All member reviews for Desperate Housewives

Desperately addictive, but majorly mature -- not for kids.

Educator and Parent Written byFosterFan September 2, 2011

Really very good show.

Desperate Housewives is a really very good dramedy about 4 women, their relationships, but, overall, their friendship. Sex and language make it a little unappropiate for girls & straight boys of less than 15 years old. But if you're OK with that, they're bound to have a good time.
Teen, 14 years old Written byslasher23 September 5, 2010

some violent content.strong language.some drug use.graphic sexual content and some nudity.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTeen reviewer-1996 February 27, 2010

Perfect for mature teens!

This is a brilliant show, it is great for 13yrs + teens that are able to follow the story line and know that all that is shown is just a drama. The show actually does have episodes with beautiful messages, and some episodes are very heartfelt. Like the episodes in which the street faces a tornado or the previous one where they were hostages in a supermarket!! The messages at the end really taught me something. Also the humour is great. Although some skimpy outfits are shown, the kids that say for example, ' Oh I would never wear that...' those are the kids that really are mature enough and parents should trust them to watch this amazing show. I LOVE DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES!! :D
Teen, 13 years old Written byThreeto20 October 19, 2014

Depends

I watched this show a little and honestly I wasn't worried about the sex or anything, I was more concerned that it's kinda scary... Suicides & violence & a lot of mystery stuff like that, if your kids are easily troubled it's not the best, but if you have kids that are mature, don't get scared and aren't easily influenced by people who, well, make bad decisions... Then it's fine. It's addictive btw
Kid, 12 years old June 7, 2014

Ok

It was good when it started. Me and my mom watched it until the last episode. She said at times it got boring. 1. Violence. They show some people murder other people or talk about violent things. 2. Sex. The Sex is a problem. My mom covered my eyes whenever a scene like that would happen to show. 3. Nakedness. Sometimes the characters get naked. In 'Dress Big' Edie was falling for Carlos, and realized she was a 'Party Girl'. So she decided to lose 'Party girl Edie.' Next part is graphic. She is taking off her clothes. 'The shirt she only wears because it shows off her cleavage. The skirt she wears because it makes her legs look long. The shoes... that she wears that make her legs look even longer.' I don't really remember the bra part well but it was this, I think: 'The bra that she wears that doesn't even hold up her chest nowadays. And the panties, that only cover her scar from C-Section.' Now she is naked and no longer "A party girl". Carlos hugs her and they have sex. Edie was still naked. When Lynette thought her cancer was coming back after she fainted in her tub Carlos found her and placed her in her bed. She was still naked too. Then, in 'The Art of making art' Susan was to draw the Nude form but couldn't control her laughter. So she had to paint naked to stop. She was cooking breakfast for Mike naked. Like, nothing on. Then she tried being naked to Stan but his mom arrives. When she finally goes to the class she is only wearing a small black caridgan. I don't even think she was wearing a bra or underwear. NO UNDERWEAR PEOPLE!
Teen, 15 years old Written byEthan J. September 2, 2013

Desperate Housewives

It is one of the best shows I have ever seen but I would caution parents with kids under 14. There is a lot of sex, affairs, murders, drinking, mature issues etc.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBradleyWeiss June 14, 2013

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES!!! :)

Desperate Housewives is among the most intriguing T.V shows ever made. Once you watch an episode, you simply cannot stop. This show has been my absolute favorite T.V show so far. Almost tied with Dexter & Revenge. Although, I would not necessarily let a 12 & under year old person watch this. There is plenty of sex, violence, language, and drinking. While not overt, it can still be very strong at times. There were sometimes I gasped at a sex scene thinking, "OMG! This is ABC!!!" But if you are 13 years or older, you will be fine. Watch this show... You won't be sorry.....!!!!
Kid, 12 years old February 26, 2013

How mature is your child ?

