All member reviews for Deadliest Warrior

Teen, 16 years old Written byboltman April 17, 2009

You Cannot Save Us...Only We Can Do That

To blogging Dads and Moms, get real! Stop trying to protect us by using words like "gory" to describe the show. It's way LESS gory than five minutes on HALO or GT4. Does it make us into murderers? I went online and looked up the stuff about kids and violence. Turns out, colleges have studied it, and even young kids know the diff between reality and this kind of TV. NO backwash. If anything, DEADLIEST does the opposite. I am from a trailer park like all my friends. We were all going to enlust in the Army after high school. After we saw what these poor homies go thru, no way, the Army can stick the katana where the sun doesn't shine!
Kid, 12 years old January 6, 2011

This show is awesome!!!
Adult Written bybucknellbison June 15, 2010

Perfect for teens and older

The greatest show I've ever seen. Educational and its perfect for anyone mature enough to see violence. I highly recommend watching this awesome show!
Teen, 14 years old Written bysillysasha123 March 12, 2015

Very Educational, do NOT watch if you have Hemaphobia

We watched an episode of this in History class, and though it was very fascinating and gave lots of good information in a modern manner, the bloodshed that gushed out of the manikins and fake soldiers was too scary/tense for me, however many kids in my class were fine and some boys even liked it, so I would say it depends on the kid, but definitely no for 11 and under
Adult Written bydarthsitkur September 23, 2014

such an awesome show :-)

I miss this show on spike, it was so much fun, it had nonstop action in every episode and uncensored blood and gore, and each episode was more badass than the last one
Parent Written byiknowwhat October 29, 2013

Great Game, Well Worth the money and not as violent as depicted.

This game was great for my 11 year old. There was some violence but its not like he hasn't seen any of it before. He really enjoyed this game and I think it was a good to buy it for him. Parents who think because games that are violent, their kids should'nt play them. The kids are going to see it eventually, so you should let them have slack and let them play a violent game that they WILL enjoy.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysyco1138 August 31, 2012

Best show on TV.

This is probably one of the best shows on TV, because it models a physically active life style, educates about history and is entertaining all at the same time.
Teen, 16 years old Written byGamerevier August 20, 2012

Good show but very gory

Good but gory all of the cussing has just been bleeped out so
Teen, 13 years old Written bydurf15 May 29, 2012

educational but bloody

this tv show over looks people and what they use to kill other people. There are two teams or individuals who's weapons leave dummies and pig carcasses all over the floor. After the testing a violent battle between the two is shown, there is also clip scenes of the warriors battling who they did in their time, heads explode, limbs are severed, many head shots, impalement, cigar bombs, you name it they have it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBe Remembered. May 12, 2012

Gory and Interesting

Can get pretty gory, but is very entertaining and actually somewhat educational.
Kid, 12 years old February 29, 2012

Great show!! Not for kids 12 & under though.

Awesome, epic, action show!!! The violence can get very bloody and disturbing though. This show features clips from PG through R rated movies such as: Troy, Rome, Gladiator, The Eagle, 30 Days of Night, Night of the Living Dead, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Tower Heist, The Mask, The Other Guys, The Last Airbender, Hannibal, WWII HD, America: The Story of Us,The Godfather, The Godfather II, The Godfather III, The Godfather IV, 007: Casino Royal, Bram Strokers Dracula, Brave Heart, Zulu, Al Capone, The Good the Bad and the Ugly, Inception,Brothers, Inglorius Ba***rds, Super troopers, Battlefeild Earth, Battle Los Angeles, Battleship , Hunt for Red October, Angels and Demons, The Davinci Code, IP Man, The Green Hornet, ect... There is also some mild language such as:a couple of uses of the a-word and a couple bleeped out f-words. There are also a few warriors that are drug lords and gangsters(who smoke ciggaretes and drink wine, beer, and whiskey). This show is very historical and shows you what it was like in different periods of time. It's a very educational show and if you have older kids, it should be even healthy to watch. My MPAA rating is: PG-13 for intense graphic violence and disturbing images, use of alcohol, tabbaco, and drugs, and some brief mild language.
Adult Written byWalther38 February 24, 2012

Entertaining, but with little validity

This show is good if you're interested in seeing how different weapons can destroy ballistics gel and pig carcasses, but beyond that, it really doesn't have many benefits. The painfully scripted trash talk is occasionally funny, but most of the time just grates on you. There are many errors in the data and statistics that are presented, and the only things that are used in the decision of the "Deadliest Warrior" are the hosts' personal opinions and some very poorly-informed claims on weapons statistics. At no point is training or personal ability factored into the decisions. The so-called "experts" are often shown waving guns around with fingers on triggers and pointed at other people, which violates two of the funamental rules of gun safety and convinces me that these actors really need to brush up on their skills more. I would only recommend this if there is literally nothing else of T.V., and would strongly discourage the use of this as an educational tool or resource at any level.
Adult Written bytrajan38 February 14, 2012

Very good show, may be a little violent for some

I personally love this show, and find this kind of thing very interesting. Though i didn't always agree with the outcome, I did enjoy watching the warriors square off. This show does have some mild language, though it is generally bleeped out. This show does tend to be violent, and i wouldn't recommend it for anybody who is not comfortable with blood or watching people die sometimes horrific deaths (like in the Vlad the Impaler episode). Agewise, kids 13 and up will probably be OK, though its different for different people. If you are fine with letting your kids watch it and they are comfortable with watching this kind of violence, it is a very enjoyable and interesting show. To be honest, my 2 year old little brother loves this show, and likes to pretend to be the warriors he watches. This is an educational show and has some very interesting historical information.
Kid, 10 years old January 9, 2012

Watch This!!!!!!!!!!

First of all this show is very educational, it teaches you about different fighters from ancient and modern times but there is a lot of violence and a good amount of blood especially at the end when two live actors stage a fight but the worst is the fatalities at the end of the staged fight, but this is an AMAZING show!!!!
Kid, 12 years old January 8, 2012

Good shpw

i have only seen the first two seasons before my mom stopped letting me watch them. it isn't the most graphic show out there, there is blood in the ballistic gels and in the short movies in the end. not to much swearing. some weapons are very cruel and disturbing such as the viet-cong pungi traps (trap pits with bamboo spikes covered in crap or bamboo spikes coming out of a mud ball that swings down and stabs a mans head) or the IRA's nail bomb. all in all pretty educational but quiet gory
Kid, 12 years old November 30, 2011

deadliest review

it does tell a lot about the ancient history behind the character's but also delivers bloody moments but in fake scientific way. parents if your child is mature enough they could watch it.
Adult Written byCyraxPredator November 13, 2011

it's good

Parent Written byGameMan000 June 8, 2011

11 years+

Bloody but scientific and good show for when your bored.
Kid, 10 years old December 10, 2010

A good show for older kids

The testing parts of the show are violent, with dead pig carcasses and gel/styrafoam fake blood-filled figures being decimated, and the simulations are even more graphic, with people being shot point-blank in the head and being burnt to a crisp with a flamethrower, overall, this is a very mature show.
Parent of a 8, 8, and 10 year old Written bykscollart September 8, 2010

What messages do you really want your children to learn

Its one of those shows your kids love to watch but you hesitate to allow. It's extremly violent, bloody and gory. It sends the mixed message to kids about violence. The people get excited about having a head blown off with brain matter thrown across your screen. The more blown up the better. It's like a reward for having the most damage done. I guess there could be some healthy competition in there but I feel why expose the children to this kind of violence if you don't have too. I don't want them to think it's cool to blow up humans no matter what the situation is. There are better messages about life I want the kids to learn than this.