All member reviews for Breadwinners

Teen, 13 years old Written byCrackingCracker April 6, 2015

THIS SHOW ROCKS!

AWESOME SHOW
Teen, 13 years old Written byCSMShamster April 4, 2015

AWFUL!!!!!! WHY DOES THIS EXIST???

Though not anything harmful, this is the stupidest thing Nick has ever created. The characters (named BEDUECE AND SWAY SWAY mind you) are awful role models that do nothing but be obnoxious and agitating. The writers obviously put no thought into the stories as the two main characters embark on brain-achingly loud and stupid adventures.
Kid, 12 years old January 10, 2015

STAY AWAY!

This show is amazing! It manages to take everything that's bad about a cartoon and put it into 11-minute segments. Constant butt jokes? Check. Stock images? Check. Lack of plot? Check? Sign that Nick doesn't give a poop about kids at all? Checkity-check-check! (Note the "Too much consumerism" message) They just gave up! Do they think kids are THIS stupid?! I mean, I don't recommend modern Nick AT ALL! In fact, block it in the Parental Controls. All they want is money! Not to mention there are plenty of alternatives! You want gross-out that's CLEVER, PLEASENT TO LOOK AT, AND IS MORE THAN BUTTS?! Ren and Stimpy. Shows about ducks? DuckTales and Darkwing Duck. Stock images/footage that's WELL-USED? Steven Speilberg's Freakazoid. A frigging weird concept? Earthworm Jim. You know, it's funny how parents want to protect children from seeing things so they won't repeat it (yeah, like kids are gonna buy an anvil and successfully drop it on a coyote), since they're too lazy to look after their children and prevent them from seeing it or even scolding THEM, and yet...this is WORSE! Avoid this at all costs! It's too stupid for any human brain (which explains why I put "Not for kids", because your brain will melt into a frothy milkshake that Homer Simpson will drink and spit it out into Nickelodeon's face)! Oh, and all of the alternatives I mentioned are on DVD, and Freakazoid is on Amazon Instant Video for about 20 dollars (it's a short series due to low ratings, but is still excellent). Overall, START A RIOT! DO ANYTHING TO GET THIS OFF THE AIR!
Teen, 14 years old Written bythesexycatlady_132 November 29, 2014

Is Breadwinners good or bad?

I honestly found it hilarious in some parts but the only thing that is not so good is probably some of Buhdeuce's joke, other than that I really think it's good. Even in some jokes you can tell it was made 4 teenagers like me. The age group i would advise is probably 1 to 14. It's a great family show but it can get annoying sometimes it can also be hilarious were it brings the family 2gether and everyone laughs at one point.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytheauthorside November 22, 2014

T-Midi

Some aspects of the show might not be the most appealing to parents, but if your child is older than 10, this is a good choice. There are some positive role models, like SwaySway and Buhdeuce's number one customer T-Midi the owl. There is not very much violence overall, and the characters' relationships are good-natured.
Kid, 11 years old October 6, 2014

Awesome

I love Breadwinners especially T-Midi because he never talks about potty humor. I don't like when they use potty humor in some episodes but do like the bread puns. Also it shows niceness when SwaySway is so nice to his brother Buhdeuce.
Kid, 12 years old October 3, 2014

More like BreadLOSERS!

Being a HUUGEE cartoon fan, I'm willing to give pretty much any cartoon a try. A few months ago I was watching Nickelodeon because there was nothing else to do, and I'd noticed that Nick was advertising the heck out of this show, which usually meant that whatever show they were relentlessly advertizing was probably going to suck. Nonetheless, I tuned into Nickelodeon on the day that the first episode of Breadwinners was airing, and MAN was I in for a rude awakening. Instead of the goofy, original style of humor I thought it was going to have, the ENTIRE FREAKING EPISODE was made up of absolutely nothing but 22 minutes of butt jokes. Whatever happened to the days when cartoons were made up of subtle pop-culture references, and characters exploding, being flattened, and countless other hilarious antics in old-cartoons? Oh yeah. Over protective parents had to ruin that for everyone. Little did they know that THIS was the kind of piece-of-crap programming that would be shoved in kid's faces years later because of their stupid decision to censor practically everything that had made cartoons funny in the past. Anyway, back to the review. I DO have to give credit to this show for coming up with a pretty original plot, but they ruin it by making it "hip" by making the pacing way too fast and shoving butt-jokes in your face for practically a half-hour. Half of the humor feels forced and kind of looks like it's trying to hard, and the characters have little-to-no original personality whatsoever aside from being direct clones of a much earlier, less terrible comedy duo, Drake and Josh. Rip-offs aside. The animation in this show is terribly lazy. Aside from the 2D characters, who're animated pretty well, they use stock-images of ducks, houses, and countless other things that the animators and creators of the show should've learned beforehand before they created the show. If fast-paced storylines, terrible jokes, potty-humor, and lazy animation aren't your thing, I wouldn't suggest watching this crap, nor would I suggest letting your kids watch it.
Kid, 11 years old September 28, 2014

