All member reviews for Desperate Housewives

Desperately addictive, but majorly mature -- not for kids.

Teen, 14 years old Written byslasher23 September 5, 2010
some violent content.strong language.some drug use.graphic sexual content and some nudity.
Kid, 12 years old August 29, 2011

Addicted at 12 years old.

I love this show; I'm completely addicted to the amazing story lines, the characters (not to mention Lynette, she's my favorite ^^) and the comedy of it all. My mum got me into this show; I'm now addicted. I suppose you adults think we 'children' cannot understand shows like 'this.' There is content maybe not suitable for some, but mature children (like me, I'm 12 years old and a huge fan of many movies 'not' for kids) it's a great show.
Educator and Parent Written byFosterFan September 2, 2011

Really very good show.

Desperate Housewives is a really very good dramedy about 4 women, their relationships, but, overall, their friendship. Sex and language make it a little unappropiate for girls & straight boys of less than 15 years old. But if you're OK with that, they're bound to have a good time.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byPatty101 July 7, 2009

Anyone over 10

I think its great. My 11 year old loves to watch it with me.
Adult Written byJaredsMine April 9, 2008

Best Show

I don't think there is anything wrong with this show. It's very funny and shows us what life is like in the suburbs. Even though this season Bree has had the drinking problem and was almost going to marry Goerge Willams. Until he commited sucide in the hotel room. And Gabrielle's boytoy John Rolling went away to collage. And she's now back with her husband. And stole the baby from the pregenant stripper. But I don't think the show is bad at all. And there are very, very, very few curse words. So I think it is an OK show for kids 12+ to watch.
Adult Written bygazb2 December 29, 2008

This is THE best show you will EVER watch !!!!!!!!!!

Desperate Housewives is simply the BEST show ever !!! It really does have every sort of drama you can think of .... a tornado, a hostage situation, gun shots, murder, affairs, EVERYTHING !! You should HONESTLY watch it .. you will NOT be disappointed !!
Adult Written byIngrid922 April 9, 2008
Parent Written byJustBritten October 3, 2011

Desperate Housewives is Fantastic!

I have been watching Desperate Housewives since the very first episode and I can tell you, it's more appropriate that half of the Television programs out there right now. It's more appropriate than most video games and certainly better than most movies aiming for teen viewers. So there is a little sexuality, language, etc involved. That's life and you'll see it everywhere. All in all, it's one of the best shows I have ever seen and I have fell in love with each and every character, plot and season. Definitely worth a look!
Teen, 13 years old Written bykunkofilms2 April 2, 2011

Good show

Really like it, not too bad for kids 11 or older.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTeen reviewer-1996 February 27, 2010

Perfect for mature teens!

This is a brilliant show, it is great for 13yrs + teens that are able to follow the story line and know that all that is shown is just a drama. The show actually does have episodes with beautiful messages, and some episodes are very heartfelt. Like the episodes in which the street faces a tornado or the previous one where they were hostages in a supermarket!! The messages at the end really taught me something. Also the humour is great. Although some skimpy outfits are shown, the kids that say for example, ' Oh I would never wear that...' those are the kids that really are mature enough and parents should trust them to watch this amazing show. I LOVE DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES!! :D
Adult Written byemessom April 9, 2008

a woman can relate

its not for kids but adults will ove it if you like drama.
Adult Written byaecdoglover April 9, 2008
Parent of a 1 and 5 year old Written byjuleslb0610 April 9, 2008

Not a good family show

I don't think this is a show that is ok for kids to watch at all. It has very inappropriate material and has a terrible message on marriage and relationships.
Kid, 11 years old February 7, 2017

Really boring

I watched one season, just to try. B O R I N G Don't even try to watch it, cause you're gonna fall asleep. Some violence and sex in this BORING show.
Parent Written byMatt B. August 11, 2016

Not for kids

This is a show about women and affairs, cheating on husbands, etc. This deserves TV-14 and TV-MA. I don't even watch this show. I think its a bad show.
Teen, 17 years old Written byilovemoviesandtv June 10, 2016

You won't regret watching!

I began watching this show when I was 11 and I can't express how much I love it. The characters are so relatable (yes, housewives can relate to children) and SO real. It is funny, it is entertaining,it is real, it is everything I want in a TV show. I'm obsessed. Trust me, you won't regret watching this!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySjsj November 29, 2015

Shsshsjs

Snssjsjsj
Parent Written bypickleg November 29, 2015

WwwsQksmdk

Wisjmslwodksmswmwmwksjsjkskis Skeoks
Teen, 13 years old Written byThreeto20 October 19, 2014

Depends

I watched this show a little and honestly I wasn't worried about the sex or anything, I was more concerned that it's kinda scary... Suicides & violence & a lot of mystery stuff like that, if your kids are easily troubled it's not the best, but if you have kids that are mature, don't get scared and aren't easily influenced by people who, well, make bad decisions... Then it's fine. It's addictive btw
Kid, 12 years old June 7, 2014

Ok

It was good when it started. Me and my mom watched it until the last episode. She said at times it got boring. 1. Violence. They show some people murder other people or talk about violent things. 2. Sex. The Sex is a problem. My mom covered my eyes whenever a scene like that would happen to show. 3. Nakedness. Sometimes the characters get naked. In 'Dress Big' Edie was falling for Carlos, and realized she was a 'Party Girl'. So she decided to lose 'Party girl Edie.' Next part is graphic. She is taking off her clothes. 'The shirt she only wears because it shows off her cleavage. The skirt she wears because it makes her legs look long. The shoes... that she wears that make her legs look even longer.' I don't really remember the bra part well but it was this, I think: 'The bra that she wears that doesn't even hold up her chest nowadays. And the panties, that only cover her scar from C-Section.' Now she is naked and no longer "A party girl". Carlos hugs her and they have sex. Edie was still naked. When Lynette thought her cancer was coming back after she fainted in her tub Carlos found her and placed her in her bed. She was still naked too. Then, in 'The Art of making art' Susan was to draw the Nude form but couldn't control her laughter. So she had to paint naked to stop. She was cooking breakfast for Mike naked. Like, nothing on. Then she tried being naked to Stan but his mom arrives. When she finally goes to the class she is only wearing a small black caridgan. I don't even think she was wearing a bra or underwear. NO UNDERWEAR PEOPLE!