All member reviews for Dinosaur Train

Young dino's travels teach kids about science and diversity.

Teen, 14 years old Written byHTFMime November 3, 2010

Good show but might not be too apporite for 2 year olds.

Now, this show is good but there was one bad episode I saw with my 2 year old sister and my 5 year old cousin called "Dinosaur poop", made me sick to my stomach and my 2 year old sister was confused but my 5 year old cousin was not bother by that. But that episode made me freaking sick and really confused my sister. So this show is fine but dont watch that "Dinosaur poop" episode unless your child is over 3.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byjacksmom16 January 8, 2010

I LOVE THIS SHOW... as does my 2 yr old son. I hope they make some DVDs/ toys soon!!!
Parent Written byStayatHomeDad June 10, 2011

What happened to "All GODS creatures"/

I love this show and so does my 8month old, as soon as he hears the opening song he turns towards the TV and starts bouncing. However, I noticed this morning that the mother does not say "We are all GODS creatures" in the opening song. That bothers me VERY much.
Parent of a 2 and 3 year old Written bymom2jacknjoey January 14, 2010

Wonderful Educational show for Pre-schoolers!

My 3 year old boy LOVES this show and has learned so much dinosaurs (as have I). My 2 year old also likes, more because it is colorful and has fun songs. It is mostly over his head, but my 3 year understands most of it and tells us all about dinosaurs, knows which ones are herbivores, carnivores and omnivores (and proudly annouces that he is an omnivore!) It has also helped me learn how to pronouce many of the dinosaur names that I struggle with while reading dinosaur books to my children.
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written byCountryMom27 May 9, 2010

Wonderful show for 3-5 year olds, great values, non-violent

Great show - my four year old's favorite. My six year old finds it boring but will watch it as a compromise. The premise is sweet - a mother dinosaur finds an extra egg that hatches with a different-looking dinosaur, but she declares it's hers in every way and she'll love the boy as her own. Then the kids find themselves with a question that the mom and dad answer by traveling through time on the dinosaur train. Great premise, terrific educational value, and great overall family values. Now if we could have an older kid version about dinosaurs that was also ad free, that would be even better!
Parent of a 2 year old Written byjbsiiter April 21, 2011

Excellent Show!

Best show for preschoolers! Even though my daughter is too young to say 'corinthasaurus' it still holds her attention. Not too flashy, fun music, educational and the best part? My husband and I love to watch it too! I wish I could find more shows like this!
Parent of a 2 year old Written byjameehubbard January 15, 2010

teaches kids to accept differences in people and more

I was skeptical but started watching it with my 2 1/2 year old son who loves it. I really love this show for the following reasons: 1) encourages kids to accept peers (and family members) that may be different from them, for example Buddy is not the same species as his brothers and sisters 2) does a great job of explaining new terms, such as "herbivore," and again expresses how animals can be different from each other (herbivore versus carnivore versus omnivore) 3) as the review says, it also teaches patience. All the adult dinos are patient, and they teach the kids to be that way, too.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byACabral7805 March 16, 2010

Prefect for Preschoolers!

I love this show- it is every kids dreams- the combination of trains and dinosaurs which are 2 things my 3 year old loves. Some of it might be a bit over a 2 year old's head but they can still enjoy the show. My 3 yr old daughter has learned the names of all different dinosaurs and some facts about them thanks to this show.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byKick_Kiki April 1, 2011

Content more for kindergarden age...

The show is educational when it comes to content on the "dinosaur-era" and such. What I like are the excerpts after each segment with the palentologist explaining a few key things about the dinosaur or plant highlighted in the episode. It may be a bit much to take in for those younger than kindergarden age content-wise, but the style of animation and characters seem geared more towards the preschool and younger age. My son is 3 and loves the show for the dinosaurs, their games and of course the train. He seems to enjoy learning the different names of the dinosaurs, but I'm not sure he thoroughly understands all the details and such. On the "dinosaur poop" epsiode, we have yet to come across that one ourselves, but I have a bit of an idea of what it may be about and I'm wondering why anyone would be seriously freaking out about it. Some people worry about an episode as such, but not about reading a book about little kids going potty or explaining to their child about "poop" when it comes to potty training. It's all a part of life people.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAwesome_O October 10, 2010

Out. Of. Your. Minds.

Has anyone seen the episode 'Dinosaur Poop!' out of the reviewers? That episode would get this rating, however I'd say other episodes are okay but boring for kids over 5.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDominicboo1 May 27, 2011

Ride The Dinosaur Train

I admit I had a much more strict review before, but now I realize it's educational and suitable for all ages. Some minor laughs for adults like an Elvis impersonating dinosaur. The show is cuter than Sid the Science Kid by far.
Parent Written byJeflau February 2, 2011

Both my kids loved watching this show. The oldest has just turned away from it now (he is 7) and that is only because he hasn't seen anything new lately.
Parent of a 2, 4, and 4 year old Written byCourtneyB January 19, 2010

Don't like the evolution tid bits thrown in after each section.
Kid, 9 years old July 28, 2010

children under 4 are scared of dinosaurs

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH OOOOOOOOH OOOOH OH OH OH oH oh this is innaproppraite for the older kids for ages 4-6 it is ranked on my top 5 worst shows in the universe as #4 #5 dora the explorer #3 specail agent oso #2 sesame street #1 barney and friends
Parent of a 5 and 9 year old Written bythe social netw... March 24, 2011

Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written byStylinworkinmon March 17, 2011

My whole family loves this show!

My 4 yr old son has been watching this show for over a year. They teach such great scientific concepts in a language preschoolers can understand. I have a 1 1/2 year old girl who loves the music in the opening scene. Some of the shows have dancing/singing segments that she watches. I sit down and am captivated by the material and have learned new things!
Teen, 14 years old Written byOMGCatXD March 24, 2013

Not bad

It's not that bad, it's educational, mostly repetitive and predictive, (sometimes), but interesting! I learned about many varieties of dinosaurs and I learn some vocab, Okay, but it's kind of boring, it's not that humorous, I think they should have more funny skits, a time tunnel that sends them to the modern era, and an April Fools episode. The dinosaur poop episode was weird too. Its pretty fictional, you know it's not real. I like how they combined the things too, but sadly, it appeals more to boys, and I'd categorize this 3-7. I just wish Craig Bartlett would stick to Hey Arnold..
Teen, 13 years old Written byBobbaFett3113 September 6, 2012

Wonderful Show

This is a good educational show for the younger children, but everyone will be engaged by it. it tells a lot about the dinosaurs of different times, but not so it will be confusing. I don't know what other reveiwers are talking about when they bash this show. it's for kids, not teenagers so don't call it boring.
Teen, 15 years old Written byfould12 August 10, 2011

Corny

I watched the show a little, very corny, it's mind numbing, best to get your kids on something more educational and closer to what real kids would do.
Parent of a 3 year old Written bylutheranmommy November 2, 2010

Love it - Everyone should give it a try!!!!!

Love this - I have a 3 year old and within 2 months of wathing an say just about any dinosaur name and an tell people different from leaf and meat eaters and which dinosaurs eat what. Also has messages about basic toddler show stuff like sharing and what not. Also is a postive model for adopted children because the main haracter, Buddy the t-rex, is adopted by a pteradon family and talks about being different and how its cool. Also has great music - mix between johnny cash and elvis. Very enjoyable for parents and has a real palentologist talking at the end explaining different things. Very good on science education - especially for environment, animal, and family participation topics.