All member reviews for Dancing with the Stars

High-kicking series has cross-generational appeal.

Adult Written byjmanabat January 5, 2009

JUDGING ROTATION NEEDS IMPROVEMENT

The start of the judging should be rotating so that Argentina doesn't always give the first score and influences the whole team of judgers... Overall, good show with improving the rotation. James M.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykrazypanda45 October 31, 2008

I lovethis show

This show is great. The costumes and dancing and the thrill of competition. It is arduoudous that to stop watching. ALWAYS watch the results show.
Adult Written bymisuspotts April 9, 2008

Adult Written bybrucevain April 9, 2008

lame, lame, and also lame

this show is a bit entertaining from the perspective of ballroom dancing's artistic merits. it's also interesting to see the sort-of celebreties' performances... for about 5 minutes. otherwise, it's about as enjoyable as figure skating. same old stuff, over and over again. plus, some of the dance moves are a little suggestive for younger kids (do you want your kindergartener re-enacting sexually-charged dance moves at school?). it's just another b-list celebrity love-fest, but not so entertaining. and the men in tight pants is a little yucky, too.
Adult Written byMindypin April 9, 2008

Costumes too revealing

While I love ballroom dancing, I quit watching this show early on because the brevity of the women's costumes was too distracting from the dancing. What a shame, because this show could be great entertainment.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRoxyGirl549 April 9, 2008

so good

I loved watching this show just seeing how the non-stars transformed and were able to do their outstanding dances it was a very good show i look forward to watching it every year!
Adult Written byElianne@ourmail.com April 9, 2008

IT RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, should have been rated TV-G and 2+ by the wed site.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjuju456 April 9, 2008

LOVE IT

this show is the bomb!
Adult Written bycaliente_bailador April 9, 2008

Planting unrealistic life expectations and very elitist attitude to all!

Dancing with the stars is a great entertainment value for the elitist but not for the masses! First of all, how can an everyday or real person dance that well in just 6 weeks? The stars in the show has a lot of time in their hands not counting the fact that they have the money and/or well-funded by corporate sponsors to get the training 25 to 30 hours a week, not counting the 10 to 15 hours a week of conditioning and workout! First of all, majority of real people (90%) don't just have the time and most importantly, the money to learn how to dance. Dance studios are making false promises to prospective dance students that they will be stars if they can win dance competitions. But how many percent of those who already dance become world champions? .009% maybe? Can we just dance for fun and make it a recital? Can we just say that "You Can Dance even if you're not a Star"? The show makes "Dancing" for elites only sending the message that those who can afford and have time in their hands are the only ones who can dance. Suggestion: Make the title "Dancing with everyday people" or even "Dancing with Low-Income" or even "Dancing with the Homeless". We want to reach to the masses and not the elitists is in it?
Teen, 14 years old Written byhannah_montana13 April 9, 2008

Great show

This is a great show. I want to be just like the stars. There are some skimpy outfits, suggestive moves, and bad language, but overall, it's good. It gives a message that if you work hard for something it will come out in the end. Oh, and GO EMMITT AND CHERYL!!! And MARIO AND KATRINA ARE SO IN LOVE!!!

Rox my Sox

The dancers are so talented!
Adult Written byzippogirl April 9, 2008

I never miss it---tivo the program and rewatch my favorite over and over ag

The judges play good guy-bad guy which is occasionally funny, but when the bad guy is dissing your favorite dancer---you get upset. Cudos to the dancers for holding their cool and maintaining proper decorum
Adult Written byjgarbarz April 9, 2008

Great music and dancing...

Too bad there have to be commercials. I don't feel a family show should have 'teasers' for Desperate Housewives in which clothes are ripped off and people are in bed. My ten year old covered her eyes during the commercial and asked me to tell her when it was over. We'll be taping and watching later when we can zoom past the inappropriate commercial content.
Parent of an infant, 3, and 11 year old Written bygrahamandheather April 9, 2008

Love it!

My son and I are crazy about Dancing with the Stars. We like the performances that make me and the kids want to get up and dance too. Just be aware that sometimes the moves and the outfits can be a little risque. It is a very fun show.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypotatoes789 April 9, 2008

This show is great!

I love this show!!! It is great because it would seem as though it's boring for my age, but I actually get attached to it. It is probably the dancers' relationships that I love. I love seeing how they do each week and how they did while training. It's great seeing them improve and seeing how my favorites did (Apollo and Julianne and Laila and Max) And the judges are great, I probably wouldn't watch the show if it weren't for the judges. They disagree a lot, and BRUNO IS AWESOME!!! He is so funny and has a way of saying how the stars danced that always makes my laugh. Overall, I think this show is awesome and definately not boring even though I don't care for Ballroom dancing myself.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydarrenc95 April 9, 2008

Some skimpy outfits and provacative dancing, but otherwise good for 9+.

Dancing with the Stars is a good show, but because of the skimpy outfits, sexy dancing, and the occasional naughty words (ass, suck, crap), I only recommend Dancing with the Stars to children 9 or older.

love it!!!!!!

What can i say?? Dancing with the Stars is an awesome show and I look forward to watching it every year! I love watching how the stars get transformed into marvelous dancers. It's a good way to bring ball room dancing back! But most of the ourfits that the girls wear are inapropriate. And some of the dance moves (especially on latin week) are suggestive. And the judges use some word like ass, sexy, crap, and suck. But we live in Modern day America what do you expect. but, altogether it's a fun and exciting show!
Adult Written byAbracadebra April 9, 2008

The dance moves and outfits are sexy, and there is some language you might prefer your child not hear ("I worked my a*s off," for instance.) But as competition shows of this ilk go, I like this one for my dance-crazed 7-year-old. The judges aren't as brutal and ripping as the ones on American Idol, which I do not allow her to watch for that reason. The show seems fairer somehow, and my daughter picked up on the fact that people voted off the show get to leave gracefully, by taking one last dance. Nice touch!

good fluff

this is a fun guilty show to wathc nothing to bad my mom and i like it it is just fun and nothing else but i would recomend it to you if you want to turn your brain off for 1-2 hours