Young dino's travels teach kids about science and diversity.

Parent of a 2 year old Written bylilmoma07 March 5, 2010

Awesome show for ALL young kids

My 2 1/2 year just LOVES this show he hears the theme song and drops EVERYTHING!, and RUNS for the couch!!!! He goes to bed at night talking about taking a ride on the dinosaur train and mommy "gets tickets". Great show and HIGHLY recommend it.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byjameehubbard January 15, 2010

teaches kids to accept differences in people and more

I was skeptical but started watching it with my 2 1/2 year old son who loves it. I really love this show for the following reasons: 1) encourages kids to accept peers (and family members) that may be different from them, for example Buddy is not the same species as his brothers and sisters 2) does a great job of explaining new terms, such as "herbivore," and again expresses how animals can be different from each other (herbivore versus carnivore versus omnivore) 3) as the review says, it also teaches patience. All the adult dinos are patient, and they teach the kids to be that way, too.
Parent of a 2 and 3 year old Written bymom2jacknjoey January 14, 2010

Wonderful Educational show for Pre-schoolers!

My 3 year old boy LOVES this show and has learned so much dinosaurs (as have I). My 2 year old also likes, more because it is colorful and has fun songs. It is mostly over his head, but my 3 year understands most of it and tells us all about dinosaurs, knows which ones are herbivores, carnivores and omnivores (and proudly annouces that he is an omnivore!) It has also helped me learn how to pronouce many of the dinosaur names that I struggle with while reading dinosaur books to my children.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBabygirl116911 December 26, 2009
My sister loves this show she always tell me to tern on the dinosaur train.
Parent Written byaimless1 December 10, 2009

LOVE Dinosaur Train!!

My 4 year old is in love with this show. It is one of the best kid shows I have seen, by far. The characters are cute and don't say or do anything I don't want my kid to. I hope they keep making more episodes, there are only 16 right now. Dinosaur Train is the perfect mix of funny, innocent and educational programming.
Parent of a 3 and 7 year old Written byMom2p December 8, 2009
My 3 & 7 year olds love it. I like it too.
Parent of a 4 year old Written bymrakins November 27, 2009

Great for kids and adults

The characters are sweet, making them nonthreatening and relatable. I like the inclusion of factual information about dinosaurs after the animated segments. A very well done show that educates about science and cultural diversity, all without being in the slightest bit preachy. A huge plus for me is that it feels different from other shows on TV, making it enjoyable for grownups as well.
Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written bymscotty November 19, 2009
My 4 year old daughter loves this show, and I must admit, it's helped me brush up on my dinosaur knowledge too. I thought the concept of the timeline might be beyond her (the Train takes them to different periods within the era of the dinosaurs), but she seems to understand it pretty well. The themes include problem solving, working together, etc., and the parents in it are good role models - always willing to listen and help their dinosaur kids to learn. Great show!
Adult Written bygranpa 2 November 17, 2009

under 3 loves this as well

My grandson (2 years) will constantly pick this show over any others. It is entertaining and educational. Well done. Mechandising would be great ... ASAP as nothing is available today.