Just not my loaf of bread.

Oh, Breadwinners. I found out about this show on Cartoon Network (Yeah, a Nickelodeon advert on CN, how great) And when I saw your commercial, I almost was sick. So, what's wrong with "Breadwinners"? Well, first off. POTTY HUMOUR EVERYWHERE. Seriously it's in your face every millisecond. Potty humour can be funny when executed correctly, but here it's not. Another problem is the characters. SwaySway and Buhdeuce (The main guys) are ducks with a horrible design. They're GREEN. Now, I'm not saying weirdly coloured animals are bad, take Sonic for example, but these are just ugly. And guess what? There's a green duck in Sonic The Hedgehog! Bean! Is it that hard to make a good duck character? All in all, Breadwinners is just stale and mouldy. Oh yeah, the main characters twerk as well. MILEY CYRUS UP IN THIS PLACE!
Kid, 9 years old September 24, 2014

WHAT THE HECK NICK??

Okay so I really Breadwinners because I HATE THIS SHOW and number 1. The names are Sway,sway and Buhduce (WHO. THE HECK EVEN CAME UP WITH THESE NAME THEY ARE THE WORST NAMES I EVER HEARD IN ALL OF HISTORY) like sway,sway is what a baby would say and I bet buduces mom was sitting on the toilet thinking of a name and then she shouted BUHDUECE okay let's move on number 2.they drive a stupid rocket van and deliver bread omg I mean seriously what is up with nick number 3.Sway,sway and Buhduce are DUCKS I mean seriously did a 2 year old make up this show I better hope not number 4. They say duck words like they say quazy instead of crazy and they say riduckulos instead of ridiculous I just don't get those are 4. Important reasons from me let me tell you the rest it's not even better than Spongebob THIS IS A PIECE OF CRAP (as in employee of the month THERES FARTING REALLY??) omg seriously I mean what's gotten into nick ITS MAKING AWFUL SHOWS in one episode THEY RUBB THEIR BUTTS AGAINST SOME CLASSY OWL this show is so inappropriate why did I get obsessed about this show when I was in 3rd grade this show is inappropriate the breadwinners shake their butts and they fart and there is toilet words the creators of this show did not even try to make kids laugh I hope this show gets cancelled
Teen, 14 years old Written byreds1999 August 30, 2014

...

Don't even bother.
Teen, 15 years old Written bydanny 7000 August 18, 2014

breadwinners is not for little kids

breadwinners is a very funny show but its not for little kids despite having lots of potty humour because it mostly appeals to preteens and young teens and it has some mature humour with that being said i think breadwinners is an amazing cartoon aimed at preteens and young teens and i dont recommend it for anyone under the age of 12
Teen, 16 years old Written byMisswebzTV August 13, 2014

What Parents Need To Know About Breadwinners

Well, I was watching Spongebob than this came on. I knew just by the title it was bad. Okay, before I tell you my whole opinion of this show, let me just tell you what it's about. SwaySway & Buhduce two bread delivering ducks. Okay what's so bad about it they use inappropriate language "shake that butt" or "remember what I said about not wetting my pants." They use too many potty words,words that aren't even real, and inappropriate words for one thing, second these could rub off on your children if you're not careful enough. Potty words, come on! Almost all kids love to hear the words poop, pee, vomit, fart. Also bad grammar Buhduce says "Yip Yip" or "Bubble Nuggets" um, one word does make a bit of sense it almost sounds like poop. Infantile if your child/children are over 5. Also this show is very bad for kids with social or brain disorders, it's evil. Also there is way too much sexual themes. They have them twerking and their names even match it SwaySway sounds like Swave Swave or Shake Shake and Buhduce almost sounds like poop and something worse kids shouldn't even know , they make fun of gay people. They make them, stupid, unkind, and weird. I mean come on! You don't have to humiliate people on air like that Nickelodeon! And they rub their butts in this dudes face. Somebody took off their pants. In one scene there were three males naked in a bathtub! Also kids love video games, these ducks act like they're in one, and half the time it's some monster. Also they ran over this poor girl duck in their dumb rocket van! The show advertisements are on way too much, and it gets annoying, and if kids see it there may be an issue. Nobody should watch this! Give kids a rolemodel!
Teen, 13 years old Written byNick139 August 12, 2014

I don't know why this show even exists!

