All member reviews for Dexter

Bloody drama for adults only -- we mean it!

Teen, 17 years old Written bywillzwire April 9, 2008

based on a book. usually that says enough for a show. but this series is amazing i just love it. it gets kinda mature at times with the whole killing and the free-flying language, and sexual content, but i got hooked and i cant get enough of it. for kids or teens, id say watch it with the 'rents. i do. and they like the show as much as i do. the parents may want to talk to their kids about why dexter kills people and it makes him look good, but who am i to tell parents how to raise their kids
Adult Written bysistergirl April 9, 2008

I was Completely Intrigued

This show pulled me in during the intro. It is creatively written and acted out. All of the characters were well developed. I was most fascinated by Dexter, such an unusual character, his life and the interesting twists to the stories. I couldn't wait for the next episode. Yes, it has a lot of violence, but for shear entertainment, this show offers the goods.
Adult Written bykrystalhaze April 9, 2008

Intriguing Cable Series

First off, this is a great show for those who appreciate complex, interesting characters. To me, the characters and their journeys are what this show is truly about. Dexter, the closeted, vigilante serial killer who happens to also work for the Miami PD as a blood spatter analyst, is one of the most twisted yet likable characters on TV right now. (Never thought I'd actually root for a serial killer.) Second, there's a reason that this is a cable series. It does have a significant amount of violence, hard language and other adult content. I would not recommend this show for anyone under 17. Third, if you happen to have Showtime On Demand and haven't seen the series before, its worth going back and watching it from the first episode. (If not, the first season is on DVD a would be good rental for a rainy weekend.) The writers did a great job of slowly revealing the history of Dexter to compliment the main plot line within the first season. I had several, OMG moments while watching due to the creative twists. All in all, this is a great series for adults who aren't too squimish or easily offended and can appreciate thoughtful character development.

Great show.

This is what gore happy fans of Saw want:a show with wit,a message and a playful sense of humor through blood and killing.As much as I enjoy this show(I watch it,sue me)I cannot recommended it to any kid who doesn't have a strong stomach or can't handle naughty words.I'm going to be honest,I think this show is great. So,if you think you're kids,if they're 12 or older can handle this I say let them watch it once,if they don't like it,well problem solved.Great show.

Best show on television!

This is the greatest show ever! However I am not happy with how this show was reviewed by CS. They said he kills theifs and pedofiles when he only kills murderers.Plus they think that Hannible and American Psycho which are much more violent and demented. Overall its a great show watch it on shotime and CBS sunday @ 10/9c.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008