All member reviews for Courage the Cowardly Dog

Cult fave 'toon plays over-the-top violence for laughs.

Teen, 15 years old Written byKali S April 25, 2011

Be careful, little eyes, what you see....

Honestly, I enjoyed the later episodes of this show. They came out with such good plots and stories that seem to touch your heart. The episode of the wishing tree just brings me to tears each time--Inspiring! Same with the episode with the ugly man who finds himself in the rain looking for a dry place to rest... Eustace treats him awfully because of his appearance, but Courage grows quite fond of him and they become good friends, they learn that even the best-looking of people can be ugly on the inside. In the show, Courage definitely shows problem-solving in most episodes, albeit the solutions may be somewhat simple, it leaves you waiting to find out what's going to happen next. The older episodes are considered weird, but most artists have creative expressions that are out of the ordinary (Tim Burton) and art is about expression and taking risks. Not everybody may like it, but I'm sure it's the feeling the writers were aiming for. I wouldn't reccommend it to young audiences, but few episodes could be safe to the little ones--Please absolutely stay away from the haunted mattress, quilting club or the fungal toe episodes -- the images could frighten children under 14.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysmoonchu12 March 6, 2011

for ages 9 and up

is a horror cartoon, not for little kids with all the gross stuff happening..
Parent of a 6 year old Written byDMed January 15, 2011

good show

Kids should be exposed to more shows like this and far less of these soft spoken cardbooard cut out programs that turn their little minds to mush
Kid, 11 years old December 24, 2010

I always hated this show. It's just weird and freaky at the same time. That's probably why its not on Cartoon Network anymore.
Teen, 13 years old Written bythe green guy December 23, 2010

okay show but kinda gross

this show even though its intended for kids kinda creeps me out it does have some gross stuff im surprised it wasnt trated tv pg but it was an okay show
Kid, 12 years old November 15, 2010

Simply Morbid! This is a kids show?

I can understand a couple violence scenes for laughs, but this is just animated horror! Limbs and heads come off, people are kidnapped, people are eaten, and the music is always so tense! I'll watch it every now and again, but it makes my stomach swirl. And I'm 12! Even when they did the episode on his parents that aired in 2002, it's especially morbid! His tongue rips off, his parents are sent to the moon, just terrible! Only for those with strong stomachs!
Kid, 8 years old September 23, 2010

This is an awesome show. I have no concerns about anything except for the violence. Courage's family are excellent role models (except for Eustace).
Parent of a 15 year old Written byMoneyprincess July 28, 2010

Not for younger Children

It is a decent show for older ages, because there is weird things that happen in the show that aren't appropriate for children. Like how Eustace treats his wife so poorly (pretty much like his slave), he always abuses Courage (by saying things like "Stupid Dog!") It isn't something you want your kids immitating. Also the violence is pretty bad, like when a characters skin peels off, or it could be considered scary like when Muriel is possessed by a demon in her matress. It isn't that good of a show.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFunnyivorybunny July 9, 2010

love it

i love it!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byKforKitty101 June 28, 2010

Ummmmm

Unlike the Grim Adventures, which was an exciting and funny horror show, this was a little too creepy and they took it too far with the scariness. But I never hated it, so its alright for 9 and up
Kid, 11 years old June 23, 2010

pretty iffy

commonsense is right about this one some episodes can be creepy for young ones but i watched it when i was 5 or 4 buts its an iffy for 9 and up
Teen, 14 years old Written byNorthernNights May 31, 2010

Its.. okay, but some monster things are scary. Like that King whoever that looked like a zombie, and that moon head thing.
Kid, 10 years old May 18, 2010

very iffy

uhhh ok..... this is pretty iffy worst eps: king ramses curse perfect and courage in the big stinkin city so i say kids 10+
Teen, 14 years old Written byNekoPocky May 11, 2010

Scary now and then for the young but....

Courage was the best, yes some of it may be a bit scary for young viewers but past the strange occurrences, Courage isn't that bad of a show. It also has some rare positive messages.
Teen, 16 years old Written byertrt May 1, 2010

Parent of a 6, 8, 10, and 12 year old Written byh4mommy April 16, 2010

Not watched at my house

Even though it's a cartoon, I still think it desensitizes kids when they see violence or negative messages. When you mix violence with humor, what is that telling the kids? There are other choices out there for cartoons that kids can watch without getting a mixed message.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRainforestGal March 13, 2010

Courage The suprizenly Brave dog!

Its ok, It just scares me a little- yes i'm a baby what's your point? Well, that episode bout that mummy guy sending plages on Courage and them until they returned that tablit thing FREAKED ME OUT. Its funny though. .
Teen, 14 years old Written byshanno15 February 25, 2010

not for wimps

this show is funny, sure it can be scary for younger kids but its not like kids arent ever going to be scary in there life anyway, theyll just have to deal with it and cope
Kid, 11 years old February 6, 2010

Awesome show!

Great show! Very creepy, but some episodes have good messages at the end.
Teen, 15 years old Written byjamu January 23, 2010

Great show!

Its kinda creepy and I wouldnt recomend it for younger kids but its pretty funny.