Young dino's travels teach kids about science and diversity.

Kid, 12 years old November 29, 2015

Stupid as heck.

I hate it, but not as atrocious as that pile of crap kids call Barney. The CGI sucks, the characters smile the majority of the show, and they talk to fricking strangers. Yours, Goatworlds.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMrMovieBuff June 19, 2013

Boring show.

What is wrong with this show? It is so dumb. The "plot" is a bunch of dinosaurs traveling through time on a train. Wow, how unrealistic can you get? I hate Dinosaur Train! It's boring, unrealistic, dumb, and annoying.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byjessianne57 November 14, 2009

Very Cute Cartoon

My 4 year old daughter loves this show and I like it too. After watching several episodes my daughter and I can name many species of dinosaurs. I can watch other dinosaur movies such as Jurasic Park and know what species I am seeing. My daughter can name species such as Giginotosauras and Ornithamimus, all spelled incorrectly by me I am sure. Anyway this show is the cutest. One adults as well as children will enjoy.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byConnors mom November 7, 2009

Great educational show for all ages

My 3 yr old son LOVES Dinosaur Train!! Helearns so much from the show about dinosaurs and is entertained by the show. Hoping for some Dinosaur Train toys to come out before Christmas!!
Parent of a 2 and 2 year old Written bytorip211 November 3, 2009

love it

We love it.. my son picks it over every other show he watches.. My husband was upset when he went to watch with us and it was a rerun. The only question I would have is when will the make dvd's? and my son's b-day is coming up in Janurary and I was wondering if they were going to make party supplies?
Parent of an infant and 2 year old Written bysgm12345 October 31, 2009

Perfect for all ages! The best of the best!

Dinosaur Train is a family favorite!
Parent of an infant and 2 year old Written bywinkler23 October 8, 2009

educational and fun

We love this show and my 2yr 10month old adores it and has learned a lot about dinosaurs from it. It makes learning fun!
Adult Written byLowe's man December 14, 2016

Dinosaur Train is the greatest!

So Buddy says in a promo. His mother says, "You can say that again", to which Buddy again says, "Dinosaur Train is the greatest!" At that point all the dinos laugh in agreement. But Dinosaur Train really is the greatest! While there are a couple negative reviews, those are outliers, as almost all the reviews are positive. I'd never seen this show until now, but I wanted to see who's right. The positives are right. This series introduces its young viewers to scientific thinking and to basic facts about various species of dinosaurs (something even adults could learn from!). Not to be outdone, prosocial lessons are taught too. For example, in one episode Shiny wanted to be the leader and acted very bossy. By episode's end she learned what being a leader is truly all about- respecting others, letting everyone have a voice, being a good listener, etc. Additionally, tolerance, respect for differences and finding commonalities are givens and are not done with heavy-handed lessons. Moreover, the paleontologist who comes on at the end of every episode looks, acts and talks normally, not stereotypically. In other words, he contradicts the stereotype of people who go into science, which is a good thing, especially given the age group this series is aimed at. He also does a fine job at reinforcing the concepts learned in the show. At least 2 of Jim Henson's children work on this show. It seems that they took what they learned from SESAME STREET and their involvement with the show as children and have improved and expanded on it. Their father would be proud. All preschoolers (and everyone, really) should catch a ride on the Dinosaur Train!
Adult Written byRecessGymClass2 November 25, 2016

Oh no, this is just, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, holy crap. This is the 2nd worst PBS Kids show ever. OK, so let's begin the review. The CGI is ugly. Barely any color and the characters look so ugly. The way they look, I just want to gouge out my eyeballs. The character movements are really bad, and the character eyes are hideous. The concept is just stupid. Dinosaurs on a train? Really? That is just lazy. 'Nuff said. I remember one day I was babysitting, I had to watch an episode called Dinosaur Poop. They literally talked about, you guessed it... a dinosaur's sh*t. Not a good subject for kids to talk about a dinosaur's poop. Fr*ckin' nasty! You know, this show actually teaches kids inaccurate facts. The say that T-Rexes were herbivores, no they were Carnivores. Children are probably going to buy it, and just like I said with another awful PBS Kids show, WordWorld, on my old account, it will make kids fail in school. I should know, I am an Elementary School teacher. The theme song is annoying. The lyrics REALLY try too hard, and the music is just lackluster banjo music. The voices are really annoying and make my ears bleed. 'Nuff said The show itself is UNBELIEVABLY boring. It has put me to sleep many times. In addition to an Elementary School teacher, I also babysit a lot, and i've watched this show with many kids, and a lot of kids hated it. It does not surprise me at all. Overall, I was so overthrilled when they stopped this show at only 4 seasons. I was not surprised though.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byLaurel I. November 6, 2016

