfits. Their style is great but each episodes message is inspiring. The girls evolve, most of the time, and learn from every experience. I still look to them as role models after watching them for over 10 years. Bratz is great and you should give them a chance you should love it. And, as a 13 year old, I know what is really TV-14 and this is so far away even my sibling thinks 5 years old can watch it. I started watching it with many old cartoons on 4kids TV, along with Winx Club, and still watch it now. There is mild flirting and small violence when the girls are spies. Although, the language used is appropriate, except from the threats of their enemies.
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana April 12, 2011

i find nothing wrong with bratz.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymissybobcat April 9, 2008

YES This is good

this is not a bad show i watch it and it is not bad there are no name calling or skippy outfits and no beting people up
Kid, 10 years old July 28, 2011

totally great

some kids may not want the dolls. the issues are that burdine maxwell is rude and some cruel words are said suc as tweeevils etc.
Kid, 11 years old June 11, 2011

Don't Even Bother!

HORRIBLE! BARTS ARE SO LAME! AND THE TV SHOW IS INAPPROPRIATE! MY SISTER SAW AN EPISODE AND THEY WERE TALKING SO BADLY!

They're called Bratz ROCK Angelz for a reason...they rock!

i'm like 9 and i collect these dolls.everything i'm getting for christmas is bratz,bratz,and more bratz!!!i never watched this yet so i'm not very sure about its iffiness,but i'm just trying to clear up the stuff about the dolls.and they are nothing like barbie!!!they look like real girls,they have fashion sense like real girls,and they could be real girls!!!oh...and my scene copied!!!if you have a myscene and a bratz,compare them,if you're in a store,compare them,and if you see them online,compare them!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bylinglingrocks218 April 9, 2008

Its horrible, but not that bad for kids

This show is not a little kids show, it does have skimpy clothes and is not suitable for kids under 5. But this is not as bad as some of the kids shows out there, parents. Trust me some of those kids shows are worse! Cow and Chicken which has sexual innuendo, as well as Fairly Odd Parents, Rocko's Modern Life, and especially Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, which has a catchy theme song and parents let their kids watch it and really theyre being exposed to toilet humor, sex jokes, and violence! Billy and Mandy is really bad, it has gore in it and sex jokes almost as bad as FHFIF! Pokemon has way more commercialism involved then this does. I would defiantly not let a young kid under 5 watch this! But if they are 5+ and don't believe in those commercials then I would let them watch it. But I hate this show.
Teen, 16 years old Written bybratzfan1991 April 9, 2008

i love this show.

I watch bratz every sinlge Saturday morning. I am a hudge bratz fan. I have 2 bratz dolls
Teen, 13 years old Written by11BratzGirl November 4, 2013

BRATZ ARE NOT SLUTS!!!

Bratz are good role models they are not sluts it depends on how your child dresses the doll, so stop blaming it on them blame it on your kid. -_-
Teen, 15 years old Written byGirlyGirlwithDocs October 12, 2013

Parents, the Show Is Fine

Okay, to begin with... [this is directed to all the rude reviews I have read that have obviously not watched an episode of the TV show and Joly Herman in general for getting you all going.] If you are going to review anything, you can't just give a little rant about everything you hate. No, no. You have to explain the good in the TV show as well as the bad. Aside from Bratz, what is the opposing... Barbie? At the very least, Bratz is multi-cultural and from what I remember of the TV series it could be very educational and fun at times. How many episodes did you people watch to give this rating? At least let someone with some competence regarding the show review it, not you lot. Ugh. Yes. The show does have some sexual things. Like kissing, and crushing on guys in general. The girls wear clothes that are fashionable, and sometimes a mini skirt might be fashionable. Their motto is that they have a 'passion for fashion' and that includes some risqué tastes but others that are fabulous and perfectly appropriate.
Kid, 9 years old September 9, 2013

It's ok

This is my opinion on bratz I think they are soo dang ugly but the music is good and the tweevils are pretty funny but cloe is soo annoying if you love bratz dolls than bratz Is the show for you if you don't like bratz dolls then it's not the show fore you
Kid, 9 years old June 7, 2013

Bratz teaches people horrible things

First of all, I watched one episode. I learned absoultley nothing. There is no positive role models for kids. I didn't really like it! So, people who love Bratz, I'm sorry to say this but, stay away from Bratz. The Bad Doll Line strook back with a really bad message for people!
Teen, 13 years old Written byImnotateenbutgood September 14, 2012

Not for kids 16 and under

This isn't a kids show at all. This should be on Adult Swim not Fox and should be rated TV-14 or TV-MA!
Kid, 11 years old June 4, 2012

Bratz are so STUPID!

Eww. Bratz are so stupid and ugly I can't even look at one. They have big puffy lips, slutty clothes, bleh. Even the baby bratz have bad clothes. They look like they've been at a nightclub or something. Seriously, who would buy or look at a doll named BRATZ? Brat means selfish, stupid, spoiled kid.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycutecoolgirl2000 May 25, 2012

People are overreacting

Lots of people are overreacting, kids love this show,it doesn't make kids dress,act innapropriatly or only think about fashion and boys, to kids this is just a good show with fun dolls to play with, children won't want make-up and skimpy clothes, they'll want children's clothes with pictures of the bratz on! When I was 7-11-years-old I loved the bratz,i'm now almost 15 and it's not made me where skimpy clothes and only think about fashion and boys.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJennyc(= February 7, 2012

I believe Bratz is not that bad for children...

Yes, Bratz do punch eachother when they fight, and wear skimpy clothing but young children don't really think about that. They aren't thinking, "Oh... She's very sexy!" They're mostly thinking, "She's really pretty. I like her hair, her lips, and her big pretty eyes, mommy." Yes, I'm under the age of 18 but I don't believe Bratz are that bad for children.
Teen, 16 years old Written byカトリーナ December 19, 2011

There's nothing wrong with Bratz.

I'm 16 and I used to play with Bratz from the age of 8 to about 11. I also used to watch Bratz. Firstly, Bratz advertise no sexual nor violent encouragement towards the target audience. At an older age, it become noticable, perhaps, but from the ages of 13 and under, the dolls are just fun to dress up and give new hairstyles. When I was 10, I wasn't thinking, "Oh, I want this outfit with fishnet stockings and crop top." or "That girl was making fun of me, I think I'll punch her in the face like they did on Bratz", I was thinking "Jade's hair looks really good in a plait." Adults are overreacting because what they notice from the show is the suggestive messages that children that play or watch Bratz do NOT notice or pick up. There are no subliminal messages or bad influences because children don't notice. Children that don't like the show or dolls probably think they're ugly or a bad influence because that is what they've been told, or manipulated into believing. Myself and my mother both had no problems with Bratz and we still do not. Sure they may have curvy figures, but it's a little harder to create fat dolls than one might assume.
Kid, 9 years old November 24, 2011

Talk to your kids, Bratz is a BAD idea.

Bratz have skinny bodies and ALOT of makeup. Bratz is not good for anyone in my opinion. There are also Bratz dolls. Teens may like it but me....... NO. P.S: Bratz are bad rolemodels.
Kid, 10 years old April 23, 2011

THE WORST THING EVER

i hate bratz.Its the dumbest thing in history next to Hannah Montana.The only thing they ever focus on in life are clothing and shopping.There bodies are very (i cant say the word)(seroiusly,even I could make a doll thats a million times better)