Kid reviews for Castle

Light crime procedural offers less violence than CSI.

Teen, 16 years old Written byTheCoolteen May 2, 2014

Way better than Lost!

I loved this show! You know that I was happy when Lost was cancelled! Lost was terrible! They also say "d-mn", "h-ll", "a--", "crap", "b---ard" and "s-ut". CSM, You gotta add language to this review!

Teen, 14 years old Written byMadalynnJackson April 16, 2014

Great!!!

Castle is a really good show, but it does involve murder, and some of those bodies do get a little creepy. Also there is some sexual content, which I usually skip over on my iPad. For the most part it depends on the maturity of the kid to watch it. The humor is funny though.

Kid, 8 years old March 28, 2014

I love it

I llove castle its funny and cute and it DOESN'T scare me at all and am 8!
Teen, 13 years old Written byjlk_828 March 12, 2014

It's funny

If your kids want to watch crime shows this is a good starter. Not too iffy gets more iffy later through the series.

Teen, 14 years old Written byAnniflosch February 1, 2014
I began watching Castle at age 11 and found it to be extremely entertaining and interesting. Yes, it is quite violent when it comes to the way the victims are killed, but the attention is usually drawn towards Castle and his shenanigans. The development of Castle and his relationship with Beckett also kept me watching every episode of the show. I also have to disagree with commonsensemedia, when they say that there are little positive role models and messages. Beckett is an aspiring cop, who strives to honor the victims and help their families handle the death. Overall, she is just a strong woman who stands up for what she believes. Castle on the other hand can be irresponsible, but he does learn from his mistakes and develops over the course of the show. Nonetheless, his relationship with Alexis, and how they support each other unconditionally, gives a great message of what it means to be united as a family. To add to that, Alexis is a hard working student, who is trying to figure out who she is in a healthy way, and is consistently open to change. She is usually not drawn in to dangerous behavior and learns how to stand up to peer pressure.
This show is definitely a must watch! Just be ready to be drawn in to its wit, hilariousness and thought provoking atmosphere.

Teen, 16 years old Written byhorsegal545 December 4, 2013

Perfect crime drama for everyone

this show is my favorite crime drama right now! just started watching it, and am going back to watch all the other seasons! beckett is a great role model for kids, as are castle and all the other characters. violence is pretty mild, nothing like csi and the like. some episodes are more violent than others. bullet wounds, some stab wounds, lots of blood, dead bodies (not gruesome). sexual stuff is typically mild, but the later seasons have more than the earlier seasons. there are mild innuendos. cursing is not too bad, b**th, a**, d*mn, h*ll are common. no f-words or s-words. there is a little bit of social drinking, but not too bad. Castle is a great show because it's a crime drama that's different from all the others. it has the ongoing stories of beckett's mother and beckett and castle's romance. it can be so lighthearted and funny but it can also be extremely serious and deep. the acting in this show is fantastic, as is the writing. i highly recommend this show; you will be so impressed!

Teen, 13 years old Written byrayray7 September 1, 2013

THE BEST!

Castle is the BEST. Unlike NCIS or CSI, there isn't as much blood and gory details. Every few episodes there might be a bloody crime scene but nothing as bad as NCIS. Characters drink and some suspects seem either high or drunk, but none of them are underage, with an exception to an episode I remember where high school kids would drink and take drugs, but they get in trouble but not as much as real kids would because the show is focusing on the murder part, not the underage drinking/drug problem. Castle still has affairs with his ex wife and he and Beckett have a steamy scene but only on a few episodes. Castle's daughter, Alexis, is a very good role model (straight As, clean record) but some kids might find her as a goody goody. Overall this show is very good and age appropriate for tweens/teens and parents/adults will love it as well.

Teen, 13 years old Written bycrazyforluvingyou7 July 19, 2013

LOVE this show, good for the whole family

This series is a great show for fans of CSI,Perception, Blue Bloods, Body of Proof, and those type of police investigative shows. Its funny, intriguing, and really well written and acted out. The only concerns parents might have is that in the earlier episodes, Castle and Beckett have some heated moments in the bedroom, but not frequently. Also, language is overall good, but some words may be ones that parents don;t want their kids hearing like sl**ht and b**ch. Other words are hell and d*n but swearing and foul language doesn't occur often. In earlier episodes, parents might want to be conscious of the inappropriate (yet hilarious to the older viewers) things that are said throughout the series. I personally think that this is a great series with verry little gore, only when someone is shot or dead bodies are found and put on a gernie to be delivered to the morgue, good comedy, well-written, well-acted, and a great mystery series with good plots.

Teen, 15 years old Written byAli_214 May 31, 2013

CASTLE_ALL_THE_WAY

Castle is a TV show that (along with Cold Case and Psych) made me want to become a Police Officer or Detective.

Teen, 15 years old Written byBretU20 April 12, 2013

GREAT SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a great show, CSM should have it as a 5 star!!!!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byWayward Girl September 1, 2012

Castle's hilarious!