This show is bad beyond belief. These green "ducks" are very disgusting. The writers of this show didn't even try to make it funny. These "ducks" also twerk for no reason and they use their butts to pull up a lever. I wonder why the writers think overused butt jokes are funny.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDaniel Mejia August 3, 2014

The channel I grew up with is slowly reaching self destruction.

Wow, these people are just heartless, as if Mr. Krabs was running both Nick and Viacom! This show was intended to entertain animators, but Nickeltrocious, as I like to call them, said, "Hey look, moving pictures with bright colors! This looks perfect for kids!" (At this point, the Klasky Csupo graffiti logo could've became a show. Yeah that'll put some images in your head!) Anyway, before I give people nightmares, when the promo for Breadlosers came out, I already had no high expectations whatsoever for the former "first network for kids"; shows like Fanboy and Chum Chum and Sanjay and Craig had proven to me that they no longer care about catering to their audience. All they want is to nickel and dime careless parents and take advantage of the fact that they don't pay much attention to what their kids are watching. Personally, I have never actually seen an episode of the show, and I don't want to. Instead, I listen to what other people have to say, and boy did this show get some critical backlash! What's even worse is the even more controversial nick and more.com article about this abomination being the #1 show for the network's target demographic, ages 2-11. To continue, the journalist even said that "they put kids first". Oh by that you mean giving kids a first hand look at animal abuse (Spongebob), people being driven to suicide (still Spongebob), infected splinters (okay this is getting old let's move on to another show), and characters forcing their friends to vomit (a la Sanjay and Craig). Now that I have my examples over with, let's get to the premise of this... thing. Two ducks, SwaySway and Badeuce (where'd they get these names from?) fly around in a rocket van delivering bread to a bad part of town. They constantly throw butts at us *insert As Seen on TV joke here* as well as other forms of tasteless, wannabe-Ren-and-Stimpy gross out humor. They even use their butts as weapons O_o. Plus, their designs are hideous; it's as if someone took Flappy Bird, made doubles of it, colored it green in MS Paint, photo shopped them onto tall and short people's bodies (also painted green), and animated them in Adobe Flash. There you go, SwaySway and Badeuce in a nutshell! Other jokes in here are bland slapstick and pop culture references no one within the main audience will understand (which is why the pilot was supposed to be FOR ANIMATORS. KIDS AGES 2-11 ARE MORE THAN LIKELY NOT ANIMATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! D:<) Also, a huge complaint I have about the show is it's take on love; it's very disturbing! If you don't believe me, watch Love Loaf and Quazy for Vanessa. In Love Loaf, the ducks find a loaf of bread with a heart in the middle. The Bread Master guy or whatever he is tells the duo that if you get someone to eat the bread, they will fall in love with you. The tall duck object thing wants to get his crush, Jenny Quackles, to eat the Love Loaf so they can get married and have kids. Instead of telling the boys a positive message about not forcing someone to fall in love with you, the bread guy tells them "love takes some time". Yeah, forcing food down someone's throat so they will like you takes a while to get used to, excellent message for the kids! -____- So the boys break into summer camp, where Jenny is going to, and cross-dress their way into getting her to eat the Love Loaf. Don't wanna mention the ending AT ALL. And as for Quazy for Vanessa, you'll have to see it for yourself. Bottom line: parents, if you are reading this, DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS WATCH THIS MORALLY CORRUPTED SHOW. Unless you want them to be exposed to as much messed up crap as possible, just keep your sanity. By the way, there is a petition on change.org to ban the episode that I just mentioned. You'll see why. Nickelodeon has been rendering me hopeless in terms of it improving since 2009, when Spongebob's 10th anniversary was overly hyped and in the end flat out lied to its fan base, causing it to plummet down to earth. So far I'm completely convinced that corporate greed and the philosophy that "kids are dumb and know nothing" have been taking over Nickelodeon, not actual humans who have experience with kids. Thank you for listening to my little rant. I would seriously go insane if my 2 year old brother watched this show; it's bad enough that my 5 and 10 year old nieces are getting a kick out of it.
Kid, 11 years old July 27, 2014

Better than Sanjay and Craig...but not good.

