All member reviews for CSI: NY

Mature, captivating forensic whodunit.

Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

This show is the other two csi shows without the actors...

ITs exactly like the other two cept the actors seem like wooden dolls. No personilty what so ever. This is by far the worst of the csi: shows... It makes that evidence show look profeshinal. The content is just how CSM said it...
Teen, 14 years old Written byscarrymoviefan April 9, 2008

i love it

hi my hole faimly loves it i do also im a csi so dont put the show down
Kid, 12 years old August 11, 2011

Really gory, some sexual content, alcohol, and drugs.

So I'll start with this: I'm a mature 12 year old. I started watching this series a few days ago- and I'm addicted. This TV show is great, but there are many things that parents should be concerned about: Violence- practically every episode is violent, gory, and graphic. Every episode shows a corpse. Often times, the corpses are not very kind to the stomach. I've seen bloody corpses, corpses with twisted bodies, corpses squashed to death and more. Sex- Many suspects and victims have weird sexual fetishes. Often times, sex scenes are pictured. There are some sexual references too. Language- the words a** and b**ch and more are often spoken, but the f-bomb or s-bomb hasn't been dropped. Drinking, drugs, and smoking- There is smoking, drugs, and alcohol shown/mentioned in many of the episodes. There are positive messages and good role models- detectives try hard to catch the people who commit crimes, and some characters are nice people who do good stuff. The main positive message is that people who do bad things should be punished, and justice should come to those who are victimized by them. So overall, the main problems are the sexual content, the graphic images, and the drugs and drinking. This is an awesome show with good messages, and I definitely recommend it to those who can handle the inappropriate content I previously mentioned.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp April 4, 2011

Amazing, but iffy.

I have not seen very many episodes, just a couple. All that I have seen were amazing and captivating. Violence is graphic, but not over-the-top, language is fairly strong for TV. B***h, d*mn, h*ll, a**(**le), b***ard etc... sexual content is mild.

Must See

Well this show caught my eye the very first time I saw it. This show is very good, one moment you think you know the killer but then a newpeice of evidence pops in and it gets turned around. But there is a lot of vileonce. Usually just FBI agents shooting someone or the killer stabbing a person, but sometimes it shows a lot of blood and if you are a person who doesn't like blood then this probably isn't for you. Well the languauge isn't really that bad mostly just h***, a**, and B****. Well I would recommened this to anyone 10 and older.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykitty47 June 4, 2015

Love this show!

Parent Written byfirstavenger11 February 12, 2012

CSI new york

Kid, 11 years old January 5, 2012

Amazing if gruesome

This show is absolutely fantastic the characters are amazing and you care about them. Graphic content is frequent but I have watched lots of episodes and nothing horrifying that I had nightmares about. I started watching about three to four months ago and the suspects act like they really would jittery upset and every episode has a beautiful twist that changes the whole plot. The suspects are always different some are stone cold and almost professional. The others feel terrible about what they did but sometimes they think of their families and do terrible things. The characters are positive role models and will do anything to help a family.
Kid, 8 years old July 6, 2011

good show

goood show i can not watch it any more
Parent of a 11, 13, 16, and 19 year old Written byWesnocs February 5, 2011

Not Good Television! Too Graphic!

Another crime show that centers around strange murders. Too much sex, too much gruesomeness. Sorry, no one in our family watches this content, it's too graphic. From reviewing a few episodes though, I do note that the CSI are good actors and carry themselves well. I love the use of science to prove criminal acts, I just wish there was a lot less blood, sex and gore images.
Kid, 11 years old February 1, 2011

I am 11 and I've been watching this since I was 9!! It's fine for me and it's fine for my parents, but I guess it depends on how strict your parents are. There is occasional swearing, but never the f-bomb or anything horrible. As for sex, there is a lot of cases that have to deal with it, in fact I just watched one last night and there were club scenes with strippers, and in another one 2 of the main characters are shown having sex (nothing shown). Drinking/drugs aren't that bad but there are clubs shown with lots of alchohol/drug dealers but not horrible. Overall, the message is good, though. Basically telling tweens and teens not to do things against the law, and if you do, you WILL get caught!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMissMoonie223 January 26, 2011

I "Heart" NY (CSI NY)

Great show, I've loved Gary Sinise since Forrest Gump (great movie) and not nearly as gruesome as CSI:Crime Scene Investigation (the original one set in Vegas) Gary Sinise's character, Mac Taylor, is a pretty swell role model. In one episode where Adam watches a girl get murdered and hacks a computer in order to help find her killer (whom they find regardlessly) Mac gives Adam a lecture and a three day suspension.
Kid, 10 years old November 12, 2010

Great! I love it!

Awsome! The only CSI i dont watch is CSI Miami. Oh and its rated TV-14 not TV-PG. some bloody corpses and disturbing content but not as violent as CSI Crime Scene Investigation
Teen, 15 years old Written bylminroe23 May 16, 2010

I love the cast. They are great role modles.
Teen, 17 years old Written byMachete March 14, 2010

love it educational must see for the teens everything they see is in a pg13 movie
Teen, 14 years old Written byKayKayD September 20, 2009

Great For Older Teens and Adults

CSI NY is a realistic depiction of crimes committed and those committed to catching the criminals. It is violent. There are shoot-outs, bloody-gorey (EXTREMELY) crime scenes, drug use, alcohol misuse, buying of illegal drugs and weaponry, and strange sexual scenes, etc. However disturbing that may be, it's all about stopping it from happening. The role models are cops trying to stop the crime happening in New York City by all means, being good role models and giving a positive message at the same time. This series is an emotional rollercoaster; it contains heartbreak, love and happiness, anger, and an overall sense of strength. Great for people who will understand it. I do, but most kids younger than me won't, and will only be scared by it. My advice; wait until your kids are a bit older before you let them watch it.
Kid, 11 years old August 12, 2009

I LOVE this show sooooo much. It depends on the maturity of your kid if they can watch it or not, so know your kid.
Teen, 13 years old Written byx3panda June 23, 2009

GREAT SHOW

I love this show. I am 13 years old, but I have been watching the show since it came out in .. 2004? It is one of my favorite shows and some things may not be "age appropiate" for me but I still watch it and fully understand it. I think its great and if your mature enough you should be able to watch it at ages 11+.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygenaburchette November 21, 2008