Kid reviews for Descendants 3

Satisfying end to trilogy has positive themes for kids.

Teen, 16 years old Written bybrianna10145 August 12, 2019

Amazing Lesson

I’m a big fan of descendants, and I think these movies show a great lesson about being able to trust your friends, and that not everything has to grow as a big bubble inside of you; you should share your feelings to others. This is a movie I definitily recomend

Teen, 14 years old Written byLazy111 August 20, 2019

It was OK.

This movie was a good movie to watch with younger viewers. The message of the movie was good because it showed that everyone deserves a second chance and that there is good in everyone. Overall if you are a fan the decedents movies this is a great movie. The characters also show teamwork and the never give up. There is a lot of singing as well.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySweets06 August 5, 2019

OMG my favorite of them all!!!

I was so thrilled when I heard that Descendants 3 was coming out! I was SO happy and the movie DID NOT disappoint! I’ve been listening to ALL the songs since they came out. The trailers did not lead me away that much! It was so good I loved EVREYR minute of it! I don’t care what people say VKs all the way!(okay that was a little cheesy) It has great messages about being true to yourself and knowing that you can be both sides of yourself!

Teen, 14 years old Written bybackstage5657 August 4, 2019

Only worth it if you're a fan

I really enjoyed the first movie, and the second one was alright, but I didn't enjoy this one very much. What I like most about the trilogy is the music, but the soundtrack in Descendants 3 didn't do it for me. There were a couple strong songs, but a lot of clunkers as well. In the first two movies, the whole soundtrack was strong.
The acting and costumes were good, and the script was okay. The CGI was absolutely awful, but it was pretty bad in the first two movies as well.
Some new characters were introduced, but we didn't get to see a lot of them, which was frustrating. Songs also seemed awkwardly placed, made worse considering that a lot of them weren't too great.
I wouldn't recommend this movie unless you really want to find out what happens to the characters, otherwise, don't bother.
(However, it's a kids' movie, it doesn't have to be a masterpiece. There weren't really any bad messages, so it's fine in that sense, but quality wise, Disney can and has done better)
Teen, 13 years old Written byRSnider06 August 4, 2019

Not worth the wait

I loved descendants 1 and 2 , I’m assuming I was not by myself when I say I have been waiting forever for this movie but I was sadly disappointing, some of the songs make no sense and come at the most random times, and the CGI is so horrible it’s funny. My thought is most kids watched descendants 1 around the age of 9 or 10 but here we are 4 years later the kids being 13-14 and they don’t care about some Disney movie.

Kid, 11 years old August 4, 2019

Heartwarming end to series still has that magic touch

Descendants 3 was are rare example of how movie series’ don’t have to get worse and worse with every movie. Chock-full of amazing dance number and songs, it was a hit. It had tons of positive messages like the importance of working together, and was really just one huge political metaphor. It was about possibly closing the BARRIER around the VILLAINS forever. Sound familiar? There were some scary scenes, but everyone ended up getting their happy ending. Descendants 3 (and the whole Descendants trilogy) are great family movies to watch with older kids and young tweens, and will appeal to all ages.
My rating: TV-PG for FV

Teen, 13 years old Written byteq August 2, 2019

Good movie

The movie sends a good message, has good songs and is entertaining. Highly recommend.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHailieGrace17 August 2, 2019

My Favorite

This is the best one yet. I know it is the end. But it was the perfect ending. I wont spoil it if you are reading reviews before watching it but skip the reviews and go to the movie it is AMAZING.

R.I.P CAMERON BOYCE

We all love you

Teen, 14 years old Written bySusan ha August 19, 2019

My personal Opinion

The movie had a great plot but the animation wasn't really much. I give this 2 stars tbh only bc the last part where they honor Cameron, i'd love them to mut muc more effort into that and i know that its really biased but i love/d that boy so much and he desereves much more that just a quick note.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviesarethebest111 August 18, 2019

The Cutest Movie Ever

This movie is really cute and it has a great message. I don't believe it was the best descendants movie but it still was so so so good. I think you should watch this movie at any age. It is a bit darker than the rest of Disney Chanel movies but it has an incredible message and Mal is a great roll model to follow.

Teen, 13 years old Written byHarmonyGranger August 14, 2019

Ehh...Should end here

I had high hopes for this movie as the other two were amazing. This was slightly disappointing. The beginning was action packed, and was very interesting. There was a lot of violence, but not a lot of gory. Mal is shown to begin trusting her friends more, but loses their trust quite easily. I wouldn't recommend this movie for older kids, as it ends quite badly. \

Kid, 11 years old August 12, 2019

Eh

As a kid who watches Disney I was very disaponted of this. The only good song was at the end. At one part Evie sings a song about true loves kiss which wastes like 2 mins of the movie for some dumb song. 'Great' job Disney!
Teen, 13 years old Written bygr1234 August 12, 2019

Love!

