All member reviews for Charlie and Lola

Brit siblings set good examples; great for kids.

Parent of a 3 year old Written byChert July 29, 2009

We watch it again and again, happily.

The Minnow doesn't watch much television. When she does, it is usually a Charlie and Lola. Eleven minutes of pure fantastic fun. Great graphics, great music, no wacky antics or hit-you-over-the-head lessons. Just a five-ish year-old girl and her nine-ish year-old brother, using their imaginations to enjoy themselves. Lola can't check out the library book she loves and Charlie helps her choose another one. Lola wants to be the bigger one so she can go on the big kid amusement park ride and Charlie pretends to be the little brother so she can see how it feels. Lola wants it to snow every day and Charlie takes her on an imaginary trip to the North and South Poles. Lola and her friend Lotta want to play pretend and Lola has forgotten her suitcase of props. They search the house for other things to pretend with. It's the right mix of simple stories, totally believable emotions, and compelling graphics (all done in black crayon and collage).
Parent of a 5 year old Written byBPBury1970 January 19, 2011

Toddler through kindergarten; older kids won't be as interested

My 5 year old son loved this when he was 2-4, but he doesn't watch it much anymore. He hasn't dismissed it as too young for him, but I can see that coming soon. It's a really neat show in that these are kids with actual personalities who are fun to watch. Because they use actual kids for the voices, they change actors every so often. To me the writing has diminished in quality from the first few seasons (yes, I'm seriously saying that), and I kind of identify the quality of the show with which voice actors are doing the work. "Oh, this is the first Charlie. It's pretty good." The earliest seasons have the most charm and character to them. They're just very pleasant to watch.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytreybear13 February 8, 2011
i love the disney tv show you won't miss lt
Parent of a 3 and 8 year old Written byRose Upstate NY March 29, 2011

Wonderful sibling lessons

Love the interaction between the older brother Charlie and younger sister Lola. Great values of patience, friendship, and imagination. Very bright and playful shows where the brother helps the sister navigate everyday life issues... cat stuck in tree, busy best friend, not liking hair cuts, scarred of thunderstorms, etc. Enjoyed by both boys and girls. And the English accent adds charm.
Parent of a 4, 4, and 7 year old Written bymagasalee January 30, 2011
Parent Written byjillschmill September 14, 2010

Have to admit, I've watched it when my kid isn't home! It's that good.

I absolutely love this show. I recommend it to anyone who has more than one child, as theirs is a beautiful sibling relationship without being corny. It's creative, sweet, sincere, and makes my daughter laugh out loud. Plus, each episode is only 12 minutes long!
Parent of a 3, 5, and 12 year old Written bymydaughtersalad... July 7, 2009
Adult Written bygezellig_girl April 9, 2008
Adult Written bygpf628 April 9, 2008

I really enjoy watching this with my child

Charlie and Lola is a wonderful show. My son is 6 and still enjoys watching it. Great family tv
Adult Written byAngela33 April 9, 2008
My daughter's sister really likes this show.
Teen, 16 years old Written byopalescent June 13, 2015

Best little kid's show EVER!

I'm way older than 3, and I still LOVE LOVE LOVE this show! Whenever I visit my family in the UK, I always watch this show with my sister (okay, mainly because there aren't any other good TV shows to watch). I adore all of Lauren Child's artwork. It's so simple and lovely. The storylines are brilliant, and very realistic. Everything always end up fine, and there are basic (and mandatory) lessons weaved into each story. The accents are adorable, and Charlie and Lola really are similar to real-life siblings. I haven't heard of any parent who doesn't like this great show. "Charlie and Lola" was basically my childhood. That and "Peppa Pig" and "Angelina Ballerina", two of the best kids' shows of all time. I'm too old for those two, but with "Charlie and Lola", you can never go wrong. Out of all the kids' shows I've ever seen, I'd recommend this one most of all.
Adult Written bycourtwork September 18, 2013

Delightful and creative for all ages

Charlie and Lola is adorable and fun. My daughter is 7; We just discovered this show, and she loves it. She laughs so hard at Lola's antics. The show is creative, and the siblings treat each other with love and kindness. In fact, I like it when both of my kids watch so they see how kind Charlie and Lola are to one another. According to Lola, Charlie hangs the moon. She doesn't pester him, and he is always kind and loving toward her. The producers manage to convey this without making the characters campy or non believable. The content is always creative, believable, and humorous, with a cast of lovable characters. I highly recommend this quality program.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy September 22, 2012

Enough!

When will CSM LOOSE their bad taste?! They dunno a good cartoon when they see one! Charlie is boring and lifeless! Lola whines and throws tantrums like Cailiou!
Teen, 13 years old Written byferret lover April 20, 2011

i love Charlie and Lola!

I love Charlie and Lola! the books and the TV show are cute.It also teaches things that are in every day life.
Kid, 10 years old February 22, 2011

READ ME!

Even when I am 10 I still like it! Although I think my 3 year old friend likes it more than me!
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 19, 2011
I actually like this show. i dont like most of the new playhouse disney shows but i actually like this one.
Parent of a 1, 3, 4, 4, 7, and 8 year old Written byKelsyKin October 29, 2010
Parent of a 2 year old Written byhiphaven July 7, 2010

irresistible

most unique and refreshing video's we have seen, started watching this at two years of age and still going strong.
Adult Written byAsc November 19, 2009

Perfect for all ages

Love it, especially their caring loving attitude for each other. The accent is compelling.
Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written bynfrancis July 17, 2009