Is is the most amazing show there was in the TV screens BUT really not something for MOST and must I stress most, because I am 12 and I watch this programme all the time and love it, I've got all the box sets lov and I'm a boy. The show includes S&M a naked nanny, drugs, pill addiction, adultery, embezzlement, gay discrimination, strong sexual talk, suicide, suicide attempt, blackmail, grisly strangulation scene, grisly burial scene, shootings, gun encouragement, antifreeze poisoning, very strong talk of drugs, strong language, and moderate sexual scenes, some episodes have hell of a lot of violence and some have none whatsoever, also there is a dead body in a freezer, a pedophile with disturbing and uncomfortable pictures of half naked boys and a kiddy trap filled with games and toys, there is also a strangulation scene that is very uncomeforbale to see, arson, bludgeoning of a wrench, bludgeoning of a candle stick and covers of murder. It all boils down to how mature your child is and how much of life they really understand because it isn't aimed at children I know that but I am like an adult in a child's body trust me. Hope this helps you moms
Kid, 12 years old January 29, 2013

So why can the children watch it

Tha is not for the kiddies in the first season there is S&M a naked nanny and a full on graphic suicide with a 38 smith and Wesson embezzlement and as I said some strong sexual content and some strong suicide content OH and let's not forget selling of a baby and then a very strong sight if a stabbing DONT LET YOU KIDS SEE THIS but I highly reccomend for the adults it is great !!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byjm97 October 14, 2012

DH not for young ones...

I enjoy this show, but it's probably better for older teens. There are a lot mature topics conveyed. I started watching when I was 12, and although it didn't really effect me, I wouldn't let my kids watch it at 12. 15 and up much better.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysydnisan August 27, 2012

It's really not that bad

I started watching this at twelve years old and I understood it perfectly, not to mention, I found it absolutely hilarious. My mom and I watch this together and I just love th mystery and intrigue of it all! I'm currently riveted to find out whether Danielle is safe from Matthew. There is a bit of sex (but a lot of it is done between married couples) and there's language etc. but amongst that, there are some good messages and great characters. Even Gabby has a good side. I would really recommend this!
Teen, 14 years old Written byBonesAndBooth1424 July 28, 2012

LOVE this show

This show is AMAZING. Brilliant, everyone should watch it. Common Sense Media needs to calm down, it's perfectly fine for teens. Its hilarious, yet full of mystery. I've gone through every episode multiple times and I never get bored of it.
Kid, 10 years old March 11, 2012

Okay, But Not For Kids

Its okay, but highly innapropiate! The promos they show on tv just come to show what kids shouldn't be watching. Its really addicting but to much suggestive dialogue and sex!
Parent Written byJustBritten October 3, 2011

Desperate Housewives is Fantastic!

I have been watching Desperate Housewives since the very first episode and I can tell you, it's more appropriate that half of the Television programs out there right now. It's more appropriate than most video games and certainly better than most movies aiming for teen viewers. So there is a little sexuality, language, etc involved. That's life and you'll see it everywhere. All in all, it's one of the best shows I have ever seen and I have fell in love with each and every character, plot and season. Definitely worth a look!
Teen, 13 years old Written byijustlovemovies September 28, 2011

AAAAAADDDDDIIIIICCCCCTTTTTIIIIINNNNNGGGGG

this is one extremely addictive show i just finished season four and i am looking forward to season five the sex is limited and the violence can get intense but still a great show
Kid, 12 years old August 29, 2011

Addicted at 12 years old.

I love this show; I'm completely addicted to the amazing story lines, the characters (not to mention Lynette, she's my favorite ^^) and the comedy of it all. My mum got me into this show; I'm now addicted. I suppose you adults think we 'children' cannot understand shows like 'this.' There is content maybe not suitable for some, but mature children (like me, I'm 12 years old and a huge fan of many movies 'not' for kids) it's a great show.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAli Adenwala June 9, 2011

Best Show Ever <3

Awesome show! Only thing to worry about is the sex but you can just skip that. :D
Parent of a 17 year old Written bykimo4fun May 13, 2011

housewives come in please

it's a good show that teaches and perpare kids for life and it's trobles so they won't fell in it again like the old ones but the sex is so strong that could have a bad inflence on the teenagers Thank you !!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bykunkofilms2 April 2, 2011

Good show

Really like it, not too bad for kids 11 or older.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymaturereviews March 11, 2011