I really love this film. i really enjoyed the first two films, and this just might be my favorite. other reviewers say that the music isnt good or the film as a whole was bad, but you have to take into consideration that this is still a disney channel childrens movie, and although i am certainly not in the age demographic or target audience, i still loved it from beginning to end. the first film came out when i was 8 years old, and it grew on me. when i heard that a second one was coming, i was so happy. then, it was announced that descendants would be a trilogy, and i was ecstatic.i felt that the new chracters' introductions were a bit rushed and we didnt see many of the new VKs, but other than that characters were fine. i loved the development of mal and everyone, as well as the evolution of uma and her pirates from bad to good. the whole thing was pretty well done, but i just cant help but question some of the PC adult reviewers. body shaming? really? and the adults seemed very immature while writing their reviews. i saw one that said it was "so hilariously bad" and i just felt that comment was unnessacary and rude, since films take time and if you dont like the film, review it maturely. i think this movie deserves more credit where credit is due. ill now talk about each character-
mal- was almost like another villian in this story because she was lying to everyone about the future of the isle and auradon. great development.
evie- seemed to take the lead when uma and mal were being immature. somewhat of a saving grace to the gang
carlos- had a minor roll in the film. an incredible scene with beast ben and was kind and sweet throughout the movie
jay- had a minor roll in the films well, but still managed to have form a friendship with gil.
uma- loved the close friendship she and mal formed throughout.
harry- also didnt have a huge part in the movie, but also managed to catch everyones attention when everyone was arguing
gil- barely any screentime but managed to be a comic relief.
audrey- loved the transition from good to evil. great song!
ben- kind of took the backseat in the film. didnt have much importance but he had his moments
celia- great development as well! you could feel her emotions!
dizzy- KITTY FROM TO ALL THR BOYS jk she was great, but didnt have much screentime or development. loved her energy and enthusiasm.
squeaky & squirmy - literally did nothing in the movie. also, why did they choose two vks from the same family? just a small critism.
i also was a bit disapointed at the absence of diane doan's character, lonnie, but i understand that doan was working on a different project at the time of filming or rehersal of the film.
all in all, the film was great!
rest in peace, cameron boyce.

Teen, 13 years old Written bylove_349 August 12, 2019

love this but not see

love and you shod see this

Teen, 13 years old Written byWaterfire77 August 10, 2019

Even better than the last

I think it was amazing all though maps leggings were a bit tight. I loved it.

Kid, 11 years old August 10, 2019

amazing

great

Teen, 17 years old Written bypotterhead14 August 10, 2019

I feel old doing this review

I really enjoyed this movie, when the first one came out, I was 13 and I thought I was over all the Disney films, turns out I was wrong haha, the first one was silly, cheesy, but really fun, great memorable and catchy songs, outstanding Kenny Ortega choreography, character design, and laughable CGI, not a cinematic masterpiece, but still an enjoyable film.
I liked the sequel even more than the first one, which came out a month before I turned 16, and again, I wasn't expecting it, but the style was just so well thought and made, I loved the new villain trio, (China Anne McClain's return touched my A.N.T farm 5th grade heart) the only thing I really found cheesy was the 3D printer idea and the talking dog.
And now the real review of this movie lol, a month before my 18th birthday, and I just think this is the best one out of the 3, it was an incredible musical, the pace was nicely distributed, and the references to the classic movies were great, even ironic! I loved how Audrey used Malleficent's scepter, it was just so freaking hilarious and ironic, and how she put everyone to sleep, I just really liked her as this unstable funny villain, she had a great evil laugh and shrieks; and wasn't really evil, just desperate. I absolutely loved Hades as a character, his style was just so rock n' roll-ish, with all his sarcasm, and dynamic with Mal (especially their duo song, which was my favorite one, amazing character performances and dynamic), I found Uma's and Mal's frenemy state really funny, with Evie trying to keep things at bay, and I found absolutely hilarious Evie's One Kiss song, so dramatic and silly.
The battles in the movie were also really musical and had their "Disney epicness" (which means they were silly but also exciting) and I laughed out loud when they made those suits of armor dance.
In conclusion (because I just noticed this review is way too long, I thank you if you read all of that) this movie had a lot of stylistic and cheesy moments I enjoyed and laughed at with my 11 year old sister a friday night, and I can say this was a really good finale for the movie series.
On the downside I can say the movie was a bit more sexualized than the previous ones, the girls in the movie were dressed a bit skimpier (those mini dresses, and Mal's tight leather pants, with a lot of behind-her-back shots) and it had a lot more flirting (specially Harry, who is a heartthrob), but I think the film was pretty ok for middle school tweens, even thought they are in their "ew Disney" phase. I also felt that the film was a bit political, in a subtle way that younger kids won't really see, but I did notice

Teen, 13 years old Written bysbgzeya August 9, 2019

Make more it’s so much love and family getting together

This is so cool I hope they end up making more

Kid, 10 years old August 8, 2019

Great movie!

This movie is amazing. I like most of the songs a lot. The storyline is amazing and the message is too! There’s been one main message throughout the whole trilogy; evil can do good, too. This movie takes it to a whole new level. Don’t want to spoil it TOO much, but many villains do good and some “good guys” do bad. This is an excellent end to the trilogy. Since Disney made the whole movie dedicated to Cameron Boyce, there are some really sweet things in the beginning and end :’(. I first watched Descendants when I was eight and I love it just as much now. I would totally recommend this to anyone who watched the first two Descendants movies and liked them!

Teen, 13 years old Written byThistle.8 August 7, 2019
It’s a perfect sequel for people who have seen the first couple of movies