All member reviews for Desperate Housewives

Desperately addictive, but majorly mature -- not for kids.

Teen, 15 years old Written byCalciano355 December 2, 2008
I have been watching this show since I was 11. Four years later I can honestly say it has had no negative impact on me whatsoever. I highley recommend it to anyone is is mature enough to follow the storlyline.

I love this show!!!

DH is one of the best shows on TV. That being said some parents may not like all the affairs and some other iffy content. It is important to know your kid, especially because the lines between right and wrong can get blurry. But if the child can handle it, I highly recomend this great show. 13+
Teen, 16 years old Written bymc2004 April 9, 2008

Amazing show

Before I begin, I would like to note that with the exception of two very sexual episodes, Desperate Housewives is rated TV-PG. Desperate Housewives is an absolutely addictive drama/comedy that has the whole country (myself included) wondering what will happen next. The show keeps you on the edge of your seat with darkly comedic moments, violent murders, risque sexual situations, and multi-layered plot lines. The show is by no means appropriate for children. But for adults and mature teens (I'd say 13 or 14 is a good starting age) this show deserves to be the phenomenon it has become.
Adult Written bytrishab April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written byoliver29 April 9, 2008
i love this show!
Adult Written bydjb952 April 9, 2008

It's all about sex

The title of my rating says it all. It totally makes a mockery of the sacred marriage relationship, to say nothing of the poor message and example it sends to young people.
Adult Written byChariot April 9, 2008

no way

Why would anyone watch this? stupid stupid stupid show all about cheating on your spouse and running around naked. huge waste of time.
Teen, 13 years old Written byx_SoM3_G!rL April 9, 2008

Boring,

My mom makes me watch this with her a lot. I have episodes of it on my iPod, ha ha. This show has no point and is just about running around naked and having sex with people who are not married to you.
Teen, 15 years old Written byrecycledair15 April 9, 2008

Awesome show...it will get you hooked!!

This show really gets you hooked once you watch it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byIceSk8er April 9, 2008

Yikes

I don't really like this show a lot, it's got a lot of sexual themes even though the story is good it's not really great for my age group
Adult Written byemessom April 9, 2008

a woman can relate

its not for kids but adults will ove it if you like drama.
Adult Written byaecdoglover April 9, 2008
Adult Written byhsmom4jc April 9, 2008

Housewives? Not THIS one!!

I pray that this show is NOT indicative to most housewives! It's so totally off the wall as to what goes on in the lives of those I know that it's ludicrous. We watched the premiere and one or two after that and it's now off limits. Housewives take enough bashing by those in the work force without adding this to it! Affairs, murder, burning each other's houses down, drugs, etc.? Most housewives I know are dealing with enough, trying to take care of the husbands, kids, houses, and bills. How in the world would we have time for any of this??
Teen, 15 years old Written bylostspaz18 April 9, 2008

Very addictive show!

Desperate Housewives is a great show. Though it has a lot of comic sexual situations along with some mild language and violence. It is a show to not be taken seriously, and that is where the true value is. Iffy for 13+
Adult Written bykadmarco April 9, 2008

desperate for this show.

I think it's a good show. It's very dramatical but it's still a good watch. IT just basicly displays how hard life can be. I have the entire first and second season on disk and an I love desperate housewives shirt.
Teen, 17 years old Written bygriff208 April 9, 2008

This Show stinkd

The Show is sick, and is only about sick people who cheat on their spouse and love doing immoral acts, No wonder society is the way it is if they love watching this crap,
Adult Written bymisledvampire April 9, 2008

Good show!

I've been watching this show since episode 1 and I love it! There is a bit of sex, and alot of skimpy clothing, but that's really nothing these days because you've all seen skimpy clothing before. The narrorator is a mother that had killed herself. If you are just now starting to watch the show I would suggest that you go and either buy or rent the rest of the seasons and watch them first because if you don't you will be very confused.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

I cried! I laughed!

desperate housewives is a fun show. I had a lot of fun watching it with my mom. But it can get violent but it really depends on the kid. Overall it is a petty good show.
Adult Written bysoymissk8 April 9, 2008