All member reviews for Dirty Jobs

Ick and shtick will appeal to older tweens and up.

fine show

it's ultra gross, but it's interesting.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycoocoopachu April 9, 2008

Great Show!

I love Dirty Jobs, but Rowe does use adult language sometimes and some innuendo (like when he was a pig inseminator), but apart from that, it's a great (sorta gross) show.
Kid, 11 years old October 27, 2014

dirty

If you get queasy when you see dead and rotting things and maggots and poop, then it is not the right thing for you, but if you don't care, it is a good show. I liked it.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byamyn1 October 8, 2014

WARNING to parents. This program is FAR to graphic for children of ANY age!!!

PLEASE block this program if you have children under 17!!!! "Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe" is a HIGHLY inappropriate program for children of any age. I highly recommend that children under 17 not be allowed to view any of the "Dirty Jobs" episodes what so ever. Sadly, I had on the "Animal Planet" channel at 9:30 am, my 3 year old was watching an episode od "Too cute"... I walked out of the room to get some coffee but was still able to see her, but not the TV... Within the amount of time it took for "Too Cute" to end and "Dirty Jobs" to begin was approximately 3 minutes. 2 minutes into the "Dirty Jobs" program Mike Rowe was climbing over a pile of dead cow corpses with 3 inches of blood covering the floor and every pieces of equipment. He then proceeded to "blow up" the cow with an air hose as all of its internal organs EVERYWHERE!!! I did not realize what she had seen until I downloaded that episode. Within only 3 minutes my child had viewed something that made her scream bloody murder, sob and have nightmares for a week!!! (imagine trying to explain this awkward and scary subject to a 3 year old!) I NEVER take my eyes off my child, I literally walked into the kitchen for coffee, and within that tiny amount of time my child was DAMAGED by this DISCUSTING AND DISTURBING PROGRAM. I cannot imagine what would happen to a child if he/she was unsupervised and viewed the entire episode! I believe this program should ONLY be shown at night, NOT in the mid-morning right after a G rated program like "Too Cute!" I closely monitor EVERYTHING my daughter views on TV, and it is only on 2 hours per day. I am absolutely appalled just how quickly this program got to showing the most horrific scenes that I have ever viewed on television! I never watched "Dirty Jobs", so I was not aware just how inappropriate and horrific it really is. I made myself watch the entire "Cow Slaughterhouse" episode, there was ZERO censoring when it came to what was done to these animals after death. It was by far the most unnerving, stomach churning and highly offensive program I have seen. It truly was a completely uncensored, up close and personal, detailed view of EXACTLY what happened in a slaughter house! There were blood, guts, maggots, bowels, stomach contents, and feces EVERYWHERE!!!... I am ill just having to recall watching it in order to write this review. PLEASE parents, if you have young children or older children it does not matter, please consider blocking this program, as it may cause serious ill effects to your child. Especially those who are to young to comprehend exactly what they are viewing. I also scanned through another 30 or so episodes, just stopping on those that contain animals. I found over 20 episodes (I am sure there are much more!) that contain the killing of animals or what happeneds after an animal has died. I could not believe my eyes as to what they are allowed to put on TV!!. I have to say that there are actually episodes MORE GRAPHIC then the "Cow Slaughterhouse" episode!! I realize that this is a long review, but after researching this program and seeing the damage it did to my daughter in a matter of 3 minutes, I am highly disturbed and worried that other children could possibly have this same terrifying experience, and as a concerned parent I feel I must warn others with children regarding the highly graphic content of "Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe" Thank you.
Adult Written bydarthsitkur May 18, 2014

now get ready, to get dirty

every episode of this show is so hysterical, especially the water snake episode where he keeps mike Rowe keeps getting bitten and the snakes keep shitting everywhere in the laboratory, that one had me laughing my ass off lol
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 9, 2012

Really good!

I like this show. It isn't so good for kids. Probably best for teens. There is occasional language (sometimes bleeped out) and some sex (breeding animals and such).
Kid, 11 years old January 31, 2012

Recommended

I personally have been obsessed with this show since age 9. Mike Rowe and his cast give credit to hard working Americans that are under appreciated or get no appreciation at all. When I was younger I didn't understand the 'adult' jokes and let them pass by. But I do warn you, some episodes are slightly inappropriate for really young kids, and they swear in about every episode of this show. They usually 'beep' out the more serious curse words though. I find this show extremely funny and entertaining, so I would DEFINITELY recommend it.
Kid, 9 years old December 9, 2011

people have a way

humor is most of it. I never get yelled at for watching a single episode. Bring friends over eat pizza, crack open a soda. com on , not that bad of a show. ive gone past a limit here.
Kid, 12 years old October 28, 2011

nice

One of my favorite shows!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMegan96 February 6, 2011

I don't think that this is appropriate for young children, some of the jokes are definitely not appropriate, and the jobs sometimes aren't appropriate.
Adult Written byoccar July 28, 2010

Mike isn't respecting his "dirty jobs" at all, he always make himself messy and wasn't able to finish the job that all these American fellows been doing all days. I won't recommend it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysunnysideup7685 July 11, 2010

Dirty Jobs

I love watching Dirty Jobs Mike Rowe is sooo funny. I never knew there were so many dirty jobs in the world. Throughout the show,though Mike swears very heavily, makes "suggestive" remarks and some episodes have Mike doing "suggestive" jobs. There are some episodes of this that even my parents don't let me watch. This show is definelty NOT for younger children.
Parent of a 8 and 9 year old Written byqtnn January 15, 2010

Just good clean fun

Son loves the dirt and I love the hilariously snarky host who respects those who do the toughest jobs.
Adult Written bycaitlin414 December 29, 2009

Good for older kids

Teen, 13 years old Written by9001 December 24, 2009

13+

It's a great show, but some episodes contain swearing.
Parent Written byPlague December 17, 2009

Dirty Jobs

Awesome show! A great dedication to all those unappreciated hard workers out there that people never seem to pay any attention or give credit too. Mike Rowe is a great role model and sends very possitive messages. I give this show 5 stars.
Kid, 10 years old October 11, 2009

Best show

I love this show. I could watch it for hours and hours!! MY whole family loves it. We watch it whenever its on or try to a least.I think it's a cool way for kids to learn not to think their life is messy and hard. If they watch this I know they think wrong about the messy part. I do.
Adult Written byshellw319 April 9, 2008

A good laugh for all

This show gives us insight into all different types of jobs...jobs we would never have dreamed of. For example, I never even thought about the poor people who are in the city sewer systems cleaning up and making repairs. Mike Rowe makes it funny and informative.
Adult Written bysglick April 9, 2008