All member reviews for Cowboy Bebop

Teen, 16 years old Written byKavki St. Dane November 12, 2009

Brilliant - probably okay for level-headed young teens

It's brilliant in every sense, but it's not age-appropriate for little ones, and to be honest, I would think it would be rare to find one that would like it anyway - while there is a lot of good humor in it, it's also got a gritty style to it, and even when I find kids who play M rated games and whatnot, they usually go for the ones with shiny armor, high-tech computers, etc. The rating panel is on par for the most part, but there's a couple of things that got overlooked: for example, I'm fairly sure Faye drops the f-bomb once later in the series; earlier on there's one character who is shown to be a hermaphrodite (not actually sure if it's the correct terminology for the situation...) due to a mutation several years previous. All in all, I'd say it's probably okay for younger teens if they've got a good head on their shoulders - wouldn't recommend it for 12 or younger, though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLedZepFan98 April 24, 2012

Ignore the rating of TV-MA

While this show is rated TV-MA it really is pretty tame.. there is no nudity. the profanity is pretty tame but it does use the "S Word" infrequently but other then that it's mild. cigarettes are smoked and beer is drank but kid's see that everywhere. but the show is really violent and may disturb children under 10. Kids should enjoy it for it's fast paced story, it's action and its humor.
Teen, 14 years old Written byvioletflames January 19, 2012

See you space cowboy :)

Cowboy Bebop is one of the best anime I have ever seen! While it may be amazing, it may not be appropriate for anyone under the age of 12. The fight scenes can get graphic, with lots of blood, but they usually aren't that bad. Faye wears a very skimpy outfit and she uses this to her advantage. There is one episode with a man who is now part woman because of an incident. The bebop crew smoke, drink, and gamble (Other than Ed and Ein, of course!.). Many episodes have a plot centered around, or including the bloody-eye drug. The plot may also be hard to follow for younger viewers or they may complain that there is not enough action in some scenes. Other than that, I would say that kids and teens 12 and up can and should watch this! They won't be sorry!
Teen, 15 years old Written bywho3697cares May 26, 2009

Not the best anime film, and I'm not usually a fan of the genre (not counting Studio Ghibli's children appropriate films), but I'm fascinated by Cowboy Bebop's film noir references and music influences.
Teen, 13 years old Written byErenYeager52 January 7, 2015

Is it appropriate?

This is my second favorite anime. (attack on titan is my first) For starters this anime is very good I suggest you watching it. But its not very appropriate it has lots of violence and women in skimpy outfits and at one part they show a man/women in the shower. But other than that its very very good.
Teen, 17 years old Written byHorace Williams November 19, 2014

One of the best.

I love Cowboy Bebop. It's action packed, funny, and it has a good plot. I recommend it.
Teen, 17 years old Written bySeth S. March 8, 2014

Excellent, really excellent (but often brutal) show:

I would take hours to write a proper review of Cowboy Bebop. On the surface, it's just a violent, hyper-realistic cartoon. But the themes, ideas, and philosophies are what make Cowboy Bebop leagues ahead of other anime materials. 10/10
Kid, 12 years old May 7, 2013

Good Shows!

I think this show is for mature children who can control themselves. Its a fun, action-adventure in sapce that most will enjoy.
Kid, 12 years old May 3, 2012

amazing , 12 +

its nice , not very gory , has a original and epic story, highly recommended, has some good characters and music.
Kid, 11 years old April 22, 2012

Bloody but entertaining space anime!

First off: Cowboy bebop is one of the best anime's out there. Great plot, bits of comedy and awesome characters. The thing is, there are lots of graphic deaths and guns in this film as well as frequent smoking and drinking. Language is relatively mild (sh*t, a*s, d*mmit etc) and there is some nudity. Another thing - the ending is very, very violent and sad. There is a very graphic gun scene at the end, which is not for kids. Great anime though! BBFC: 15 for strong animated violence, moderate language and nudity. My rating: R for Graphic violence and deaths, language and sex references.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMangareader101 August 25, 2011

My ten year old brother loves it

This show is amazing! My brother, who is ten, loves this show and hates me when I delete any episode of the DVR. People who think that smoking and drinking are turn-offs need a life! Ive seen every episode atleast three times over.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySamurai 2.0 May 6, 2011

Beautiful classic anime.

An original Adult Swim show. I watched it at the age of 8 and was really lost. When I was 14, I rewatched it. This is quite truly a classic, but rather violent. Young kids won't understand the plot, either. Teens and up.
Kid, 12 years old April 30, 2011

Magnificent!!

This series is totally amazing!!!!!!! I would recommend anyone who loves anime to watch this series!!!
Kid, 12 years old April 28, 2011

Best Anime Ever!

I'm kind of biased towards this anime. I'm a sucker for space shows but I think this is so much more. I love all the crew Spike, Faye, Jet, and Edward. They each get alot of development except for Edward but she still got a little. The fight scenes are incredible and the soundtrack is amazing.
Kid, 11 years old December 9, 2010

This series is awesome!

I went to go watch at from the library and the whole thing was top-notch and good for kids. This series is awesome, and I recommend it for anyone who likes anime.
Teen, 17 years old Written byoctober1985 July 17, 2009

It's an excellent animated series though it can be sort of violent at times.
Teen, 15 years old Written byGamerbro June 9, 2009

A work of art by Shinchiro Watanabe

This is simply the best anime I have ever seen. The story is wonderful and subtle. The fight scenes are amazingly choreographed, and the characters are very real and relatable. Things do get pretty violent every once in a while, But it's forgivable in context(most of the time). However, children should not watch this. Not only are some scens pretty graphic, but they woukdn't understand the themes and the story. They might even shrug it off because it isn't actiony enough.