Educational, relational, fun

Really sweet show! I love that there's a Mom and a dad, lessons about baby dinosaurs, all the features of different species, real life things such as Dino poop! I find a lot of kids shows don't have any emotion or affection, and I love how this show shows the dinos caring about each other. It's my favorite show to let me 2.5 year old son watch and he loves the songs and stories.
Adult Written byTyrannosaurus R. October 21, 2016

So inaccurate

All of the Dino's in this show are inaccurate. Most of the dinosaurs in the show are not real. There is no such think as a Troodon, Kosmoceratops, and Daspletosaurus. Pteranodon isn't real and it is a dinosaur. The water dinosaurs in the show are not real. Most of the dinosaurs are not real. Why is there no caveman, saber tooth tigers, and woolly mammoths in the show as they lived in the Jurassic Age. T-Rex fought Stegosaurus. The only dinosaurs that are real is T-Rex, Triceratops, Stegosaurus, Brontosaurus, Velociraptor, Pterodactyl (not a Pteranodon and it is a dinosaur), Hadrosaur (not Parasaurolophus), Plesiosaur (not Elasmosaurus and it is a dinosaur), Dimetrodon (is a dinosaur), Spinosaurus, Ankylosaur, and Carnosaurus. Also in the Jurassic age, there are caveman, saber tooth tigers, and woolly mammoths. Why is there mud instead of tar pit. Tar pits are at the dinosaur age.
Kid, 12 years old October 9, 2016

What?

They are ride on train with dinosaurs?! And they are so ugly, also they are so annoying to me!
Parent Written bySeamstressMomma May 17, 2016

A fun show about dinosaurs!

I hated this show when I first found it, mostly because of the "rawk!" at the end of nearly every pteranodon sentence. Once I got past that, I found the show had not only a great message about human life, but I was learning about different types of dinosaurs. My two year old likes the show, which is what caused me to give it a chance. I'm glad I did!
Teen, 14 years old Written by13ki January 1, 2013

It's ok. I only hate the episode "Dinosaur Poop"

Parent of a 3 year old Written bylutheranmommy November 2, 2010

Love it - Everyone should give it a try!!!!!

Love this - I have a 3 year old and within 2 months of wathing an say just about any dinosaur name and an tell people different from leaf and meat eaters and which dinosaurs eat what. Also has messages about basic toddler show stuff like sharing and what not. Also is a postive model for adopted children because the main haracter, Buddy the t-rex, is adopted by a pteradon family and talks about being different and how its cool. Also has great music - mix between johnny cash and elvis. Very enjoyable for parents and has a real palentologist talking at the end explaining different things. Very good on science education - especially for environment, animal, and family participation topics.
Parent Written byjonnysmom2007 September 16, 2010

Great show for everybody!

It is a great show for your young child. Very educational, and enjoyable to watch. My son (who is 2 years old) goes around talking about triceratops, t-rexs, and herbivores. And he can identify a lot of the other herbivores and carnivores too. I'd say this is great for any age kid, but the younger ones will probably like it the most. And for the parents, its not annoying to watch with your child either, like so many cartoons these days are.
Parent of an infant and 3 year old Written byrlm10706 September 13, 2010

Teaches big words!

My 3 1/2 knows what the difference between a carnivore and an omnivore is, and can even tell me which dinosaurs eat what. He also trys to say the dinosaur names which is very cute!
Parent of a 2 year old Written byOlyfoodies August 25, 2010

Very educational

Very educational for the whole family. My son loves it. I've learned a ton of dinosaurs from watching
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written bySunnye June 5, 2010
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written byCountryMom27 May 9, 2010

Wonderful show for 3-5 year olds, great values, non-violent

Great show - my four year old's favorite. My six year old finds it boring but will watch it as a compromise. The premise is sweet - a mother dinosaur finds an extra egg that hatches with a different-looking dinosaur, but she declares it's hers in every way and she'll love the boy as her own. Then the kids find themselves with a question that the mom and dad answer by traveling through time on the dinosaur train. Great premise, terrific educational value, and great overall family values. Now if we could have an older kid version about dinosaurs that was also ad free, that would be even better!