Suspects caught on tape. Too violent for kids.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMr.MovieMan123 July 25, 2011

Great for Teens

I watch this show constantly. This show is good, but too violent for kids 12 and under. The show is mainly cops arresting people for prostitution, possession of illegal drugs and/or narcotics, and domestic disturbances. I would recommend watching it with your kid the first time they see it.
Teen, 17 years old Written byToBreakFate December 4, 2010

well...

kids are gonna have to learn just how sucky this world is sooner or later. everything isn't bright rainbows and cute kitty cats. they should be old enough to depict right from wrong first, though...
Kid, 11 years old July 25, 2010

Great with exceptions

I love this show because I love justice. Now if I see someone smoking I can easily tell what they are smoking, nifty skill :) I think it will teach tweens and teens what not to do or might just do the opposite. I would tell your children that this is what you shouldn't do (i.e. smoke, domestic violence, etc.)
Teen, 16 years old Written byBrendan Conway December 5, 2010
Teen, 13 years old Written byi'mbeautiful January 12, 2016

Cops

cops they catch bad people and put them in jail and kids should watch because it teaches them that if you break the law you will be caught.
Written byAnonymous February 14, 2015

Everyone 12+ should watch this!

Audiences 11 or younger should watch with an adult.
Parent Written byGoodParenting January 7, 2012

COPPYS!

My kids love thisi show! It teachs kids how to respect others!
Kid, 12 years old November 24, 2015

Cops fine for kids

This show gives insight in toi a cops life. It Is sometimes inapporate and violent but , it Is mostly ok.it shows what kids SHOULD NOT DO!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byxgamerbrox July 8, 2015

Cops

Somewhat boring show with violence and sex. SEX sometimes suspects are shown naked (blurred out), prostitutes are shown... VIOLENCE suspects will sometimes fight back,tasers are shown being used... LANGUAGE bitch, damn, goddamn. DRUGS AND ALCOHOL sometimes crack cocaine is shown, suspects are shown under the influence... LOTS of product placement... If cops were a movie it would be rated PG-13 for sexual situations, violence, and strong drug content, iffy for 9+
Adult Written byjesusm_4162002 July 4, 2015
This is a good show but kids under 12 should not be seeing narcotics, brief nudity(even though it is edited), and some violence. Good show though. Keeps you entertained.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhug0905 March 28, 2015

My POV

I don't get Common Sense Media's POV on COPS, but it is really funny and educational as it shows you how to be a cop.
Adult Written bylanniev December 26, 2014

Stupid

The cops in the show are dumb and are unfair to the victims, that haven't done anything in some episodes. Also how it is stupid how some of the episodes they need a swat team to take down a guy with a knife -.- the most stupidest thing I have ever watched
Kid, 11 years old November 3, 2013
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn June 28, 2013

Not that good, too violent.

Suspects caught on tape aren't for tweens or younger teens. Barely an episode doesn't contain violence. Fights,hitting,stabbings,gunshots,or blood. I don't really like this show. In other words, don't waste your time.
Teen, 16 years old Written byFirst Try May 28, 2012

Good

Kid, 11 years old February 7, 2012

this is the best show ever ive been watching it since i was 8 not all episode are about nudity and violence and its really educational im a drug expert cause of this show i love cops and the camera and sound operators

Educator Written byshashabel9 June 29, 2011

i am NOT showing this to my kids until they are 17

I ONLY watch it while my kids are asleep
Teen, 13 years old Written byfangningsheng April 29, 2011

Meh

Kind of boring. The content is somewhat unpredictable. There is sometimes violence, swearing, and sexual content. off for 9 and under, iffy for 10-12, on for 13 and up.
Kid, 11 years old September 13, 2010
I love to see what happens in a cop's life. Lots of violence, sometimes people are naked, crimes relating to sex, drugs, and alcohol, and their are no good role models (except the cops, of course). Parents let your kids (12-15) watch with caution.
Kid, 10 years old September 10, 2010

whatcha gonna do when they run from you??????????

good show