All member reviews for Dancing with the Stars

High-kicking series has cross-generational appeal.

Teen, 14 years old Written bymambobird March 29, 2011
very good and interesting show, as a balroom dancer myself i find some of the contestants not so good, but none the less a good show
Kid, 11 years old March 21, 2011

Been watching since I was EIGHT!!!

They always bleep out bad words and I don't find it an issue. And if the outfits were too skimpy, then would they really allow them on tv? I love the show and I'm watching the 2011 season premiere right now, the judges are really alive and Bruno is absolutely hilarious. Anyone who likes dancing (no matter the age) will love DWTS!!!
Adult Written bybasbel October 10, 2011

This show: The best!

This is the best show in a while. it is cute. I think that if you are a dancer, or you like dancing then you will like this show. I suggest this show as a family show. I hope you like my review
Kid, 12 years old November 24, 2010

GO JENNIFER!

This is an intresting show. It is the only reality show i watch. From last night's finale was the only full episode i watched. And best of all, the first one i saw fully, and Jennifer Grey won!!! I love Jennifer Grey. I like this show. But everyone is entitled to thier opinion.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 August 26, 2012

dancing with the stars

Families can talk about the stereotypes that exist about dancers. Were the dancers in this show what you expected to see? Did any of them surprise you? What are the dangers of making assumptions about groups of people? Kids: What does it feel like to be criticized? What is the difference between constructive criticism and negative criticism? How does hearing a critique encourage you to improve? In what ways are the participants in this show good role models? Do they ever express that they’re afraid of any aspect of the competition? How can fear be a motivator? Does it seem to motivate their efforts?
Teen, 13 years old Written byPrincessNoriBori March 11, 2011

Fun and Amazing to Watch!

This show is great! It's really cool to watch the celebrities improve every week, so that by the finals it's just unreal what they can do, and on the results shows they get some really good performers and the pro dancers do some MIND-BLOWING routines! I totally love this show!
Kid, 12 years old July 20, 2010

Great for the Whole Family

I'm not a ballroom dancer, but I am highly entertained by this show. While watching the season progress, a terrible, stiff, football player turns into a moving, flexible graceful dancer. There is some bad language, and the commercials inbetween might be a little inappropriate, but it's a great show. There are funny jokes and segments, and I find it funny watching people try to dance who just can't. It's a great family program.
Kid, 12 years old March 27, 2010

The Show Rocks!!

I love this show! I've watched it ever since it premiered! I enjoy the songs and the outfits a lot. The show is amazing, 2 thumbs up!
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

Great. Just Greeeat.

All ages will love this show. With some sassiness from the judges, and some humor, it is approved by me, for all audiences. it is also cool to watch big football players, or olympic swimmers attempting to win the dancing title. It gives kids a sense with dancing. In my room when no one is watching, I bust moves like these stars. The only thing to watch out for is though, the female dancers wear revealing clothes showing there stomachs, neck,and legs. Watch this show. It is great. Oh... Next week is the FINALS!! Tune in!!!!!1
Adult Written byCarol D. September 30, 2016

Poor taste costumes for family

This show used to be about stars improving their dancing. Now it seems to be about sex and showing bare skin and underware. Many costumes are not suitable for children
Kid, 10 years old September 26, 2016

must be best show ever

I am only 10 but I think this show is amazing, it is the best. Derek is my favorite dancer and my favorite Judge in Julianne (Derek's sister) in awesome. Derek has won 8 seasons and Julianne has won 3 I am up to season 23 vote for Derek PLEASE
Kid, 11 years old May 24, 2015

Great for kids who really understand

DWTS is great! It's great for kids and Tweens. Language is its usual with "a--" and "damn" and "sexy". The normal rate is "okay". Of course the outfits CAN be provocative. Not all but it's usually the women's outfits. The only sexual thing about the boys is when they are shirtless. Nothing much! Everything is great, just make sure your younger ones are prepared for what they are about to see or hear. Iffy for kids 10+
Parent of a 11 year old Written byjesus_islove April 29, 2015

not suitable for kids

This show is a perfect example of how low networks will go to get ratings. The women and men here for the most part wear very little clothes, and dance seductively with each other. But what can we expect? When ABC its owned by Dysney. I just saw a couple strip down to just their underwear, and then the guy probably on cue tries to cover up. If any responsible parent watching this garbage doesn't cringe when this overhyped spectacle of a show its on, then something is wrong with you.
Kid, 12 years old July 3, 2013

Okay show.....

This show is good overall. There is a lot of product placement, because of sponsors. Some of the girl's costumes are inappropriate and show a lot of skin.
Teen, 17 years old Written byRosebud95 April 2, 2013

I love dance, so it's pretty cool :)

I watched some videos on YouTube, and from them I can say, it's a nice show. Sex: Women sometimes wear skimpy outfits, while guys bare their chests, and some dances can get quite sexy (tango) and sensuel (rumba).
Teen, 13 years old Written byGuildgirl June 22, 2012

Wonderful for all ages!

I've technically never seen a full season (working through 14 on the website), but I've seen individual dances via Youtube. This show is splendid for viewers of all ages! Parents will see actors from the eighties and back, such as Jennifer Grey, and kids will see Disney Channel stars and some singers that they may know of. Though I don't approve of most of the outfits and some of the moves for a rumba, I still love to watch the shows. Kids might like voting (with their parent's permission and help) for their favorite dancers.
Adult Written byKAL57 February 17, 2012

Revealing/seductive outfits

The outfits that the women wear are sometimes very revealing and seductive. I love watching ballroom dancing, but not to keen on how the women are wearing barely nothing at times when the men are more covered (except for a chest or two exposed), so I choose to not watch it. Ballroom dancing to me is beautiful classy outfits making the woman look beautiful and not as a seductive object. This is how I've always seen it until this show.
Parent Written byMommaoftwoza January 2, 2012

More than what's on the surface

I have to say that I think watching people push themselves outside their comfort zone and transform each season is really great. Every season there is someone that I might not really care for at the start and at some point during the season they win me over because of their dedication, great attitude, something that requires that I get to know them - via the show -beyond what their famous persona was before hand. I love the show and my 11 year old daughter who is a dancer loves it as well. Every season we talk about how someone overcame some personal strife and find many ways that people are alike, famous our not. It's the one show that we always have the DVR set to record!
Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written bykarinajohnson November 27, 2011

Just fine for kids

Yes, they do swear quite a bit, the costumes can be revealing, and there is kissing, but this also presents good role models for anyone. My kids (ages 5 and 8) watch this show with me and enjoy it. They do beep out most bad words.
Kid, 12 years old April 14, 2011

Inappropriate Costumes

Eew. This show is so sex-filled it's gross. The girl dancers wear inappropriate costumes. I once saw a lady in a bikini top wearing a short, stringy skirt over her underwear (or what looked like underwear) and one lady in a backless dress with a cut in the skirt up to the waist and a low-cut top. They're kind of saying that you have to undress for success, and they're kind of portraying women as vamps and things like that. I wished their clothes didn't show off their bodies.