Laughs are on tap in this classic sitcom.

Teen, 14 years old Written byPrincessNoriBori August 28, 2011

Hilarious

Cheers is hysterically funny! I love this show! It's really funny, though there is a lot of innuendo. But definitely a great show, teenagers will love this!
Kid, 12 years old August 8, 2011

not good

It's OK. I watch Frasier, so I assumed I would like Cheers. This show gets a little boring. A lot of characters have major character flaws. Carla has a bad temper and is always getting accidentally pregnant. Sam is a womanizer. Norm drinks beer every day for hours. Diane is pretty snobby. Overall, I love the theme song, but don't like the show.
Adult Written by606201186 April 9, 2008

cheers sucks

This was the most boring,unfunniest show in the history of television.Nothing but a bunch of lonely drunks looking for acceptance.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCamille Engelson August 4, 2016

Cheers Review

An excellent light-hearted show. Also see it's spinoff show Frasier. Sex and romance are the center of conversation in the bar amongst most of the characters. Jokes are sure to get everyone laughing. Not good for kids due to the sexual humor, but otherwise appropriate for teens and some tweens. Alcohol is present in every episode since it takes place in a bar (duh) but characters are responsible about drinking it for the most part. A great show to rewatch with teens and wind down the day with.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKmfan97 January 16, 2015

my favorite show of all time.

This is my favorite tv show ever I've been watching it since summer vacation last year and I am now on season7. The show has changed a lot since I first started watching it on Netflix and I do miss coach and Diane Diane especially. The show is still amazing though and woody is my favorite character. I would recommend kids 13 and up watch it though because the sex jokes can get pretty dirty at times. The language has also gotten a bit worse as well like when I was watching it and heard s$@@ and w@@@@
Adult Written byLowe's man July 19, 2014

Good customer service is on tap.

Parents need to know that this classic bar comedy is morally a mixed bag. For example, there are the sex jokes, as you point out. Then there are the wisecracks, particularly from Carla. Parents may also want to talk to their teens about the drinking. On the flip side, all the drinking obviously must've been in moderation since no one ever gets drunk. (I hope that there was always a designated driver.) Also, for all the sex jokes, there was never any sex on the show. Moreover, everyone who works at the Cheers bar- even mouthy Carla- provide good customer service, the kind that would keep customers coming back. Lastly, it's not strictly a "white collar" bar or a "blue collar" bar. The people who go to that bar are from a wide variety of job occupations. That's more than what I can say about many bars- or churches or neighborhoods or schools or family gatherings- in real life. To sum it up, while the writing is clever, this show is squarely for adults, which is why I'd give this show a red light for 12 and under and a yellow light for 13-15. Older teens can watch it, as it is tame enough for 16 and 17, but even for kids at that age, parents may want to supervise the viewing, at least initially. All this said, the show is clever. And let's not forget that CHEERS is nonviolent, which was often pointed out during debates about violence on television in the early 90s. Indeed, during that era this show was often mentioned by name whenever it was said that some of the most popular programs were nonviolent. Some of this praise came from an unlikely source- religious conservatives (evangelicals).
Kid, 10 years old October 28, 2013

GOOD!!!

I seen my mom watch it.She watches Frasier too.I think it has too much drinking,language,and sex.I watch it after school and record it.
Parent Written bytheblanchedsoldier February 23, 2013

Lovely show

There is really not much I can say. I love this show and I think it's great. Kids might even be able to like it. If you ever feel a bit down, this show has a way of brightening up everything.
Teen, 15 years old Written byxmolly May 5, 2012

"You wanna be where everybody knows your name..."

Cheers is a fantastic show. Yes, it takes place at a bar and yes, there are quite a few innuendoes and what-not, but there are also a lot of great values. Cheers is about friendship more than anything, regardless of gender, class, intellect, etc. I actually think this is a great show to teach children about acceptance. For example, it shows that a lazy, unemployed "barfly" (Norm), a self-observed, womanising, bartender (Sam), and a rigid, demure, socially-inept psychiatrist (Lilith), all have hearts of gold and are very good friends. Cheers is a very warm environment, you feel very close to the characters, and can relate to at least one of them. Cheers is a gem, especially compared to the trash that's on television today (Family Guy, the Vampire Diaries, Jersey Shore, etc.)
Adult Written byAntonKreitzer December 2, 2011

Where Everybody's Known Your Name since 1982

Cheers - One of the funniest, most critically acclaimed, most superbly written and acted sitcoms ever to grace television. This is aimed at adults, although families with older children can watch it too, indeed, I first watched Cheers at the age of 17. Sam, the lead character, is a promiscuous womanizer - not for kids! This being said, he is an example of what alcohol can do to you - he was an alcoholic. Diane and Rebecca are strong leading women, although Diane is somewhat snobbish and Rebecca can be a bit angsty. Carla, the waitress, is always hilarious with her insults, another thing younger children and teens shouldn't hear. Coach and Woody, whilst being somewhat thick, have warm, friendly natures and are good examples on how people should behave in general. Then there's Frasier and Lillith, everyone's favourite intellectuals, who are quite New Age and too progressive for young minds. Finally, resident barfiles Norm and Cliff - one's a resident alcoholic who's always bickering about his wife, whilst the other is a never-ending walking trivia book. Both add much of the humour to the show. At the end of the day, under 15s shouldn't watch this, as along with the adult themes, it gives the wrong idea about alcohol - if you drank beer like Norm does in real life, you'd be dead by the time you were 40, if not before then!
Teen, 13 years old Written byKittychan October 1, 2010

This show is vey boring.

I remember seeing this a few times, and it was very boring. Pass it if you get a chance to see it.