All member reviews for Dexter's Laboratory

Dexter and pals use science to set iffy examples.

Teen, 17 years old Written byAmanda Please September 25, 2011

Stop tearing apart a great show.

Seriously, you people are ridiculous. All my childhood shows are being torn apart, criticized, and hated on. No offense, but you wouldn't understand the show unless you were a 90's kid. I grew up with this show, among others, and I LOVED it. Still love it, to this day. I'll go on Youtube every now and then to watch another episode. Yeah, okay, it's not educational. It's a bit violent, somewhat weird, but you can't deny that it's entertaining. I would stay up/wake up early to watch this show when I was a kid, and even the episodes that seemed a little stupid/pointless I still enjoyed watching. Honestly, it's not a bad show. My childhood was based on this show, yet I'm not in any way violent or rule-breaking--I'm just me. If your kid turns out evil because of the cartoon...well, then something's wrong with your kid. Every person I know who was a fan of the show such as myself are completely normal people; back then, us children knew that Dexter's Laboratory wasn't promoting violence...we knew it was for entertainment purposes only. Personally, I miss the show. I know it's on Boomerang, but there's no way I can stay up till 3 AM to watch it. So, if it's on, don't worry; it's totally fine for kids. Maybe not the three year olds and under but 5-7 should be okay.
Teen, 14 years old Written byInvader_Zib March 23, 2009

Cartoon Network- YU ARE "GENIUS"!

I love yur animation style and humor! Nick can only DREAM of being as great as you are! And, in my opinion, NICK COPIED YU!!!! DEXTER IS WAAAAY BETTER THAN JIMMY NEUTRON!!! ~InvaderZib~(THE ALIEN LOVE CHILD!)
Teen, 13 years old Written bythe Liberator August 17, 2009

the expression on my picture explains all

I Love Dexters Laboratory when i was really really small it was one of my favorite shows i just loved how big and shiny his lab was i thought it was a great cartoon plus..... HOW CAN U GUYS GIVE DEXTERS LABORATORY 2 STARS!?!! thats insane i think anyone 4 and up can watch it not the insanely high 9+ rating.. insane also i have no concerns i think its not scary sexy or any of that bad stuff
Kid, 11 years old November 9, 2011

I'm glad Cartoon Network made this show!!!!!!

This is one of the best Cartoon Cartoons in the bag! Sure, it could contain a little bit of cartoon violence and words like "idiot" and "stupid", but if you wanna watch something that's less appropriate than this, go watch "South Park"! It was a little heartbreaking when it ended originally on 1998, but at least the renewed the epic show in 2001. This is part of my top 10 favorite cartoons of all time... 10: Rugrats 9: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic 8: 2 Stupid Dogs 7: Powerpuff Girls 6: Dexter's Laboratory 5: Adventure Time 4: Rocko's Modern Life 3: CatDog 2: Regular Show 1: SpongeBob SquarePants I even got the season 1 DVD, but it wasn't easy.
Kid, 9 years old April 2, 2011

Boy Genius filled with fun for family, but iffy messages for kids.

Dexter, is a boy genius who has a secret lab that nobody knows about except his annoying sister, Dee Dee.In his laboratory, Dexter makes experiments such as building a giant robot, and while he has his own enemy, Mandark.This is one of the most well-known Cartoon Network originals, and the show isn't even bad.Violence: Plenty of cartoon violence with the Tom and Jerry kind of weapons.There's some fighting, but the violence is not too violent, just very iffy for young viewers.Sex:Rare.One episode, Dexter's mom and dad kiss.Other episodes, Dexter is shown naked (His butt can be seen, but very rarely).The name calling is on this show, but it's mostly ''Stupid'' and ''Idiot''.Drinking:One episode.It's pretty mild and once again, it's rare.The animation is really nice, it is totally a classic, really original.Be careful of it's TV-G rating.The rating is more of a TV-Y7-FV or TV-Y7 kind of rating.Dexter is similar to Jimmy Neutron, but on the other hand, He (And his sister Dee Dee) are bad role models.Currently, the show is playing on Boomerang every weeknight at 9:30p.A very great classic, if you can, check it out.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMarioMii December 30, 2010

A lot of original episodes can be weird, but some back-up segments are OK

Nothing educational. Dexter is smart in the wrong ways. He kicks cans with toxic liquid, has a beard pulling contest, and made his sister's voice so deep which is a weird thing. The back-up segments called "The Justice Friends" and "Dial-M for Monkey" have some, but not all of the episodes that are just OK. It is a classic that appears on Boomerang because this TV show is now over 10 years old, but the humans can be pretty violent. There is one thing that I should not call my family members or friends and that word is called "stupid".
Teen, 14 years old Written byturyalkhan August 14, 2011

Adult Humour

as it is good as any other show on boomerang,the show contains some adult humor but the production team try to hide it in a cleverway so this should be 5+
Teen, 15 years old Written byHTFMime January 13, 2011

Beware there is one bad episode I know that might be too scary for kids which is "Hamhocks and Armlocks".

