All member reviews for Broadchurch

Teen, 17 years old Written byJoshua Neumann October 6, 2013

Broadchurch effectively pulls you in to a whole new life, filled with mystery, wonder, and heartbreak

A brilliantly dark show. Completely terrifying and beautifully structured. You cannot help but be hooked. Broadchurch does more than entertain - it gives one a perspective on life. Nothing is as it seems. Even though it portrays such twisted ideas, it gives one a stunning sense of beauty and love. It makes one question what this world has come to, and it makes one believe in something more. It will make you smile, and it will most certainly make you cry!
Teen, 15 years old Written byLunaWolf March 29, 2015

First season = Perfect. Second season = Not so good.

The first season is brilliant, amazing acting tension and a good who done it. There is a little swearing, (f*** s*** and p***) but overall the language is okay with only minor obscenities, there is quite a few references to sex including an affair between two character and the relationship between a fifteen and seventeen year old, but other than references the most we see is a persons naked back. There is quite a bit of tension due to the death of Danny which some may find upsetting, but overall it's a well acted and well written show that if you get past those issues is a brilliant watch. The second season however not only is less well written but contains about two sex scenes and a fair amount of explicit talk along with violence and some infrequent swearing. I would recommend the first season to any reasonably mature eleven year old but I'd leave the second series (Depending on your child's maturity.) until they are 12-13+.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybenjaminjhacker February 19, 2015

A Fantastic Show

Broadchurch is a really great show. I think it is appropriate for kids about 12- 13 area as long as they are mature and understand some concepts. I admit that it has it's fair share of swearing (s***, and the occasional f***), but the bigger problem is probably sex. One character is having an affair with another, and it is spoken of that people are having sex. One scene shows a character's naked butt, but overall, it is just mentions of having sex. Besides finding a pack of cocaine under a minor's bed, there isn't much drugs either. If you can overlook these points, it is a fantastic show. David Tennant and Olivia Coleman don't fail to impress, and the plot is beautifully written. I couldn't put the show down once I started it, and am eagerly awaiting the arrival of Season 2. Even if you aren't into mystery, crime, or drama, this show is very well done and is worth your while.
Teen, 15 years old Written byFilmguy15 January 2, 2015

Disappointed

I love this show but had to stop because it's just way to much sex and swearing... very disappointing, especially because it has great actors, great story, great filming! I don't even know how it got a TV14 rating on one episode they say the f word, maybe it's not such a bad word in England but in American that should get a TV MA rating... characters are showed in there underwear and in one episode a man jumps out of bed and we see his butt, (which was not that bad but for some people it might) anyways great show if you don't mind all that junk. :)