All teen and kid member reviews for CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Teen, 16 years old Written byluke3854 November 8, 2009

13+

I love this show, but for younger kids no. Really is Crime scene investigation so theres going to be drugs death ect.
Teen, 14 years old Written bytoplax23 January 3, 2010

great crime show, middle school and up

I love this show! this is definitely a top crime show. but every episode does have violence that maybe iffy for kids 11-. there can be some sexual content but is generally not that bad. this can definitely scare kids 9-. but the detectives are good role models showing crime doesnt pay.
Kid, 11 years old November 25, 2009

grusome 14 up

very good
Teen, 16 years old Written bysexytessa February 8, 2010

crime

i love this show its very entertaining and i cant change the channel and the actors are very good one day i want to do what they do!!
Kid, 11 years old July 30, 2009

Iffy

I like the show but some parts just give me the creeps.Like one episode the killer cut off the womans eyelids so she could see him kill her.Anyway it might give a younger child nightmares.
Kid, 8 years old July 1, 2015

May nightmare. Caution advised.

Verrrry violent...
Teen, 14 years old Written bymeggisme November 24, 2012

FAVORITE SHOW.

my best friend showed me this show when i was in 6th grade and i havent stopped watching it since! its been favorite show and i have seen almost every episode. i prefer the older episodes because i love the characters. me and my best friend are obsessed with the character nick stokes!
Teen, 16 years old Written bytakenforafool15 November 18, 2012

Best show on CBS!

Kid, 11 years old July 1, 2012

I love it!

This is a very good show, that I believe all children 10 & above should watch because It's about science, not sex, violence, or language, however it does have some which gives it a maybe for 10 & under in my book
Teen, 16 years old Written byelnomo57 March 24, 2012

CSI~crime scene investigation

A great show for a younge teens to watch. The show has an amazing edge to it but not in a bad way.
Kid, 11 years old March 21, 2012

Be aware!

Some scenes can be bloody and when they disect the body to find a bullet or something, you can see the insides which is kind of creepy. I srill close my eyes whenever they show those scenes. I dont really pay attention which type of CSI my parents and I usually watch, so I'm just inferring that the three shows are the same concept because I only watch one.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycandycane723 February 19, 2012

LOVE

I love this show! I've been watching since i was 6. Best show ever! 6 may be too young for some children, but i myself am a unique case in which the graphic details of this show have never bothered me.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypitatron February 18, 2012

VERY INTERESTING AND THRILLING, BUT VERY DISTURBING AT TIMES...

Ahhhh...CSI good times, good times...CSI is the type of show that does require older viewers to understand. Most kids will not understand the sexual stuff, the seintific stuff and may be disturbed by the gruesome images. The sex in this show, is never super explicit. In a episode a female character dies in a shower. She is later found dead on the bathroom floor, completely nude. But camera angles obsure everything and there is never any close ups. This type of thing may happen in other episodes too. When someone is killed, they are brought in for a autopsy and usually before they start they scan over the victum dead body. If a character is nude when they die then the camera scans over and their nude body is seen from the front. But a blurr is always covering it. There are many sexual scenes, where people are making out in their underwear. Some are more explicit than others, but no actual full nudity. Many sexual jokes and references, but the references are more common than the jokes. The swearing it very mild actaully. For a show with lots of crooks, whom you would expect to swear a lot, do not. There are plenty of uses of h*ll, d*mn, a*s, sh*t and on the occassion b*tch. Many people are shown smoking at times and drinking. Many people get drunk, which plays a role in many episodes. Drugs are probably one of the common ways someone ends up dying. Someone does not give someone his drugs and ends up killing him. It is usually not the reason the main murder happens, but many others are killed because of this. People holding joints and those strange lollipops taht are drugs things are seen a few times. People are seen high at times and act realistically the way high people act. Violence is not explicit. Flashbacks of the victim getting killed are frequently seen and usually result in a spat of blood and a dead man or woman on the ground. Most of the violence are the flashbacks and a few gun fights with cops shooting at the enemy and what not. The show is pretty graphic still. The aftermath of the murders are almost always graphic, with many close ups. Scenes of severed limbs and other body aprts are shown in a few episodes. It is never extremely gory though, the aftermath. If guts are removed, we never see the guts because they are usually in a bag or offscreen. The autospy scenes can be pretty gross too. We often see close ups of brains and other parts of the body. Many scenes in this show are gruesome and disturbing. There are positive messages because it shows that the life in crime will always result poorly. This is because they always get caught and get sent to jail and have a horrible life from there on. Overall this show is very interesting and enjoyable. This is not suitible for kids 13 and below, not just because of the disturbing images, but because of how they will not understand some of the scientific words (I know I did not when I was 12). So know know your child and see if he or she is ready for this great show, and will understand the concept.
Teen, 15 years old Written byslasher23 November 1, 2011

Crime show

violence in the show none disturbing or graphic
Kid, 8 years old June 30, 2011

iffy man

5 to9 not age appropriate dvds are rated 15 and over
Teen, 14 years old Written bystarbucks101 March 4, 2011

Love!

I have watched it since I was 10. Let me know whats out there in the world today.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySoftballgirl05 February 3, 2011
Teen, 14 years old Written byBallet_Dance January 30, 2011

Not the best for tweens and young teens

I personaly love this show since I am very much into anything involving local law enforcment and forensic scientists. I personaly have never been effected by dead bodies or gory scenes. I started watching CSI when I was 11. Most kids and teens however might be frightened or become uncomfortable watching some of the scenes. There are also some issues with language that parents might not approve of. Over all a lot of older teens and adults might enjoy this show but much younger than that and it might not be the best pick.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMissMoonie223 January 26, 2011

Great show

Great show. Gruesome in every episode, but unless you're absolutely squeamish, it should be ok. Like House, Grissom has some personality issues. He gets threatened to get kicked off of many cases and does get kicked off of several. But, hey, no one is perfect. There are frequent sex-orientated crimes and drug-orientated crimes, but flip on the news, and you'll be looking at a less interesting, more depressing version of how people die.
Kid, 10 years old October 30, 2010