The Hamhocks and Armlocks episode is a bad episode for young children because it contains too much violence, scariness and has too many people smoking and drinking in it and also I believe they used the word "idiot"! This episode should had been banned it is too much for young children too much violence and drugs in it. Overall good show I used to watch it when I was little but my mom would let me watch Hamhocks and Armlocks episode.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydagnytheartist January 18, 2011

This show isn't bad. I've watched some old episodes on the internet. But this was back in the time of "the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy" (and I think it was by the same creators) so it's got some things people never show today (example; they show Dexter's butt when he is turned around dancing in the shower) This is not a Dora. You don't come to this show for learning, you come to have a good time watching a cartoon.
Kid, 12 years old November 20, 2010

Pretty Cool

I like the show. Funny too.
Teen, 17 years old Written byMinnericht July 13, 2010

Nostalgia speaking, but this show rocks.

This show was the bomb, It's smart and has plenty of action for boys. (Who I find are typical fans.) And it depicts things such as being a social outcast, failure, patriotism, true friends. There's all sorts of stuff here. - Watch it yourself if you're really concerned with what your kid watches. But this is on boomerang for a reason now, It's got old elements of Looney Tunes such as the violence and insults (Dexter's penchant for slurring 'Stuuuuuupid') are things that animators would be scared to death of putting on the tube today. But Dexter's Lab has something that is also important, character. There are actual characters there that you began to care about, and they weren't just blobs of characters with absolutely no personality like today.
Adult Written byutonium4 April 9, 2008

A SHow that Encourages Brains over Brawn

Again, I am shocked at the official review posted by common sense media. Dexter's Lab puts a scientific spin on sibling rivalry between supergenius baby brother Dexter and his flitty, dense and intruse sister DeeDee. What is refreshing about Dexter's lab is the acceptance of difference, the honest depiction of social ostracism felt by gifted kids and,ultimately, the emphasis put on the power of knowledge. Although Dexter is a social misfit, in his lab he is the king and his mind opens up a plethora of mazing experiences for him. DeeDee, although pretty, popular and fun, has a much less exciting, mindlful exsistence. Spirituality, scientific ethics, pacificsm and patriotism are all themes explored frequently, among others. While I don't allow my kids to use cruel words to eatch ther, I refuse to allow the word "stupid" to become an obsenity, therefore I take no issue with it. A simple reminder to my little ones, such as "Its funny the way Dexter says "stupid" but its not very nice in the real world," has kept any verbal atrocitiies in my home to the minimum. I say sit back with your kids and watch a few episodes onDemand and the family will surely have a great time laughing together.
Parent of a 12, 14, and 15 year old Written bycheesed12 August 27, 2010

Dexter's Laboratory is a TV-Y7-FV rated choice for kids ages 10 and up.,The episodes should be rated TV-Y7-FV and TV-PG-V
Teen, 14 years old Written byichigohikaru July 22, 2010

A very entertaining show for young and old. Dexter is a genius that might be a great role model for your kids!
Kid, 11 years old November 13, 2010

A Fine Show

Not all shows have to have some sort of big moral to them. This show is one of the great Cartoon Network classics that I always pair with their other genius products such the Powerpuff Girls, Samurai Jack, Ed, Edd, N' Eddy, Courage the Cowardly Dog, and- yes, Codename: Kids Next Door.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFrylock September 10, 2010

Not that good.

It's a classic, but it's not very good.
Kid, 12 years old July 26, 2010

Winner's Laboratory

This is a very funny and sometimes educational show. It really makes me wonder why this thing was canceled and got 2 stars on this site. It's a classic show.
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 16, 2012

Interesting stuff!

Dexter's Laboratory was such an addictive cartoon! Funny,creative,and colorful! Now CSM,I accept your opinion,but you guys are wrong! It should have 4! If you have no clue what i'm talking about,check the reviews! Kids section has a 4 star quality,and the adults section has a 5 star quality.I've said this once,and i'll say it again,YOU GUYS HAVE HORRIBLE TASTE!
Kid, 11 years old August 22, 2009

Kid, 10 years old July 31, 2009

Good

It is really good but one episode features Dexter naked and shows his tush. Other than that it's fine.