All parent member reviews for Chuck

Adult Written byluffy900 August 6, 2009

Chuck is a hit with teens!

This a great comedy/spy show, I love it, the only part that gets me is the sometimes crude comments made by some of the characters, and some shows show one of the main characters (Sarah) in her underwear along with another female in another episode. But other than that its a great show!
Adult Written bytackettgibson July 15, 2014

We love it, but...

My kids (12 and 13 yo) and I are watching this on netflix this summer. We are finished with three seasons and we all love it. There are some things though that parents may want to know before they get invested in the show. It is addictive! The violence is choreographed so that is not an issue for me (and I really hate violent shows and games). It is no worse than fight scenes in other crime procedurals. It is not bloody. The use of guns is debated regularly on the show. The main character refuses to use them, and the message here is a good one - when someone dies it is serious and it changes you. For a generation that plays Call of Duty etc. this is important to hear. I find the show though to be fairly sexual, sometimes uncomfortably so for me. There are scenes of casual hook ups (no nudity, but there is undressing); using sex to solicit information; a good deal of talk about sex; some stalking references. Now this is a comedy, so these things are funny and light hearted. They are also ironic or unrealistic. But they are there. The relationships also do not become marital relationships until season 2. Couples live together - they are very committed and actually good role models for positive relationships - but if you are trying to teach your kids to wait before marriage this may offer some counter messages. I just simply used it to talk to my kids about our values and how they are different and similar to those in the show. The second season in particular also presents women as sexual objects. They have little to contribute in terms of dialogue nor are their characters really developed at all. They are show from the perspective of the men in the show. Fantasy scenes include women with wind swept hair, little clothing, etc. Again they are funny... but I talked with my kids about this - that women are more than just something to look at or to be pretty for the sake of guys. This concerns me for the message it sends my son. My daughter and I have talked about what "girls" are enough that she knows it is not real world. I have become more aware though of how much harder this message is for boys to understand. Season three gets better on this issue. But for the a good part of the show, even the fight scenes with the female characters are meant for men to watch (fighting with skimpy outfits on etc.). Clearly someone was working out his fantasies here. All of that said, we do love the show. The characters are great and endearing. Things like trust and friendship are regularly talked about. The importance of family is a strong message throughout. It is fine for most families. Other parents may want to pause.
Adult Written byHeroneSilverton April 9, 2008

One of my favourite shows

I was very upset that this show hasn't come on in a while. It's one of my favourites. It is very funny, and has it's share of action and adventure. I don't know what show the other reviewers have been watching, but they have rated it much too harshly. There are sexual references, but younger kids most likely will not get them. I think it's certainly fine for 13+, it's a very funny show, and I hope it starts coming on again soon!
Parent of a 1, 3, 5, and 6 year old Written bydianagalleta April 5, 2014

Enjoyable for adults only!

A lot of sex talk and sexy dress. Too much for kids!!
Adult Written byShann January 16, 2012

Great show!

Great, funny show. Teens and adults will love it. Lots of action but no explicit violence/gore. Good, strong morals shown through Chuck and Sarah. Only thing I could critique on is the portrayal of females. While they are usually strong and able to fend for themselves, they look unrealistically hot 24/7, it gets a bit ridiculous but is a good thing to discuss and have a laugh over the absurdity if you're watching this with your teenage daughter.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byMannamedbob January 3, 2011

Great show!

I love watching this with my 11 year old. This is his favorite show.
Adult Written byj12f3m October 9, 2010

I LOVE THIS SHOW!

This show is great for tweens and teens. It a perfect combination of comedy, drama, and action. There is sexual innuendo in almost every episode, but it still remains appropriate enough for kids to watch.
Adult Written byJennyA May 8, 2010

Excellent show.

I love this show. It's my favourite show on television right now. It has the perfect mix of comedy, romance and action. My sister (who is 10) watches this show with me, it's fine but many jokes are innuendos, so she doesn't understand a lot of the jokes.
Adult Written byVirtualLife August 4, 2009

Of course there is going to be violence, the show is about a spy so whaddha expect? There also is gonna be some sex parts, but nothing bad...Not explicit either. And I haven't heard much language but I'm sure it's in there...not bad though. But this show is BY FAR my favorite show! Love it...sooo funny and I can't wait for season three!
Parent of an infant, infant, 3, and 5 year old Written byMississippiQueen January 7, 2009
Parent of a 5, 9, 11, and 14 year old Written byJamesRobertson January 4, 2009
Parent of a 12 and 12 year old Written bypmunroe December 12, 2008

The whole family loves this one!

I have 11 year old twins, a boy and a girl, who rarely agree on anything and a husband who doesn't like most kid friendly fare. Chuck is the one show that our entire family looks forward to each week. It's well written, funny, with a strong cast. We love the supporting cast as much as the leads. The violence is not extreme and usually tempered with humor. There is definitely sexual innuendo; parents be aware that it might require some discussion with your tweens but there have only been a couple of uncomfortable moments in 2 seasons. This is a great show and we hope it stays on the air for many more seasons!
Adult Written bygeo51288 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byoehde4u7f5 April 9, 2008

I can't believe it's not rated TV14 for D and S

Women take off their clothes to seduce men. Loaded with sexual references.