All member reviews for Desperate Housewives

Desperately addictive, but majorly mature -- not for kids.

Teen, 14 years old Written byslasher23 September 5, 2010
some violent content.strong language.some drug use.graphic sexual content and some nudity.
Kid, 12 years old August 29, 2011

Addicted at 12 years old.

I love this show; I'm completely addicted to the amazing story lines, the characters (not to mention Lynette, she's my favorite ^^) and the comedy of it all. My mum got me into this show; I'm now addicted. I suppose you adults think we 'children' cannot understand shows like 'this.' There is content maybe not suitable for some, but mature children (like me, I'm 12 years old and a huge fan of many movies 'not' for kids) it's a great show.
Educator and Parent Written byFosterFan September 2, 2011

Really very good show.

Desperate Housewives is a really very good dramedy about 4 women, their relationships, but, overall, their friendship. Sex and language make it a little unappropiate for girls & straight boys of less than 15 years old. But if you're OK with that, they're bound to have a good time.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byPatty101 July 7, 2009

Anyone over 10

I think its great. My 11 year old loves to watch it with me.
Adult Written byJaredsMine April 9, 2008

Best Show

I don't think there is anything wrong with this show. It's very funny and shows us what life is like in the suburbs. Even though this season Bree has had the drinking problem and was almost going to marry Goerge Willams. Until he commited sucide in the hotel room. And Gabrielle's boytoy John Rolling went away to collage. And she's now back with her husband. And stole the baby from the pregenant stripper. But I don't think the show is bad at all. And there are very, very, very few curse words. So I think it is an OK show for kids 12+ to watch.
Adult Written bygazb2 December 29, 2008

This is THE best show you will EVER watch !!!!!!!!!!

Desperate Housewives is simply the BEST show ever !!! It really does have every sort of drama you can think of .... a tornado, a hostage situation, gun shots, murder, affairs, EVERYTHING !! You should HONESTLY watch it .. you will NOT be disappointed !!
Adult Written byIngrid922 April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written byTeen reviewer-1996 February 27, 2010

Perfect for mature teens!

This is a brilliant show, it is great for 13yrs + teens that are able to follow the story line and know that all that is shown is just a drama. The show actually does have episodes with beautiful messages, and some episodes are very heartfelt. Like the episodes in which the street faces a tornado or the previous one where they were hostages in a supermarket!! The messages at the end really taught me something. Also the humour is great. Although some skimpy outfits are shown, the kids that say for example, ' Oh I would never wear that...' those are the kids that really are mature enough and parents should trust them to watch this amazing show. I LOVE DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES!! :D
Adult Written byemessom April 9, 2008

a woman can relate

its not for kids but adults will ove it if you like drama.
Adult Written byaecdoglover April 9, 2008
Parent of a 1 and 5 year old Written byjuleslb0610 April 9, 2008

Not a good family show

I don't think this is a show that is ok for kids to watch at all. It has very inappropriate material and has a terrible message on marriage and relationships.
Parent Written bymattbruns3 August 11, 2016

Not for kids

This is a show about women and affairs, cheating on husbands, etc. This deserves TV-14 and TV-MA. I don't even watch this show. I think its a bad show.
Teen, 17 years old Written byilovemoviesandtv June 10, 2016

You won't regret watching!

I began watching this show when I was 11 and I can't express how much I love it. The characters are so relatable (yes, housewives can relate to children) and SO real. It is funny, it is entertaining,it is real, it is everything I want in a TV show. I'm obsessed. Trust me, you won't regret watching this!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySjsj November 29, 2015

Shsshsjs

Snssjsjsj
Parent Written bypickleg November 29, 2015

WwwsQksmdk

Wisjmslwodksmswmwmwksjsjkskis Skeoks
Teen, 13 years old Written byThreeto20 October 19, 2014

Depends

I watched this show a little and honestly I wasn't worried about the sex or anything, I was more concerned that it's kinda scary... Suicides & violence & a lot of mystery stuff like that, if your kids are easily troubled it's not the best, but if you have kids that are mature, don't get scared and aren't easily influenced by people who, well, make bad decisions... Then it's fine. It's addictive btw
Kid, 12 years old June 7, 2014

Ok

It was good when it started. Me and my mom watched it until the last episode. She said at times it got boring. 1. Violence. They show some people murder other people or talk about violent things. 2. Sex. The Sex is a problem. My mom covered my eyes whenever a scene like that would happen to show. 3. Nakedness. Sometimes the characters get naked. In 'Dress Big' Edie was falling for Carlos, and realized she was a 'Party Girl'. So she decided to lose 'Party girl Edie.' Next part is graphic. She is taking off her clothes. 'The shirt she only wears because it shows off her cleavage. The skirt she wears because it makes her legs look long. The shoes... that she wears that make her legs look even longer.' I don't really remember the bra part well but it was this, I think: 'The bra that she wears that doesn't even hold up her chest nowadays. And the panties, that only cover her scar from C-Section.' Now she is naked and no longer "A party girl". Carlos hugs her and they have sex. Edie was still naked. When Lynette thought her cancer was coming back after she fainted in her tub Carlos found her and placed her in her bed. She was still naked too. Then, in 'The Art of making art' Susan was to draw the Nude form but couldn't control her laughter. So she had to paint naked to stop. She was cooking breakfast for Mike naked. Like, nothing on. Then she tried being naked to Stan but his mom arrives. When she finally goes to the class she is only wearing a small black caridgan. I don't even think she was wearing a bra or underwear. NO UNDERWEAR PEOPLE!
Teen, 15 years old Written byEthan J. September 2, 2013

Desperate Housewives

It is one of the best shows I have ever seen but I would caution parents with kids under 14. There is a lot of sex, affairs, murders, drinking, mature issues etc.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBradleyWeiss June 14, 2013

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES!!! :)

Desperate Housewives is among the most intriguing T.V shows ever made. Once you watch an episode, you simply cannot stop. This show has been my absolute favorite T.V show so far. Almost tied with Dexter & Revenge. Although, I would not necessarily let a 12 & under year old person watch this. There is plenty of sex, violence, language, and drinking. While not overt, it can still be very strong at times. There were sometimes I gasped at a sex scene thinking, "OMG! This is ABC!!!" But if you are 13 years or older, you will be fine. Watch this show... You won't be sorry.....!!!!
Kid, 12 years old February 26, 2013

How mature is your child ?

Is is the most amazing show there was in the TV screens BUT really not something for MOST and must I stress most, because I am 12 and I watch this programme all the time and love it, I've got all the box sets lov and I'm a boy. The show includes S&M a naked nanny, drugs, pill addiction, adultery, embezzlement, gay discrimination, strong sexual talk, suicide, suicide attempt, blackmail, grisly strangulation scene, grisly burial scene, shootings, gun encouragement, antifreeze poisoning, very strong talk of drugs, strong language, and moderate sexual scenes, some episodes have hell of a lot of violence and some have none whatsoever, also there is a dead body in a freezer, a pedophile with disturbing and uncomfortable pictures of half naked boys and a kiddy trap filled with games and toys, there is also a strangulation scene that is very uncomeforbale to see, arson, bludgeoning of a wrench, bludgeoning of a candle stick and covers of murder. It all boils down to how mature your child is and how much of life they really understand because it isn't aimed at children I know that but I am like an adult in a child's body trust me. Hope this helps you moms