All member reviews for Charlie and Lola

Brit siblings set good examples; great for kids.

Parent of a 3 year old Written byChert July 29, 2009

We watch it again and again, happily.

The Minnow doesn't watch much television. When she does, it is usually a Charlie and Lola. Eleven minutes of pure fantastic fun. Great graphics, great music, no wacky antics or hit-you-over-the-head lessons. Just a five-ish year-old girl and her nine-ish year-old brother, using their imaginations to enjoy themselves. Lola can't check out the library book she loves and Charlie helps her choose another one. Lola wants to be the bigger one so she can go on the big kid amusement park ride and Charlie pretends to be the little brother so she can see how it feels. Lola wants it to snow every day and Charlie takes her on an imaginary trip to the North and South Poles. Lola and her friend Lotta want to play pretend and Lola has forgotten her suitcase of props. They search the house for other things to pretend with. It's the right mix of simple stories, totally believable emotions, and compelling graphics (all done in black crayon and collage).
Parent of a 5 year old Written byBPBury1970 January 19, 2011

Toddler through kindergarten; older kids won't be as interested

My 5 year old son loved this when he was 2-4, but he doesn't watch it much anymore. He hasn't dismissed it as too young for him, but I can see that coming soon. It's a really neat show in that these are kids with actual personalities who are fun to watch. Because they use actual kids for the voices, they change actors every so often. To me the writing has diminished in quality from the first few seasons (yes, I'm seriously saying that), and I kind of identify the quality of the show with which voice actors are doing the work. "Oh, this is the first Charlie. It's pretty good." The earliest seasons have the most charm and character to them. They're just very pleasant to watch.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytreybear13 February 8, 2011

i love the disney tv show you won't miss lt
Kid, 10 years old February 22, 2011

READ ME!

Even when I am 10 I still like it! Although I think my 3 year old friend likes it more than me!
Teen, 13 years old Written byABCand123 September 29, 2014

fantastic

fantastic
Teen, 14 years old Written byleahcar November 2, 2013

Life lessons taught sweetly with this sibling relationship

Charlie and Lola is a show which focuses on the relationship between 7-year-old Charlie and his little sister Lola. Lola has a long way to go in life. In each episode she makes mistakes, as a result of making poor decisions. However, Lola always learns her lesson and, with the help of Charlie, corrects her mistakes. Charlie and Lola sometimes disagree, but because of their strong bond and love, they hug and makeup afterwards. What I like about this cartoon is, while it does have a moral for each episode, it doesn't 'drill' it into your head. There is no formula or breaking the fourth wall, which can make a show annoying after many episodes. Lola has a vivid imagination, so there are a lot of imagine spots with music, which is entertaining to watch. If you have very young children, I definitely recommend this show. I used to love it when I was younger.
Adult Written bycourtwork September 18, 2013

Delightful and creative for all ages

Charlie and Lola is adorable and fun. My daughter is 7; We just discovered this show, and she loves it. She laughs so hard at Lola's antics. The show is creative, and the siblings treat each other with love and kindness. In fact, I like it when both of my kids watch so they see how kind Charlie and Lola are to one another. According to Lola, Charlie hangs the moon. She doesn't pester him, and he is always kind and loving toward her. The producers manage to convey this without making the characters campy or non believable. The content is always creative, believable, and humorous, with a cast of lovable characters. I highly recommend this quality program.
Teen, 15 years old Written byYoshiGuy May 16, 2013

Great show!

This show is great for children. It's actually one of my favorite shows!
Kid, 12 years old October 30, 2012

One of the best!

This is one of the best shows. I'm 12 and I still watch this show. It's better than Caillou.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy September 22, 2012

Enough!

When will CSM LOOSE their bad taste?! They dunno a good cartoon when they see one! Charlie is boring and lifeless! Lola whines and throws tantrums like Cailiou!
Kid, 12 years old August 31, 2012

Wonderful

This is a delightful cartoon with creative animation, simple but good writing, and believable characters. Highly enjoyable even for preteens. My sister and I both still like it, and I think it's one of the best children's programs out there.
Kid, 11 years old June 4, 2011

Good Messages

I used to watch this show as a little kindergardener. Still never gets old,
Teen, 13 years old Written byferret lover April 20, 2011

i love Charlie and Lola!

I love Charlie and Lola! the books and the TV show are cute.It also teaches things that are in every day life.
Parent of a 3 and 8 year old Written byRose Upstate NY March 29, 2011

Wonderful sibling lessons

Love the interaction between the older brother Charlie and younger sister Lola. Great values of patience, friendship, and imagination. Very bright and playful shows where the brother helps the sister navigate everyday life issues... cat stuck in tree, busy best friend, not liking hair cuts, scarred of thunderstorms, etc. Enjoyed by both boys and girls. And the English accent adds charm.
Parent of a 4, 4, and 7 year old Written bymagasalee January 30, 2011

Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 19, 2011

I actually like this show. i dont like most of the new playhouse disney shows but i actually like this one.
Parent of a 1, 3, 4, 4, 7, and 8 year old Written byKelsyKin October 29, 2010

Teen, 14 years old Written byBlueSunday September 19, 2010

A show that is actually safe for kids to watch!

It is so neat, I definitly recomend the show, I even watch it, mostly because it makes me feel happy! The music at the beginning is actually really spirit lifting (I have a really strange style-get over it) Lola is really creative, and the siblings are really caring, its not completely made to educate (why do ALL shows have to?) and the animation is really cool. And it proves to American's that the British do other things besides sip tea all day.
Parent Written byjillschmill September 14, 2010

Have to admit, I've watched it when my kid isn't home! It's that good.

I absolutely love this show. I recommend it to anyone who has more than one child, as theirs is a beautiful sibling relationship without being corny. It's creative, sweet, sincere, and makes my daughter laugh out loud. Plus, each episode is only 12 minutes long!
Parent of a 2 year old Written byhiphaven July 7, 2010

irresistible

most unique and refreshing video's we have seen, started watching this at two years of age and still going strong.