All member reviews for Dance Moms

Arguing and drama in kids' competitive dance world.

Kid, 12 years old September 14, 2013

NOT REAL DANCING

I am a dancer. This is not real dancing. They look stupid. Abby Lee bullies chidren. HOWEVER it is a GUILTY PLEASURE show. Most of it goes over heads. But they cuss
Teen, 14 years old Written byLifeOfADancer September 1, 2013

Dancing is supposed to be fun!!!

I am a dancer myself and when I decided I wanted to take dance classes I decided to do it for fun. Yes, I've danced in local shows. The feast in my village, the fair in the city next to mine, my dance Schools show in a really big Theater... stuff like that. I also did a few competitions...But I never thougt about quitting simply because I don't dance because I want to win or I want to be the best... I do it because it's what I love. I have FUN doing it. The girls on Dance Moms don't look like it still is what they love. I think when the stated it was fun but their moms got waaaaay to competive and now it's only about winning. My dance teacher is really nice. Yes, she does give constructive criticism but she always tries to say it in a nice way. Not like Abby Lee does on the show. The girls are crying because of her. She screams and seems to be really mean. I gotta say the show doesn't show what dance means to me. Freedom. Fun. It feels like flying. When they dance, it sometimes Looks like flying but it doesn't look free or funny. When you look behind the smiles that they wear on stage it shows how crazy (in a bad way) this show is.
Kid, 12 years old August 25, 2013

Fab show!!!

Great show, but they swear a LOT. I am a dedicated fan, I watch it every week and I think they have started swearing less. The moms also sometimes go to bars and stuff.
Kid, 10 years old August 24, 2013

Matthew's Dance Moms TV Show Review

The Only Thing That Might have your kids going bad is the language, most episodes the moms fight and some language includes f**k, c**p, d*m, and that's about it. the show is good but not the best. I'm 10.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydancer4life11 August 1, 2013

Dance Moms - Here for the Dance, Not the Drama!

I love this show for one - the girls. I fast forward though the drama to see the girls dance. Beijg a competitive dancer myself, I love how they show how much hard work it takes to dance. These girls are all amaing, talented dancers that have helped me personally improve. As for the drama, much of it is edited. Not STAGED, not SCRIPTED, edited. I met the girls, and their moms, so this is all verified information from them. They film 40 hours a week and cut it into 1 hour. That means they can cut a part of a fight from one situation and put it into another. Also, they cut out Abby being nice and kind to the girls, congratulating them and such. The girls verified this. If you can't get through the drama, which does unloved quite a few "bleeped-out" swear words and your a dancer. you will get hooked!
Teen, 15 years old Written bylpbreview July 31, 2013

Kids Love It, Parents Hate It

Dance Moms is an overall great show. Kids all over seem to love it, but many parents do not like it. The dance teacher Abby can often be rude to the parents and scream at and discourage the children. She makes the children cry quite often. There is occasional violence just between adults never between the children. The adults fight over who gets to dance, their child not being treated fairly, and loosing. The language is pretty bad and it is beeped out but it is still pretty obvious what the moms are saying. There is occasional talk about what dancing at the Abby Lee Dance Company costs and it suggests that it is very expensive as they travel all over the country on the weekends. You often see the moms at bars having drinks and gossiping but that is as far that goes. I would personally recommend this show to anyone ages 11 and up as the dancing on this show is outstanding.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAldcuniicorns July 27, 2013

Dancemoms!

This show is about a dance team traveling around the US to compete. There is a lot of drama, and the moms in the show curse every time. Not a show for little kids. For 12 and up.
Kid, 11 years old July 14, 2013

OK for 11 and up?... maybe

I love this show and I think it has nothing TOO innapropiate. but there are some minor launguage and sometimes drinking. My mom HATES this show but hte lets me watch it because nothing is too extreme.
Kid, 12 years old July 3, 2013

Good show, but...

This is a great show, very entertaining, but there is a lot of language in it. In almost every episode, there is a scene with the mother's swearing. They also drink sometimes on the show. Some of the girls costumes are inappropriate, but overall the costumes are not that bad.
Teen, 16 years old Written bydancemoms2 June 28, 2013

the best!

it's a good show but a little competitive. abby lee miller is a little pushy but thats her job. the girls cry sometimes and the moms swear and fight. they also go to bars on compitions, but they don't show it a lot.
Kid, 11 years old June 27, 2013

Great show

I love this show! It is staged though, like all reality shows.
Kid, 12 years old June 24, 2013

Best show ever

I love this show so much. Though Abby Lee is a tough coach, she has made those girl into phenomenal dancers. I watch this show a lot
Kid, 12 years old June 20, 2013

DM

Teen, 14 years old Written byHilbilr June 18, 2013

I give Dance Moms a thumbs up!

This is a great tv show show for mature tweens from age 11 to maybe 13 or 14. I love this show so much!! Even though some episodes are more strong in language and drinking, it doesn't give kids of these ages a wrong message and there is no violence and in some cases they are sending a good message through some of there dances which is wonderful and I enjoy watching that very much.
Kid, 12 years old June 17, 2013

Awesome show!

I love Dance Moms! It is entertaining and often funny, but sometimes gets a little over the top. Sometimes, it really seems like things are completely set-up. The moms sometimes get unrealistically out of control, or something happens at a competition that doesn't seem possible. I often feel bad for the girls on the show, too, since they're my age. Overall, though, I love Dance Moms, and I would recommend it!
Kid, 11 years old March 5, 2013

Good to the Bad

Dance moms is a really goo d sho wi think it should be for evryone if they just cut out some of the cursing it will be fine i like all of the dancers in the episodes ecept for sophia i fill that she took something away from the other girls but then again they did walk out on abby
Kid, 10 years old January 19, 2013

Ok..

The dance moms are insane but I love this show. Chloe is my favorite. If you like dancing or toddlers and tiaras than watch this show. Be careful though, Kelly puts up the finger and says the f word. The other moms swear alot, too.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySweetmeagan23 January 4, 2013

My fave show; does have some flaws

This show has good rolemodels and bad rolemodels. The good rolemodels are the kids, who have a strong drive. The bad mothers are the bad rolemodels, who are always drinking and arguing in the parents viewing room. The dance teacher, Abby Lee Miller, often makes the girls wear skimpy costumes, and uses words like sexy and burlesque. There is a lot of foul language in the fights between everyone, but they are usually bleeped out. The positive message in this show is to practice and you will get better at stuff, as you can see the girls are constantly getting better at dancing. This is my all time favorite show and I started watching it when I was 9, probably not the best idea, but it is a really good show and thats why I reccommend it to people that don't have a favorite show.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDramaGal9090 January 1, 2013

Fascinating show, but be careful!

Dance Moms is a really interesting show following the lives of young dancers and their mothers. Whether or not this show is realistic, it's very fun to watch. The dancing is great and some might even say the drama is what makes it exciting, but its got some iffy stuff, like the mom's language. Most kids will be fine with it, but you might want to see it for yourself before letting your kids watch it.
Written byAnonymous December 21, 2012

Not for young kids

On one hand it shows younger girls striving to be the best they can be. On the other hand, one episode featured the girls dressed as Vegas Show Girls. There is a quite a bit of yelling & swearing on the show. The moms also have been shown drinking.