Not entertaining at all. Looks like cartoon network.
Kid, 12 years old July 19, 2014

HORRIBLE!

Nick replaced TMNT with this junk? Instead of showing a new episode of TMNT on Saturdays they now show this? What is wrong with you Nick? If I could, I would give this a zero. The jokes are disgusting and unoriginal, and it's a huge rip-off of Spongebob and Regular show. Employee of the month. Really? They need to delete this show, because it's one of the worst shows ever! I can't believe what Nickelodeon has become! Don't even bother watching this kids, it's horrible!
Kid, 12 years old July 17, 2014
Teen, 17 years old Written bylightfromtheskye July 15, 2014

Horrible.

This is the worst cartoon I have even seen since Sanjay and Craig. First of all, the cartoon is very uncreative. All the ideas are based on cartoons like Spongebob. Employee of the month? Really, this is all you can come up with? Even the names are uncreative! Secondly, their actions are extremely atrocious. In one episode, Swaysway and Buduece were at Ketta's motor shop, they were ready to run the rocket van, Ketta got in front of the rocket van to tell them something; instead of Swaysway and Buduece listening to what she was saying, they just ran the rocket van over her. Why? no clue. Probably you think it is funny for someone to get ran over by a van. Plus they don't show any safety to their friends. First, they try to nurse that person and then they invite a biker gang over to further trash the house. When that became a failure, they think it is right to hit that person in the head so hard, thinking that they will forget any of this happened. Oh yes, and that person that they are doing this to is their #1 costumer? This is a horrible way of being a role model. Even worse than that, THEY NEVER GET IN TROUBLE FOR DOING THESE HORRIBLE THINGS! One way to improve this is to add discipline for these ducks so kids watching this show will think NOT to do the things they are doing instead of thinking it is okay to do this. Plus, do you even know what bread does to ducks? If they eat too much, (exactly what ducks do in this show) they'll get this disease called angel wing. This disease makes their wings misshape during growth. Their defense (which is flying away) is completely impossible when a duck has angel wing. No wonder why ducks can't fly in this show! Do you even know this?! Plus, what mostly makes this obnoxious show even MORE obnoxious, their obnoxious dancing, which is the most obnoxious part of this show. Also, not ONE episode of this show involves butts in it. You think it is OKAY for kids to see this? You think it is OKAY for kids to be twerking?! Also, do you think someone grabbing or licking someone elses butt is funny? Disturbing, right? Then it is recommended to take this off, too. Finally, in my opinion, the rating of this cartoon is 2.5/10 or 0.5/5. If I could rate this cartoon with no stars, I would. I really would.
Kid, 11 years old July 13, 2014

Not good!

Breadwinners honestly isn't a good show at all. All they have is butt and fart jokes, and I honestly think that only a five or six year old child would enjoy this crap. Oh wait-- this show is too inappropriate for kids that age. Why? Well, there are twerking ducks, and in the episode Love Loaf, there was even a rape joke!! They also wore bras and put tennis balls in them. This show is supposed to be for an audience that is 7+! Is this really what Nickelodeon has come to?? Wow. This show also takes stupidity to a whole new level. Buhdeuce washing himself... in a toilet with a PLUNGER?? Jesus christ! Who knows where that thing has been???? Plungers are used to unclog toilets with crap in them... and there he is, washing himself with one. If you think about it, it's actually kind of disturbing. There's also a whole lot more, but then again, I could write an entire book about how terrible this show is. I do not recommend it for anyone.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTheBoogeyYoukai June 23, 2014

To be honest, not that bad

Why many see this show as being extremely awful, I however see it as sort-of a guilty pleasure. The show, while being first shown to the public on YouTube, became a thing during a film festival. This show's animation is rather simplistic, and I don't really see this as a bad thing. The main thing about this show is that there is a lot of toilet humor. These jokes can get annoying, but are rather tolerable. (Unlike a certain other show) I generally find my self laughing a bit at the corny humor, and a majority of the episodes are ridiculous to the point of being semi-enjoyable. This show is not for everyone, but I don't think it really deserves the hate it has gotten.