All member reviews for Chuck

Fun spy show is more about comedy than danger.

Adult Written byluffy900 August 6, 2009

Chuck is a hit with teens!

This a great comedy/spy show, I love it, the only part that gets me is the sometimes crude comments made by some of the characters, and some shows show one of the main characters (Sarah) in her underwear along with another female in another episode. But other than that its a great show!
Teen, 14 years old Written byRelleeStar May 17, 2011

XD

Chuck is loyal and determined with a quirky smile and a nerdy attitude. He is always funny and never fails to make me cheer him on! Action and comedy mixed together! There are plenty of bed scenes, but everyone has their clothes on and they mostly talk (and the bed scenes happen between engaged couples). Some language. But overall it's one of my favorite shows!
Adult Written bytackettgibson July 15, 2014

We love it, but...

My kids (12 and 13 yo) and I are watching this on netflix this summer. We are finished with three seasons and we all love it. There are some things though that parents may want to know before they get invested in the show. It is addictive! The violence is choreographed so that is not an issue for me (and I really hate violent shows and games). It is no worse than fight scenes in other crime procedurals. It is not bloody. The use of guns is debated regularly on the show. The main character refuses to use them, and the message here is a good one - when someone dies it is serious and it changes you. For a generation that plays Call of Duty etc. this is important to hear. I find the show though to be fairly sexual, sometimes uncomfortably so for me. There are scenes of casual hook ups (no nudity, but there is undressing); using sex to solicit information; a good deal of talk about sex; some stalking references. Now this is a comedy, so these things are funny and light hearted. They are also ironic or unrealistic. But they are there. The relationships also do not become marital relationships until season 2. Couples live together - they are very committed and actually good role models for positive relationships - but if you are trying to teach your kids to wait before marriage this may offer some counter messages. I just simply used it to talk to my kids about our values and how they are different and similar to those in the show. The second season in particular also presents women as sexual objects. They have little to contribute in terms of dialogue nor are their characters really developed at all. They are show from the perspective of the men in the show. Fantasy scenes include women with wind swept hair, little clothing, etc. Again they are funny... but I talked with my kids about this - that women are more than just something to look at or to be pretty for the sake of guys. This concerns me for the message it sends my son. My daughter and I have talked about what "girls" are enough that she knows it is not real world. I have become more aware though of how much harder this message is for boys to understand. Season three gets better on this issue. But for the a good part of the show, even the fight scenes with the female characters are meant for men to watch (fighting with skimpy outfits on etc.). Clearly someone was working out his fantasies here. All of that said, we do love the show. The characters are great and endearing. Things like trust and friendship are regularly talked about. The importance of family is a strong message throughout. It is fine for most families. Other parents may want to pause.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycatsaremyfriends August 10, 2011

Stay in the car

Chuck is brilliant and hilarious and epic. Three things that make me recommend this show to all of my friends. It's super violent and has a bit of sex, but it's morals are good and you tend to really warm-up to the main characters. Don't stop watching because Jeff and Lester are perverted. It's worth putting up with.
Kid, 10 years old March 26, 2012

Great Show

Adult Written byHeroneSilverton April 9, 2008

One of my favourite shows

I was very upset that this show hasn't come on in a while. It's one of my favourites. It is very funny, and has it's share of action and adventure. I don't know what show the other reviewers have been watching, but they have rated it much too harshly. There are sexual references, but younger kids most likely will not get them. I think it's certainly fine for 13+, it's a very funny show, and I hope it starts coming on again soon!
Parent of a 1, 3, 5, and 6 year old Written bydianagalleta April 5, 2014

Enjoyable for adults only!

A lot of sex talk and sexy dress. Too much for kids!!
Kid, 9 years old November 14, 2010

2nd best tv show

it is 2nd best tv show
Teen, 14 years old Written byzazmopepperz February 18, 2010

Funny and fun but too much for younger kids.

A really fun show, that's great to just sit back and relax to. I am really impressed by Chuck's character because he has been put into a big mess with the CIA and NSA yet he always tries to get the best for everyone. This show though does have quite a bit of sex talk and sometimes the fighting can get quite brutal. Iffy for older kids, best for tweens and up.
Teen, 15 years old Written bykitkatbarz April 30, 2009

Chuck is a Family Comedy that Contains Everything!

