All muscle, no depth; OK, but kids can do better.

Teen, 14 years old Written byphantomphan April 9, 2008

I love this show!

I see a lot of reveiws saying "This is pointless. It's not educational at all." You need to realize it is not supposed to be educational. It is a CARTOON and is not inappropriate, just silly! It often makes little sense, but is VERY FUNNY!
Adult Written byMaddys_Wooden_sox April 9, 2008

This show is Great.

Dave the barbarian is just Great. It moves away from the obvious humour of most children's shows and gives intelligent children a bit more credit; with its different, random style of humour. Like Monty Python for kids. I love it, and as a selective school student I am around a lot of intelligent kids who also love it. It's definately not your average kids' show; in a good way.
Teen, 14 years old Written byicefire22 April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn June 7, 2013

Teen, 17 years old Written bynduns April 9, 2008

Okay, the people at CS are being idiots again

This is one of the only good shows Disney Channel has left because it's funny. It's a very interesting take on Barbarians with the main character as a coward and the characters are so silly and stupid, they're just lovable. The plots are stupid, everything is stupid, but that's because the show is supposed to be stupid! People need to realize that, and it's one of the more original ideas Disney ever had.
Adult Written byvalravnknight February 17, 2016

Missing the point

Many others focus on the educational value of the show; however, before you jump to conclusions I ask you to consider the type of show. Dave the Barbarian is a comedy. The focus lies in clever humor, from visual gags to clever wordplay, the show tries its best to subvert your expectations. It takes tropes and changes them. The main appears to be a muscle-bound warrior, but is instead very sensitive and loves crafts. His sisters have their own quirks, the eldest can be seen as a stereotype but usually finds her own way to solve problems. The younger is the opposite of her older brother, small but quick to anger. It suffers from its own faults, sometimes jokes fail or the story doesn't work, but in the end it tries hard and helps to expand a child's experience with different forms of humor.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJacobBrandyDoggy April 12, 2013
Parent of a 9 year old Written byafdtyfsyfgey November 15, 2010
this shhow is so boring and they fight a lot of times.
Kid, 12 years old November 4, 2009

Dave is awesome!

I love it, i used to watch it all the time!!! :DD!!! ((: i'm 13! ;DD
Kid, 12 years old September 2, 2009

Okay,

I have to say this show is funny.At least the way I remember it. Its way better then all the new shows that are coming on these days.
Adult Written bymictamali April 9, 2008
Teen, 16 years old Written bycrazdmblond April 9, 2008

weird show

I thought the first time that i watched this show that it was stupid and that i could never happen and that i would never watch it again and i haven't.
Adult Written byvalerie1299 April 9, 2008

waste of time

My son (8) and I watched this one day and couldn't even get through the entire show. What a waste of time and brain cells! No educational value at all!
Teen, 15 years old Written bymightymouse_66 April 9, 2008

Awsome Show!

I love this show it's absolutely hillarious!

i am glad its gone

i hate this show i am glad its gone