All member reviews for Call the Midwife

Sublime British medical drama with explicit birth scenes.

Teen, 13 years old Written byABCand123 September 29, 2014

cool

cool
Parent Written bycindy.1980 October 21, 2012

Healthy and educational

Depending on the maturity of the child, but this brings a strong educational message on the history and reality of childbirth, health care and women's health. All boys and girls should both learn where baby's come from, and that there is nothing to take for granted in the progress we have made on the health of mothers and infants. A fantastic learning resource, with good story lines.
Teen, 17 years old Written byunder dogg December 26, 2013

epic

beeeeppp
Teen, 13 years old Written byRubyTherese June 6, 2015

Awesome

I love it! This is my favourite tv show. I started watching this when I was 11. My mum started watching it when I was 10 but I wasn't that interested when I walked past the tv. Then one day I decided to sit down and watch it and I immediately fell in love with it. I'd be careful with kids under 11, though.
Kid, 8 years old July 4, 2015

Explicit, graphic birth scenes in bloody but beautiful drama.

My rating:PG-13 for brief bloody images.
Adult Written byBestPicture1996 May 16, 2014

A consistently interesting show about new life

Coupled with the premise of having new life given sometimes multiple times in a single episode, the show has very interesting, strong female characters you can invest in. Trixie and Chummy particularly stand out to me, a bombshell with a quick quip at all times and the latter a motherly soul with a vocabulary that requires me to keep the captions on at all times. Start binge watching now, and maybe this show will be on par with "Downton Abbey" like it deserves to! (BTW, this does have some era-appropriate smoking)
Adult Written byviper_wings March 18, 2014

My youth

Since I am 58 I see my youth in this series . I also see that life nowadays is much better though I feel melancholia . This world is so "clean"in the west We had the best of times and the worst f times :-) My mum smoked through pregnancy and breastfeeding All people I knew smoked From the GP to the dentist In hospitals and so on and we still live What does that say about modern day tales ? Show children this world - cause we are forgetting our history !
Kid, 10 years old December 28, 2012

my opinion ,fair

i think it is educational and help's kids know things were for women havng baby's in the nineteen fifty's.But it's up to you what you think