CHUCK is a fun-filled one hour, something that the whole family can look forward to. Monday nights remain my favorite because as boring as Monday's at school are, I know I have CHUCK to look forward to that night! And it has a little of everything- comedy, nerdiness, sci-fi, action, romance, and thus making it enjoyable for anybody, from tweens to middle-aged creatures like my mom. And i beg everyone to try CHUCK, at least, because it is on the verge of going off air! Let's get the rating up,Up,UP!
Teen, 13 years old Written byEvolute Creator August 10, 2015

Fun Show!

This show has some violence, not too much, though. People are killed, but often it is just a trick. It is mostly non-bloody, occasionally when people are shot, it shows some blood. It's mostly humor, though. There are sequences with sexual references and innuendos, plus, in one episode there is a character that uses sex as a weapon, and appears to be a nymphomaniac. As for consumerism, the main character works at a Buy More, which actually exists in the real world (I didn't think so at first), they play games like Call of Duty (I only know what that is from CSM), on an XBox. Overall, Chuck is a great show, I highly reccomend it for kids seven and up
Teen, 15 years old Written byJflores14 August 29, 2014

Exciting action show is fairly clean for teens

The show is fast paced, funny, and totally original!! Teens will love the action and romance in the show, as well as the humorous and weird moments. Content: Sex: women are shown in underwear and in compromising dance positions Violence: no blood or gore, but care chases and robberies occur(gunfire) Language: hell, damn, crap(nothing too offensive)
Teen, 13 years old Written byjpedro3190 August 11, 2014

BEST SHOW EVER!

The show is SUPER good! There is a little bit of iffy stuff and some cursing, but if you ignore; it there is no problem.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysambiddlestone May 28, 2014

Brilliant

Chuck is an absolutely brilliant, funny show about an ordinary guy who gets a computer downloaded into his head. Bad language is rare with nothing worse than b*****d or b****h. There is very slight sexual references and drinking, but the main problem is the violence. There are a lot of scenes involving guns, knives and martial arts. There is a lot of blood, and you see holes from gunshots, but nothing too graphic. Anyone will love it, and just ignore jeff and lester!
Kid, 11 years old April 25, 2014

Fantastic!

"Chuck" A.K.A Charles Bartowski is a nerd has no girlfriend and a rubbish job, but when an old friend send him a secret spy email which he opens his mind is filled with government secrets and now is the asset of the CIA. Chuck is filled with : ROMANCE, VIOLENCE, LANGUAGE (very mild) CONSUMERISM ( such as subway and different types of laptops) I rate it PG-13 and it is an excellent show.
Kid, 12 years old April 13, 2014

Pretty good

I've only seen a couple episodes of this show, and overall it's pretty darn good. But the storyline is confusing and the acting isn't spectacular. I've only seen a few, so hey- decide for yourself. It's entertaining, but even after only watching a few episodes I felt like the show was going to die out fast.
Kid, 10 years old December 28, 2013

AWESOME SHOW

I'm Ten years old and I LOVE this show. My dad used to watch this show when it aired but then I saw it on netflix and that's how I got into it. I really think it should be for kids 10 and over .
Teen, 14 years old Written bybranman894 July 6, 2013

Chuck was Good While it Lasted

Chuck's first three seasons were great. I would give the first three seasons 5 out of 5 stars. But then season 4 and 5 came out and they were really bad. The series finale was good but really the first three seasons were the best. So really you could stop after the third season but you probably won't want to considering the fact they leave you with a huge cliffhanger.
Written byAnonymous February 21, 2013

14+ Only should see this.

In Chuck Season 1 Ep. 1 He has too a P*rn Website and it Disabled a Bomb. In Chuck Season 1 Ep. 4 The S Word is herd in this Episode. ...and the sexual Innuendo isn't that bad. The Consumerism part is that they had to use Subway to pay for more Episodes of Chuck that are Broadcast on NBC. So I like this show. Chuck stays in the car. Not for long and he has a Computer inside his brain. He knows it when he's not using weapons. The Violence is not bad ether. A little bit of blood or gore goes a long way in these Episodes. I Started watching these at 19 and Stop when the Show ended when I was 23 Years Old. That's my Review.
Written byAnonymous January 29, 2012

BEST. SHOW. EVER!!!! :D

Chuck has to be my all time favourite show. I'm so sad that it's ended after only 5 seasons. It's not too violent, and the humour just makes you crack up laughing whenever you watch it. The characters are lovable and honest, and you just know they're going to get out of any sticky situation they're in. This show brought a twist to nerd culture. JEFFSTER RULES!!!