All member reviews for Dance Moms

Teen, 16 years old Written byBtheDancer. July 13, 2011

Awesome show!!!! Looking forward to more!

The fact that people are saying that Abby Lee is 'tearing down a child’s self-esteem' is absurd. Abby Lee has a point, I am a competitive dancer of 13 years and I would much rather be yelled at by my dance instructor than a complete stranger. It is not like there being forced to stay there. It's their choice! Sure, she is a little harsh, but we have only seen an hour into their 'dance lives' who knows maybe there’s a sweet, nice side to Abby. Let’s face it, her harsh way of teaching, gets them places and there great dancers! On the T.V show as a whole, I find it is for entertainment only, there is no ‘learning’ from it. The bickering between parents and Abby Lee is very amusing too watch. The show is just like Toddlers in Tiaras, without all the girls being bratty and expecting everything to magically appear in front of them. There are some sexual moves and costumes but just about every dance studio has them though. I find the show very entertaining and hope it becomes as big as Toddlers and tiaras without all the negative things that come along with it. Please do not cancel this show just because some overbearing people think that everything in this world ruins there children’s' self-esteem. "Oh no! I just was yelled at because I did something wrong. I’m crushed. I’m quitting dance forever." Pah-leese. Its life. You can’t protect your child from these things forever and when/if you do. They'll be shocked to soon find out...that’s reality.
Teen, 13 years old Written byqueenofrandom4ever August 13, 2011

Very true to life, and entertaining, but the messages are off at times.

This show is very funny at times but this is not an exaggeration of the dance competition world. I used to be on a competition team and believe me, it is just as cutthroat between the moms and dancers in real life, if not more, than on this show. It is a very entertaining show though, but parents need to know that it is truly a reality show.
Kid, 12 years old July 22, 2012

best show ever

i am a dancer so by watching this show it shows me that in order to pursue my dream i have to work really hard! i can really relate to the show (brooke manly) amazing show if you are a dancer...a bit to much swearing
Kid, 12 years old June 21, 2012

BEST/CRAYEST SHOW EVER

ME AND BFF'S LOVE THIS IT IS HELPING ME WHAT DO MORE SINCE I LOVE 2 DANCE
Kid, 11 years old May 14, 2012

Best Show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best show ever!!!!!!!! once u start watching it, u cant stop! it makes u want to do dance, and compete! The dancers r very talented!
Teen, 13 years old Written byDMfanCassy August 30, 2011

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!! but......

I think this is a really great show! It has actully inspiraed me to open a dance studio when I grow up! but Abby is verrryyy strong willed and about 40% of the time rude or mean.... Some of the clothing she has the girls wear for the dances could be covered alittle bit more, but nothing that I would rant over. Sometimes the Moms will use bad language, but only when they are realllly angry with someone. Sometimes people on the show (Cathy) will try sooo hard to show others that she's the "real deal" and she can act like a "goodie two shoes" and I believe that Cathy needs to take her daughter (Vivian) out of dance, she doesn't like it very much, and both of them would probably be happier if she did something else! anyway.... me and two of my friends ABSOLUTLY love the show! the Drama.... the Costums, the Makeup, the Lights!!!! it's a good show!!!!
Kid, 12 years old July 13, 2011

WOW

Wow!!! These moms are nuts! This show is great. Id give ot ten or older because of the way the dannlce teacher treats her students it wouldnt be innapropriate for kids under 10 just for interest level. In the pilot episode one mom gets into a fight with abby the dance teacher and abby calls the police tthe fighht starts when a student isnt wearing a leoterd. Two pardents drink at a hotel bar to relieve stress before competition but shown briefly overall its a great show i would highly reccomend it i have a new favorite show!
Teen, 14 years old Written bydirectioner23 August 3, 2012

Very intresting look into kids competitive dance world.

Teen, 14 years old Written byBooks rule July 25, 2012

I love this show and i'm not a dancer!

This show is so entertaining. Some of the moms and dancers can be role models to some extent. But this show is mostly for entertaining purposes.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydancer99 April 1, 2012

Awesome Show!

This is one of my favorite shows. It isn't abusive first of it's not like she's hitting them or beating them up or anyhting like that. She does yell at them but she is just trying to make them better dancers. The moms do swear and argue a lot but most of it is bleeped out. There is also drinking on the show. Which is why I don't think anybody under the age of 10 should watch it. Plus there was an episode where the moms brought in a lap dancer but none of the girls saw it. I really do like this show though some of the moms are good role models and I love seeing hte new dances every week. This is really a show you should watch before you let your kids see it though.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybookcupcake April 1, 2012

TUES DAYS TUNE IN

The girls in this show are awesome role models and inspiring characters even with the drama they keep a level head and are always good. The moms do drink but most kids ages 10 and up understand the possible consequences and know what alchohol is. The language can be a problem but smart kids won't pick up too much and start saying the negative language. I tune in every tuesday and me and my bffs talk about it the following wednesday we love the show and find it funny, dramatic, and inspiring.
Kid, 11 years old March 28, 2012

I love it!

I don't know why some people get so fed up about this! Its obviously just for entertainment! I bet you all those moms would be gone by now if she actually did that. And even if she does, she makes those kids amazing dancers anyhow and i bet you a strict teacher definitely teaches kids better and more than a nice, easygoing, its "OK" teacher. I understand where some people would be coming from, but for me, i think it is plain and simple, entertainment
Kid, 11 years old August 25, 2011

Appropriate! :-)

Dance Moms is a great show. Everybody thinks Abby Lee is way to harsh. Do you know what? I agree, but look where it has gotten these kids. They either win first place or second place in competitions, they are even on a T.V show on a popular channel!! This discipline is making these kids go somewhere!! As someone said before, it's their choice if they want to leave or stay!
Kid, 10 years old August 13, 2011

great show

Positive messages include kids learning to dance, even tho sometimes they dont want too and they get pulled thorugh stressful times, they keep going, which fits into postive messages and good role models. Violence bc kids dont want to dance and there teacher yells at them, i feel bad for those cute girls! <3! Sexy Stuff: Girls do very sexy stuff in episode 2, where they are wearing bikinis, and do very sexy moves. Languge: Moms yell at dance coach abby " *hit dam* and the like are normally bleeped. There is a very strong message of Consermiruism here, for abby lee dance co in pittsburg pa. in one episode moms drink wine and feel better with there stress
Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2011

Love the show!

This show is great I think the only thing that is bad is the bad language and the drinking.
Kid, 12 years old March 1, 2015

Completely True

The way that these parents react to Abby Lee (dance instructor) and her dance methods and attitude is exactly how most parents would act in this situation.
Kid, 12 years old January 19, 2015

The kids are nice...parents not so much

This show is entertaining because it is about girls who dance and want to become professional dancers. The only problem is the moms and the coach on the show are very mean to each other and sometimes the kids.
Kid, 12 years old November 7, 2014

Great show

Lots of arguing. Lots of cussing (bleeped). Dance teacher insults and yells at kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byButlorkitty05 August 23, 2014

Meh

Alright I will give you a honest opinion. I don't like it If you want to watch a show about materialism girls be my guest. If you are are sensetive DO NOT WATCH. Tons of swearing every second. Younger tween I repeat tween kids wear revealing costumes. I would say the only plus up is the dancing. Don't bother with this show watch Toddlers and Tiara's instead.
Kid, 12 years old August 8, 2014

Dance Moms

This show has some frequent swearing and frequent arguments (sometimes physical). The dance teacher screams at the kids which makes the parents worse.