All member reviews for Deadliest Catch

Action-packed reality show OK for older tweens and up.

Teen, 13 years old Written byCandy Girl 101 April 9, 2008

a Great, action-packed show filled to the brim with suspense!

Deadliest Catch is a show that we found one night on Discovery Channel. We were flicking through channels when my dad spotted it. He selected it and we sat down to watch. We really like it now. We try to watch every new episode. In fact, I'm watching it right now! There is some swearing, but all the really bad stuff is bleeped out. They play some pracitcal jokes, too. It's really funny. This is a great show for 9 year olds, too, if they're with their parents.
Adult Written byCasino April 9, 2008

Great Show

The show is great I give all the guys credit, Hope they make new episodes
Adult Written bylynnlaw April 9, 2008

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!

Adult Written byCrystaljean22 April 9, 2008

The Best Show on TV!

I watch very little TV but this show is good enough that I'll watch any episode anytime. It never seems fake or made up, is always exciting, and it has made me look at crab in an entirely different way. It seems a miracle to me that more men aren't hurt or killed in this extreme profession. Also, it amazes me that more boats don't go down in the dreadful weather in the Bering Sea. This is a fantastic show and I hope it runs forever. I have already bought the First Season DVD set and will buy any others as soon as they come out.
Adult Written bydukenflash1 April 9, 2008

Real Men Doing Real Fishing.... ADVENTURE

Howling wind, crashing waves,pots that can smushya like a bug. This is tv my friends.Strap on your rain gear and batten down yuor hatches and lets catch some crab. Best reality tv show ever made.
Adult Written bygwrober April 9, 2008

Excellent show

Even the Deadliest Catch episode about the film crew was excellent! This show is the best "reality" show out there - there is some drama, some censored swearing, etc. But the show has real people, real hard working Americans, and the trials they go through in a particular field. The show clearly demonstrates the importance of teamwork and camaraderie, and the edginess of someone out of the fold. The humor is well-natured. One of the crew members was in trouble with the law, and when he returned to the ship, the rest of the crew celebrated (with him) by torching his old gear to symbolize his past was behind him. I think that's great! Mike Rowe does a great job narrating, and the film crew gets incredibly difficult shots in the midst of four story waves. I watch this show so much that my wife gets upset! "Not this show again!!" :P
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

AWSOME!!

This show is THE BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!!! It's educational and fun all at the same time! You can sit down and be entertained for the WHOLE ENTIRE SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent Written byhenrymolina84 August 9, 2011

the best.

Teen, 13 years old Written by9001 November 13, 2009

Off for anyone under 13.

This show sometimes contains strong (bleeped) language. Once, I was watching an episode with the f word in it that was barely bleeped, and it still only got a PG-L. Off for anyone under 13.
Adult Written byBuy Ultram Onli... November 26, 2008

http://yahoo.com 123
Parent of a 9 year old Written bypurplemoon July 16, 2009

Enjoyable to watch!

We enjoy watching this show together. The only thing to watch out for, imho, is some of the language ~ but they *do* beep it out. Some of the crew members smoke, but, again, certainly not the most horrible thing kids could be seeing! My son knows that smoking isn't a good thing. We focus on the teamwork and the hard work and discipline of the crew!
Kid, 12 years old July 29, 2009

Contains censored strong swearing.
Teen, 14 years old Written bychallenger June 14, 2011

Good pots for this one!

All the men are hard working good role models that show that good work pays off. Violence includes waves, splashes and, on rare occasions, deck fights. Fishermen sometimes get rowdy when their pots are low on crabs. The fishermen go on a diet that capt. Sig Hansen describes as "The tradishional Norwegian fisherman's diet" which consists of chocolate, cigarettes and coffee. Only mild alcahol refrence, but plenty of smoking.
Teen, 13 years old Written byvan ly September 16, 2010

its a really cool show its a lot of action and stuff
Kid, 12 years old September 27, 2009

amazing show; iffy language

the show is really good, but the language is what pushes buttons. even though it is bleeped out, d--n is said so many times. and for the action; it all depends on the kids maturity. yep!
Parent of a 17 year old Written byThemaxieriddle March 3, 2011

Kid, 8 years old December 28, 2010

good

this is a very good show.
Parent Written bytitanius719 July 19, 2012

Deadliest Catch is Great

I love Deadliest Catch. My son actually watches it with his Dish Remote Access app on his phone. He showed me how to get it on my phone and I have been a fan ever since. I never knew how difficult it would be to fish for crab or how large the rewards could be. A coworker at Dish said she has seen the coast guard rescue a couple people on this show so some of the situations do get a little tense. That being said it does teach kids to have a strong work ethic. The relationships a lot of these captains share with their sons is nice to see as well.
Teen, 16 years old Written byabbacus June 4, 2012

Really good!

Okay for tweens, but probably more appropriate for teens and adults. I love this reality show. It's full of adventure and you get to know the people on the different boats and really understand their situations. Things parents should know: the crew is constantly in peril, a few fight break out once in a while among crew and/or captain, pretty much everyone being filmed smokes, and there is a lot of cussing (the more harsh stuff is bleeped out). I hope they keep filming!
Parent of a 5 and 10 year old Written byMom-of-Two January 29, 2014

A few words do slip by

I was led to believe by all the other reviews that all the language was beeped out, but a few words make it through. Such as pi** and d*mn. My sons do not normally hear these words, so I wish I would have known ahead of time. I'm mentioning this so that parents will have full information and can make decision for themselves.