All member reviews for DC Cupcakes

Bakery-set reality show is sweeter than many others.

Teen, 14 years old Written bystripesanddots April 6, 2011

This is a great show. Katherine and Sophie work together even though they disagree sometimes. The only problem is there is occasional language,including some that is bleeped out.
Kid, 10 years old April 20, 2013

great show

i think this show is AWESOME!!!! it shows positive role models by encouraging kids to be bakers!!! it is awesome!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bycrazyhorse13 July 3, 2012

Family Friendly Cooking Show

Over all this show is amazing! It is very family friendly and cute! They make amazing cup cakes but in the process "mommy" messes stuff up and they sometimes have to start over. Sculptures fall but they make up. A bit of language you should be aware of for younger kids like"what the hell" and words bleeped out but you can still see their mouth moving when they say bad words. I have to say that this is an amazing baking show and it makes we wanna make cupcakes(mine don't turn out like theirs though) I would say 7-8 years of age and up
Teen, 13 years old Written byStoddert June 11, 2012

Okay

This show is alright. It's not very exciting, but the cupcake displays look amazing. In real life the cupcakes aren't the best I've had and the owners, Sophie and Katherine, never are actually in the store in DC.
Teen, 13 years old Written bythat'swhatshethinks April 14, 2012

G-Town Cupcakes

DC Cupcakes is a great show! These two girls weren't rich, but made their own way, and now they own a great business! I've personally tasted Georgetown Cupcakes, and boy, are they delicious! Of course, as the show is about their shop, there's free advertising, so some consumerism. But these girls are positive role models, who made their dreams come true, and work hard today, showing working hard= success. There was one episode about amking cupcakes for a drag queen competition that would be kind of iffy for kids, but usually the show's venues are fine. Sometimes I feel like the girls are a little too mean to "Mommy", who helps them out a LOT, but I guess that's good for the show. Maybe it's just mean, but meh. Overall, the show is as sweet as the cupcakes they bake!
Adult Written byLayneE October 7, 2010

Worst cupcake ever.

There's nothing wrong with the show itself, besides the whining. Too bad the cupcakes are dry and taste like paste.
Kid, 9 years old September 14, 2010

Yummy!

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this show! This show made me want to have my own bakery with my cousin! (i do not have a sister) I love their idea about the signature swirl and making their bakery a family buisness. It really shows hard work and dedication for their job which really makes them a great role model for kids. GREAT JOB DC CUPCAKES!!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 3 year old Written byMaryalicia August 18, 2010

The is swearing, but it is bleeped out. However the snippyness of the sisters against each other (and cursing under stress at each other) is not a good message to send to kids. Besides that- everything they say seems like it is coming from a reader board and they always appear to be acting fake, and not naturally. The cakes look awesome, but everything seems so fake- except when they are 'upset' and sometimes, even that seems forced and unreal.
Kid, 12 years old August 5, 2010

awesome!!!

love it!!! absolutely reccomend it. the swear some but not too badly this is one of my new fave shows! this is a good tween/teen show and had entertaining story lines throughout each show.