All member reviews for Dance Moms

Arguing and drama in kids' competitive dance world.

Kid, 12 years old July 3, 2013

Good show, but...

This is a great show, very entertaining, but there is a lot of language in it. In almost every episode, there is a scene with the mother's swearing. They also drink sometimes on the show. Some of the girls costumes are inappropriate, but overall the costumes are not that bad.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySweetmeagan23 January 4, 2013

My fave show; does have some flaws

This show has good rolemodels and bad rolemodels. The good rolemodels are the kids, who have a strong drive. The bad mothers are the bad rolemodels, who are always drinking and arguing in the parents viewing room. The dance teacher, Abby Lee Miller, often makes the girls wear skimpy costumes, and uses words like sexy and burlesque. There is a lot of foul language in the fights between everyone, but they are usually bleeped out. The positive message in this show is to practice and you will get better at stuff, as you can see the girls are constantly getting better at dancing. This is my all time favorite show and I started watching it when I was 9, probably not the best idea, but it is a really good show and thats why I reccommend it to people that don't have a favorite show.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDramaGal9090 January 1, 2013

Fascinating show, but be careful!

Dance Moms is a really interesting show following the lives of young dancers and their mothers. Whether or not this show is realistic, it's very fun to watch. The dancing is great and some might even say the drama is what makes it exciting, but its got some iffy stuff, like the mom's language. Most kids will be fine with it, but you might want to see it for yourself before letting your kids watch it.
Kid, 11 years old October 27, 2012

What to know about dance moms

You should know in one episode the girls did a scary and bloody routine called "the last text" and I saw it and it was creppy! Plus also Abby Lee is pushing the girls and making them cry. Think before you watch
Teen, 15 years old Written byjm97 October 14, 2012

NOT worth your precious time.

The only reason I watched this show in the first place was because I am a competitive dancer myself. I thought it might be interesting to see how another studio operates. What I saw horrified me. And I can honestly say that it is completely unrealistic. In every studio I have been, the mothers don't just hang around at the studio for hours on end. They go to WORK. Or they tend to their other children. For reasons I can't explain I stuck with this series for two seasons. At the end of the second season, I came to my senses and stopped watching. This series is complete garbage, and NOT worth your time. If you want to watch quality television, watch Modern Family of Pretty Little Liars.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMaruko-chan-15 October 3, 2012

Horrible!

I've the show a few times and I have say, How stupid! What kind of Mom forces her kids to dress and dance in something so disgusting?! Honestly, don't these freaks realize kids have their own dreams and that they should do what they want to do?! Why do stupid people get all the attention?!
Teen, 14 years old Written bydirectioner23 August 3, 2012

Very intresting look into kids competitive dance world.

Teen, 14 years old Written byBooks rule July 25, 2012

I love this show and i'm not a dancer!

This show is so entertaining. Some of the moms and dancers can be role models to some extent. But this show is mostly for entertaining purposes.
Kid, 12 years old July 22, 2012

best show ever

i am a dancer so by watching this show it shows me that in order to pursue my dream i have to work really hard! i can really relate to the show (brooke manly) amazing show if you are a dancer...a bit to much swearing
Teen, 13 years old Written byandasif July 3, 2012

A funny show of sort and stuff

I really like this show. Its really fun. Ya i guess that Abby person is really mean but it makes a really funny show. But honestly, i wouldnt want any of these moms as my moms. And all the kids look anerixic (to skinny.) I know all the kids are jumping around all the time but still. Overall i really like the show.
Kid, 12 years old June 21, 2012

BEST/CRAYEST SHOW EVER

ME AND BFF'S LOVE THIS IT IS HELPING ME WHAT DO MORE SINCE I LOVE 2 DANCE
Kid, 11 years old May 14, 2012

Best Show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best show ever!!!!!!!! once u start watching it, u cant stop! it makes u want to do dance, and compete! The dancers r very talented!
Teen, 13 years old Written bydancer99 April 1, 2012

Awesome Show!

This is one of my favorite shows. It isn't abusive first of it's not like she's hitting them or beating them up or anyhting like that. She does yell at them but she is just trying to make them better dancers. The moms do swear and argue a lot but most of it is bleeped out. There is also drinking on the show. Which is why I don't think anybody under the age of 10 should watch it. Plus there was an episode where the moms brought in a lap dancer but none of the girls saw it. I really do like this show though some of the moms are good role models and I love seeing hte new dances every week. This is really a show you should watch before you let your kids see it though.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybookcupcake April 1, 2012

TUES DAYS TUNE IN

The girls in this show are awesome role models and inspiring characters even with the drama they keep a level head and are always good. The moms do drink but most kids ages 10 and up understand the possible consequences and know what alchohol is. The language can be a problem but smart kids won't pick up too much and start saying the negative language. I tune in every tuesday and me and my bffs talk about it the following wednesday we love the show and find it funny, dramatic, and inspiring.
Kid, 11 years old March 28, 2012

I love it!

I don't know why some people get so fed up about this! Its obviously just for entertainment! I bet you all those moms would be gone by now if she actually did that. And even if she does, she makes those kids amazing dancers anyhow and i bet you a strict teacher definitely teaches kids better and more than a nice, easygoing, its "OK" teacher. I understand where some people would be coming from, but for me, i think it is plain and simple, entertainment
Kid, 10 years old March 25, 2012

its fine!!!

listen im ten i love this show and they may use some language but it gets bleeped this show is awsome thise better than jersey shore which some parents let thier 7yr olds watch
Kid, 12 years old March 16, 2012

It's not all real.

Being a competitive dancer from the Pittsburgh area, most of this stuff on the show is STAGED. Come on, it's a reality show! Abby does not actually have a pryamid, ( look it up) and she really ins't that mean to mothers and the dancers. Its all fake!
Kid, 11 years old March 8, 2012

Hilarious!

This is probably one of the funniest shows I've seen to date, with just enough drama to make it interesting. I personally LOVE reality TV, and this is a great example. I find the mothers' obsessions very funny, despite what critics of this show may say. OF COUSE Abby (the dance instructor) is mean. Do you really think that they're going to film the sweetest, most encouraging dance teacher ever. No! This is an awesome show if you find humor in crazy mothers arguing. Which I, personally, do.
Teen, 14 years old Written byGopherit March 4, 2012

I Enjoy It

This show has gotten way too much hate. Yes, there's a few drinks here and there, and I'll admit the swears could be censored a little more. However, it's reality TV. If you're a parent who drinks alcohol or occasionally slips some curses, your child is basically getting the same exposure while watching this TV show. (along with many others) Discussing with your child what reality TV really is can help ensure your child isn't getting the wrong idea from Dance Moms. Remember, most of this show is staged somewhat. On the other hand, it's very entertaining to watch the girls perform. They are all extremely talented & I enjoy watching them grow as dancers. Many people believe Abby Lee is too harsh, but she's not too bad. In all sports, (in this case a competitive art form, we'll call it) you have a coach. In order to be successful, that coach can't baby you and say, "oh you're trying your best! The judges won't care if your toes aren't pointed." That doesn't create stars. You need to be tough.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypandasrule208 February 22, 2012

Love Dance Moms!

This is a really good show! I love this show! I am a dancer and i love this is show! I feel like it has a good message because all of the girls that work for Abby love to dance and that is what they want to do! They moms are crazy but they bleep out some of the words that they say! Some people say that Abby is crazy and mean but she really isn't. She trains stars and she wants them to be who they really are and use their skills.