All member reviews for Desperate Housewives

Kid, 11 years old April 6, 2010

Great for tweens and teens!

I'm 11 and desperate housewives is my fave programme! It's nice to try and figure out who you'r most alike and it shows what goes on behind closed doors! There is alot of violence in some episodes and barely any in others. Language isn't too bad but it is freequent. Messages are positive (especially in forgiveness). Great for tweens, teens and adults! (well, obviously adults!)
Teen, 14 years old Written bydr duck January 11, 2011

This ONLY happens on Desprate Housewives.

While it is mature, it isn't too bad for smart teens.
Teen, 14 years old Written byslasher23 September 5, 2010

some violent content.strong language.some drug use.graphic sexual content and some nudity.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymaypony23 December 28, 2009

I love this show i am 14. it depends on how mature your kids r like if they can handle it.i love mysteries, suspence,& soaps so this is a perfect show for me. it has a lot of sex & drinking(in fact one of the main characters is alcaholic( but at least she gets help!)) but it also teaches some good things(& alot of things to talk about with parents. overall i love this show!
Teen, 14 years old Written byanimallvr4 December 9, 2009

I love this show. I am a mature teen though. I think it is fine to watch if you are mature enough too, and if your parents approve.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymaturereviews March 11, 2011

Teen, 16 years old Written bymc2004 April 9, 2008

Amazing show

Before I begin, I would like to note that with the exception of two very sexual episodes, Desperate Housewives is rated TV-PG. Desperate Housewives is an absolutely addictive drama/comedy that has the whole country (myself included) wondering what will happen next. The show keeps you on the edge of your seat with darkly comedic moments, violent murders, risque sexual situations, and multi-layered plot lines. The show is by no means appropriate for children. But for adults and mature teens (I'd say 13 or 14 is a good starting age) this show deserves to be the phenomenon it has become.
Teen, 14 years old Written byploopy October 22, 2010

a great show for everyone

this is a great show! yeah ok maybe people have sex and lie and cheat and steal but its just a tv show. and if your mature enough its nothing you cant handle. its fun to watch so theres no point missing it if your ok with some adult situations. all the adults who think its too bad for kids to watch or whatever are just being little babies.
Kid, 12 years old October 21, 2009

It Really is "Desperately" Addictive

I love this show. Some characters aren't model people, but Lynette is a very good mother and cares deeply for her children, as do the other housewives.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTeen reviewer-1996 February 27, 2010

Perfect for mature teens!

This is a brilliant show, it is great for 13yrs + teens that are able to follow the story line and know that all that is shown is just a drama. The show actually does have episodes with beautiful messages, and some episodes are very heartfelt. Like the episodes in which the street faces a tornado or the previous one where they were hostages in a supermarket!! The messages at the end really taught me something. Also the humour is great. Although some skimpy outfits are shown, the kids that say for example, ' Oh I would never wear that...' those are the kids that really are mature enough and parents should trust them to watch this amazing show. I LOVE DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES!! :D
Teen, 13 years old Written byRockylover123 October 31, 2010

Teen, 13 years old Written byijustlovemovies September 28, 2011

AAAAAADDDDDIIIIICCCCCTTTTTIIIIINNNNNGGGGG

this is one extremely addictive show i just finished season four and i am looking forward to season five the sex is limited and the violence can get intense but still a great show
Teen, 17 years old Written bybabyg9311 October 3, 2010

not for kids but great for adults

amazing show! i love it!!! dont recommend it for children under 15. they will find it boring. and it is too grown up for them. im 17 and never miss an episode. i tune in every sunday to watch:)
Kid, 12 years old August 29, 2011

Addicted at 12 years old.

I love this show; I'm completely addicted to the amazing story lines, the characters (not to mention Lynette, she's my favorite ^^) and the comedy of it all. My mum got me into this show; I'm now addicted. I suppose you adults think we 'children' cannot understand shows like 'this.' There is content maybe not suitable for some, but mature children (like me, I'm 12 years old and a huge fan of many movies 'not' for kids) it's a great show.
Kid, 12 years old February 26, 2013

How mature is your child ?

Is is the most amazing show there was in the TV screens BUT really not something for MOST and must I stress most, because I am 12 and I watch this programme all the time and love it, I've got all the box sets lov and I'm a boy. The show includes S&M a naked nanny, drugs, pill addiction, adultery, embezzlement, gay discrimination, strong sexual talk, suicide, suicide attempt, blackmail, grisly strangulation scene, grisly burial scene, shootings, gun encouragement, antifreeze poisoning, very strong talk of drugs, strong language, and moderate sexual scenes, some episodes have hell of a lot of violence and some have none whatsoever, also there is a dead body in a freezer, a pedophile with disturbing and uncomfortable pictures of half naked boys and a kiddy trap filled with games and toys, there is also a strangulation scene that is very uncomeforbale to see, arson, bludgeoning of a wrench, bludgeoning of a candle stick and covers of murder. It all boils down to how mature your child is and how much of life they really understand because it isn't aimed at children I know that but I am like an adult in a child's body trust me. Hope this helps you moms
Teen, 14 years old Written byAli Adenwala June 9, 2011

Best Show Ever <3

Awesome show! Only thing to worry about is the sex but you can just skip that. :D
Teen, 15 years old Written byoliver29 April 9, 2008

i love this show!
Teen, 13 years old Written byalpha1014 December 29, 2008

Great show!

I suppose some of the content is iffy, but its a highly addictive interesting show overall. The child just has to understand that this is all just drama, not a way of life.

I love this show!!!

DH is one of the best shows on TV. That being said some parents may not like all the affairs and some other iffy content. It is important to know your kid, especially because the lines between right and wrong can get blurry. But if the child can handle it, I highly recomend this great show. 13+
Teen, 13 years old Written byx_SoM3_G!rL April 9, 2008

Boring,

My mom makes me watch this with her a lot. I have episodes of it on my iPod, ha ha. This show has no point and is just about running around naked and having sex with people who are not married to you.