Castle is about a female detective who has to put up with a hilarious mystery book writer who gets to tag along on her cases for inspiration. As later seasons go by, they form a tight friendship with each other.
This show is so much fun, full of action and plenty of humor. However, it may not be great stuff for kids. There isn't that many good messages, as it is a cop show and deals with criminals all the time. Detective Becket is a good role model for girls, I guess, but Castle himself is quite the ladiesman, and is insanely rich, so he's very into material items. I will give him some credit though and say he's a good father.
It's a crime show, so violence is a plenty when it comes to the bodies of the victims. There are also shootings, bombings, and hostage situations. As far as sex goes, Castle is a ladiesman. In the first 2 seasons it showed more of him and his girlfriends. In the first seasons there were also more of his rather "inappropriate" jokes. There is an episode I didn't watch AT ALL thoughl that dealt with the murder of a sex mistress. That was a no no for me. There was also another that had to do with the death of a stripper, and another that I didn't like at all that had to do with a cult of people who lived like vampires. I hated that one.
Language consists of the usual, dang, heck, SOB, etc, and like I said above, Castle is freaking rich so he does ride up in cool cars and pays hundreds of bucks for a bottle of vintage wine. With that said however, there is hardly any drinking or smoking. Some suspects are heavily into drugs however.
So while there are a few episodes that might need to be skipped altogether, Castle is really fun to watch. In the core, it's a lovable and sweet show and for the most part, wholesome clean fun. :)

Teen, 14 years old Written bySkylarker June 12, 2012

Fun show with lovable characters is good for tweens and older

The show is great :)
I actually think it CAN be a little violent, depending on the episode and on how the victim was killed. But the corpses are usually only visible for a minute or two, so it's irrelevant. There is some implied sex; viewers don't see much of anything.
SPOILER:
After 4 seasons of no contact (except for a brief, fake, kiss), Castle and Beckett finally confront their feelings for each other and kiss. It's then implied that they go to sleep together. (All viewers see is them leaving the room together).

Kid, 12 years old May 11, 2012

Love Castle!

I love this show! It does have some violence, language, but Kate the head detective is a positive role model because no madder what she keeps strong and loyal to her partners. If you were to watch a good crime show I would watch this.

Kid, 12 years old May 7, 2012

Awesome Show

OK. This is probably the best T.V show that I have ever seen in my ENTIRE life. Seriously. It's that good! There is violence in it though. It shows the dead body at the murder scene and in the morgue, Suspects struggle when being brought in, that sort of thing. Some episodes are inappropriate for kids, tweens,etc, but overall, it's a pretty good show. I watch it on Monday night with my mom. My ten year old sister also watches it. My 7 year old brother will occasionally watch an episode online after we've seen it. It really depends on the kid. There are some language issues, so a parent might want to watch a few episodes before letting their kids see it.

Teen, 13 years old Written byResidentEvilPotter January 7, 2012

Love It - Makes Mondays Good!

Might not be for you if you're a fan of things like CSI, but give it a try. Has positive messages and positive role models. There is violence, but that's to be expected.

Teen, 13 years old Written byrvv123 October 2, 2011

Great CSI-Like show!

This show is perfect for people, and kids that want violence less than CSI, but great plot, theme, suspense, and drama. Overall, it is a great show but there is some language and violence (blood on crime scenes).

Teen, 13 years old Written bySweetDisposition August 2, 2011

Castle: Crime with humerous satire.

I've watched about 10 episode of this show (all of them near the end of season 3), and I'm hooked.

The basis behind the show is pretty simple, a crime novelist (Castle) follows around NYPD homicide detective (Beckett) as she is the inspiration for this new series of books, staring detective Nikki Heat. The ongoing plot between them is they debate their feelings for eachother (cliche, I know), but it's done in a way that doesn't feel 'tacked on' to the series. The show also sometimes focus' on Becketts' fellow NYPD officers (Ryan & Esposito), and also a recurring mystery is that of Beckett's mothers murder.

Castle's actors play their roles very convincingly, and in some ways they appear bi-polar. Sometimes they'll have you laughing, sometimes wrapping your head around the murder trying to be solved, and sometimes feeling remorse for every bad scene.

Yeah, the violence is indeed violent. At the end of season 3 (SPOILER ALERT FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T SEEN IT! Sorry for all caps, some people get angry when I post spoilers...)
the main female cop, Beckett, is shot by a man who works for the orginization that killed her mother.

Teen, 13 years old Written bytv show June 1, 2011

WATCH CASTLE

It is an awesome fast paced show. If you like action, its for you! It's less violent than CSI and NCIS and has more humor. It can also relate to teens because Castle has father/daughter talks with Alexis.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMaplefrost May 30, 2011

Love

Teen, 14 years old Written bycastlefreak13 March 27, 2011

Amazinf show for 13 and up

I love love love this show. I is an awesome crime show but they also keep it light and funny. The main characters interact well together and Castle is a great dad (or tries to be)