All member reviews for Dinosaur Train

Young dino's travels teach kids about science and diversity.

Parent of a 5 and 9 year old Written bythe social netw... March 24, 2011

Parent Written byJeflau February 2, 2011

Both my kids loved watching this show. The oldest has just turned away from it now (he is 7) and that is only because he hasn't seen anything new lately.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHTFMime November 3, 2010

Good show but might not be too apporite for 2 year olds.

Now, this show is good but there was one bad episode I saw with my 2 year old sister and my 5 year old cousin called "Dinosaur poop", made me sick to my stomach and my 2 year old sister was confused but my 5 year old cousin was not bother by that. But that episode made me freaking sick and really confused my sister. So this show is fine but dont watch that "Dinosaur poop" episode unless your child is over 3.
Parent of a 3 year old Written bylutheranmommy November 2, 2010

Love it - Everyone should give it a try!!!!!

Love this - I have a 3 year old and within 2 months of wathing an say just about any dinosaur name and an tell people different from leaf and meat eaters and which dinosaurs eat what. Also has messages about basic toddler show stuff like sharing and what not. Also is a postive model for adopted children because the main haracter, Buddy the t-rex, is adopted by a pteradon family and talks about being different and how its cool. Also has great music - mix between johnny cash and elvis. Very enjoyable for parents and has a real palentologist talking at the end explaining different things. Very good on science education - especially for environment, animal, and family participation topics.
Kid, 9 years old October 18, 2010

my brother likes this

theres nothing else to say just watch it
Parent Written byjonnysmom2007 September 16, 2010

Great show for everybody!

It is a great show for your young child. Very educational, and enjoyable to watch. My son (who is 2 years old) goes around talking about triceratops, t-rexs, and herbivores. And he can identify a lot of the other herbivores and carnivores too. I'd say this is great for any age kid, but the younger ones will probably like it the most. And for the parents, its not annoying to watch with your child either, like so many cartoons these days are.
Parent of an infant and 3 year old Written byrlm10706 September 13, 2010

Teaches big words!

My 3 1/2 knows what the difference between a carnivore and an omnivore is, and can even tell me which dinosaurs eat what. He also trys to say the dinosaur names which is very cute!
Parent of a 2 year old Written byOlyfoodies August 25, 2010

Very educational

Very educational for the whole family. My son loves it. I've learned a ton of dinosaurs from watching
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written bySunnye June 5, 2010

Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written byCountryMom27 May 9, 2010

Wonderful show for 3-5 year olds, great values, non-violent

Great show - my four year old's favorite. My six year old finds it boring but will watch it as a compromise. The premise is sweet - a mother dinosaur finds an extra egg that hatches with a different-looking dinosaur, but she declares it's hers in every way and she'll love the boy as her own. Then the kids find themselves with a question that the mom and dad answer by traveling through time on the dinosaur train. Great premise, terrific educational value, and great overall family values. Now if we could have an older kid version about dinosaurs that was also ad free, that would be even better!
Parent of a 3 year old Written byhaloudi April 9, 2010

My son loves Dinasaur Train, but I feel it is too much for him. I don't know if using Dinasaurs as some life illustrations is a good idea! I feel it odd, but he likes the train and ALL ABOARD shout! sometimes after that part he leaves the room and I turn off the TV, he does not even care.
Adult Written byangelascats March 25, 2010

Sweet show.

I think this show is adorable. When I first saw previews for it, I thought it would be really bad, but when I actually watched it I liked it. I'm 21 and I'm learning things about dinosaurs from it. The messages are good too, all about friendship and self-esteem and stuff. I think it's a nice show. The only thing that bothers me (and it's not a big deal or anything) is that they don't explain how Buddy ended up in their nest. Did his parents just drop him off in a random nest? I want to know what's up with that.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byACabral7805 March 16, 2010

Prefect for Preschoolers!

I love this show- it is every kids dreams- the combination of trains and dinosaurs which are 2 things my 3 year old loves. Some of it might be a bit over a 2 year old's head but they can still enjoy the show. My 3 yr old daughter has learned the names of all different dinosaurs and some facts about them thanks to this show.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bylilmoma07 March 5, 2010

Awesome show for ALL young kids

My 2 1/2 year just LOVES this show he hears the theme song and drops EVERYTHING!, and RUNS for the couch!!!! He goes to bed at night talking about taking a ride on the dinosaur train and mommy "gets tickets". Great show and HIGHLY recommend it.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byjameehubbard January 15, 2010

teaches kids to accept differences in people and more

I was skeptical but started watching it with my 2 1/2 year old son who loves it. I really love this show for the following reasons: 1) encourages kids to accept peers (and family members) that may be different from them, for example Buddy is not the same species as his brothers and sisters 2) does a great job of explaining new terms, such as "herbivore," and again expresses how animals can be different from each other (herbivore versus carnivore versus omnivore) 3) as the review says, it also teaches patience. All the adult dinos are patient, and they teach the kids to be that way, too.
Parent of a 2 and 3 year old Written bymom2jacknjoey January 14, 2010

Wonderful Educational show for Pre-schoolers!

My 3 year old boy LOVES this show and has learned so much dinosaurs (as have I). My 2 year old also likes, more because it is colorful and has fun songs. It is mostly over his head, but my 3 year understands most of it and tells us all about dinosaurs, knows which ones are herbivores, carnivores and omnivores (and proudly annouces that he is an omnivore!) It has also helped me learn how to pronouce many of the dinosaur names that I struggle with while reading dinosaur books to my children.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBabygirl116911 December 26, 2009

My sister loves this show she always tell me to tern on the dinosaur train.
Parent Written byaimless1 December 10, 2009

LOVE Dinosaur Train!!

My 4 year old is in love with this show. It is one of the best kid shows I have seen, by far. The characters are cute and don't say or do anything I don't want my kid to. I hope they keep making more episodes, there are only 16 right now. Dinosaur Train is the perfect mix of funny, innocent and educational programming.
Parent of a 3 and 7 year old Written byMom2p December 8, 2009

My 3 & 7 year olds love it. I like it too.
Parent of a 4 year old Written bymrakins November 27, 2009

Great for kids and adults

The characters are sweet, making them nonthreatening and relatable. I like the inclusion of factual information about dinosaurs after the animated segments. A very well done show that educates about science and cultural diversity, all without being in the slightest bit preachy. A huge plus for me is that it feels different from other shows on TV, making it enjoyable for grownups as well.