All teen and kid member reviews for Caprica

Teen, 15 years old Written byRyan Thomas May 12, 2012

Wonderful Story, Great Characters, Interesting Society

I absolutely adore this show. I have never watched Battlestar Galactica, indeed i never had even heard of it except for passing references from books, and never looks it up. But a friend of mine recomended the show, and so i found it online and started watching. I generally dislike TV shows, and movies and such, they are shallow, uneducated, violent, and don't give me any positive experiences and knowledge. Caprica was different. Immediately after i started watching, i was hooked. I watched episode after episode, 4 or 5 at a time. It would seem if you just glanced over the series my interest would be odd. There is hardly any violence, the science fiction elements are subdued without any of the flying car elements generally found, there are sexual elements which can be annoying but that isn't the main focus, and in other words none of the typical reasons morons generally watch television for. But if you look at it in detail, you realize why it was good. It was good because of the characters. I grew to sympathize and understand them, i shared their hopes and tragedies. The Plot only served to enhance this. It was able to weave a complex, vivid tapestry that never bored me, was flawless in it's execution, and painted a realistic and interesting picture of humanity in the future. To me it combines the best elements of a book, with the ability to think, study, learn, with the ability to show and see found in movies. In short, the reason why Caprica is good is precisely because it is different from the usual TV garbage. It devotes it's time to characters and plot, using the sci-fi as backup. I wouldn't advise the show for younger children, since as i said earlier there are some sex elements in it, and you have to be able to think, understand, anylze; if you don't you get bored easily. But for anybody my age or older, who enjoys seeing an intelligent show devoted to characters and not to explosions, i would recomend this show wholeheartedly.