All member reviews for Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood

Kid, 10 years old September 4, 2012

WHEN SOMETHING SEEMS BAD, TURN IT AROUND, AND FIND SOMETHING GOOD!

That song is ingenious. It was stuck in my head for hours yesterday... and I'm 10! That's just one of the songs with positive messages. Daniel visits the doctor (more like the vet?) for a checkup and he gets scared. Kids will relate to that. Everyone in the neighborhood is nice and forgiving when something goes wrong. Not as good as the original Mr. Rogers but still recommended for kids young and old! -Samantha (chocolatecake123) PS: sorry for any typos, I am on a tablet.
Teen, 13 years old Written byUseursense October 5, 2013

A remake of Mister Rogers Neighborhood, for the tiniest people!

This was a favorite for my little bro! (Now it's curious George!) the messages are really great! (Except I think they could've gone without the potty one...) if your kid loves music, they will love this!
Teen, 16 years old Written byEntertaimentCritic88 November 27, 2013

Ugh.

Nothing new, just another BAD show from PBS Kids. This is the 2nd worst PBS Kid show next to Dinosaur Train. This is childish, lame, and it really ruined the original.
Kid, 12 years old January 9, 2015

I Love Daniel Tiger!

I don't know why, but for my preparation for babysitting my brother, I watch this. He watches it with me. It's worked dramatically. Daniel's so cute, sings catchy songs, he's great for kids that need lessons on any characteristic in their life.
Kid, 11 years old January 3, 2015

A disgrace to tigers! >:(

This is a big disgrace to tigers! This show is stupid, boring, and cliche! This show teaches people absoulutely nothing! It should be off the air!
Teen, 13 years old Written byDarksouls444 September 11, 2014

another! one of the better shows on pbs

Same as dinosaur but teaches kids social skills and affection and emotions
Teen, 14 years old Written byjpg11 September 1, 2014

THIS IS WHAT MR ROGERS TURNS INTO?!

Mom's and dad's, do you remember a time your parents sat you in front of the television and let you watch Mr. Rogers on PBS? Well, this Daniel Tiger is 10,000 WORSE than Mr. Rogers is. Morals are crap this show, it is just like every show on Nick Jr. and PBS these days...if you want to do your kids a favor, and this is coming from a teenager, watch reruns of Mr. Rogers, your kids will benefit from it. (YouTube is a great place to start)
Teen, 15 years old Written byGregoryMccormick123 June 22, 2014

Good for kids, but a huge insult to the original.

I bet Fred Rogers is rolling in his grave because of this junk PBS calls a "spin-off". This show is annoying, the animation is bland, the songs are terrible, and they ruined the characters in The Neighborhood of Make Believe. PBS Kids, you suck nowadays.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDarky'sReviews June 18, 2014

Somewhat amusing for the tots, COMPLETE TORTURE for everyone else- YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I remember around a year ago when my youngest sister would watch the local preschool channel 24/7 even though she was already 7. Mum, my 9 year old sister and I would often watch with her since most of us don't really know what to do with our lives. However, Mum doesn't let her watch some of the shows, since she thinks that it's either too childish for our age group (e.g Play School) or she just can't stand watching it herself (e.g Ha Ha Hooties) and when we all saw the pilot episode for this show (the one they play all of the time, Daniel's Birthday) Everyone including the 7 year old agreed that this show is one of the most obnoxious preschool shows since Dora the Explorer. I was absolutely horrified when I saw the 5 star rating for this show, because I don't see how anyone would like leave alone tolerate this trainwreck. The characters have the dimensions of a cardboard cutout and are too obnoxious to have any simpify for. The animation is painful to look at and the writing + script could have been written by an elementary schooler. I understand that this is supposed to be geared towards infants and preschoolers and not for preteens and teens to take it seriously but I just can't help it and say 'wow I feel really sorry for this generation, growing up with horrible shows like this one' I get it that Mr Rogers made up his show because of the fact that he wanted television to be more than mindless antics and actually deliver some intelligent messages but most of the shows that actually try to follow in his footsteps just turn out to be just like adverts, where they shove the message right down your throat and make it seem pointless and not worthwhile. Parents, I recommend that you try to find some programs that your child can grow up and look back from without cringing. For starters, I would try something like Arthur or Animiniacs (Something that's both entertaining, memorable and educational.) ON: 0-3 IFFY: 4-5 OFF: 6+
Kid, 9 years old March 5, 2014

LEARNING

I love this show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop and listen to be safe! Sorry! I have that song stuck in my head. Daniel and Katerina sung that song to teach kids how to be safe in water. Even if I'm too old for the show, I love it!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byWaffleberry January 3, 2014

Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood Is NOT Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood

I watched Mr. Roger's Neighborhood when I was young, and I loved it. It was one of the few kids shows that wasn't animated, and it taught important stuff that young-me had always wondered about. It was quality kid's television programming that I can still go back to, watch, and enjoy. But Daniel Tiger is not anything like the show you may remember from your childhood, if you grew up with Mr. Rogers. It is, more than anything else, an insult to Rogers and his show. The characters are annoying and have absolutely no depth, as well as a serious personality deficiency. There is no real conflict, unless a mild debate over where to hold a picnic counts. And it doesn't. The flimsy morals are shoved in the viewer's face repeatedly, half the time through the most annoying and repetitive songs on the face of the planet. The people behind this show clearly know their target audience is very young children, and they're aiming directly for them with absolutely no consideration for the parents who may be forced to sit through an episode with their toddler. Please, just pass on this horrible Rogers' knockoff, and instead sit your kid down in front of the original Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood, which you could probably find with a quick Google search. It will provide them with infinitely better TV than Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood ever could.