All member reviews for Doc McStuffins

Excellent preschool series has positive messages for kids.

Parent Written byWL41 March 23, 2012

Finally!

As a parent of 4 and an early childhood special educator, I think this is an excellent program. Long overdue. Kudos to Disney for meeting the challenge.
Kid, 11 years old May 8, 2012

The Doc is In!

This is one of the few shows to me that actually hold up. To me, RARELY does a preschool show entertain me and make me want more. This is that one exception. This is likley the 2nd best show on Disney Channel (Phineas and Ferb being the first, AND best show of all time), but I mainly like it because of Stuffy, the little blue dragon. Wonderful Show, Wonderful Characters, and best of all, they ACTUALLY portray Doc as a well shifted preschooler!
Kid, 10 years old July 5, 2013

good for little kids

This is a cartoon show about a girl who's about 5 or 6 who is a doctor to cuddly toys. The toys walk and talk and Doc McStuffins helps try to fix them. I would give it a 1 star (because I'm 10 and it's boring for me) but my 3-year old sister and lots of other kids would probably give it 5. So. Anyway the girl has her own toys they're a lamb who is a ballerina and a dragon who are in it all the time and a doll called Susie (which is my sister's name too) who is only in it sometimes. and some other toys but i don't know their names. Mostly she fixes different toys and sometimes her little brother's. they always sing the checkup song and at the end it has a health message. it is educational because she tells little kids about being healthy and other things and also she makes the kids feel good. and she has her dad and mum too her mum's a doctor too. the age would be 2 and a half - about 5 years old.
Kid, 12 years old April 22, 2013

DONT EVER WATCH

ANNOYING! Don't ever let a 6 year old watch
Parent Written byLemuel April 1, 2012

I Love It!!!

Gives your child a great foundation to be imaginative & creative.
Written byAnonymous September 30, 2013

AAAAH! God awful show!

What a miserable kids show. I really wanted Playhouse Disney to stay, but no, instead we got a junkyard of dreadful, awful shows! Doc McStuffins is a really bad show. The songs are annoying, the acting sucks, the animation is incredibly choppy and stiff. Don't bother.
Kid, 12 years old June 4, 2013

Amazing Show!

I think this show is very good for your kids to watch, especially if you want to open you're little one's eyes on education. My sisters, 5 and 7, are addicted to Doc McStuffins, they watch it all the time.
Parent Written bylashrimpa April 1, 2012

Excellent Show!

This has quickly become my daughter's favorite show and I enjoy the lessons we can discuss during and after an episode. We are careful what and how often our daughter views programs, this show is perfect for our family. Thank you Disney for this charming show with kind characters that stimulates imagination and encourages role play.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byEvsmom June 25, 2013

A great show.

I like this show for all the reasons stated above, but for my daughter, who cries when the doctor uses the stethoscope on her, I think it will be helpful for her to have a better understanding of doctors and see how "brave" all the toys are that Doc McStuffins helps.
Parent Written byadntigger710 March 19, 2013

Dad works too!

I'm obsessed with this show. My daughter loves it. We have 12 currently on the DVR, it's pretty much all she'll watch. What's important, too, is that it doesn't drive me up a wall. I could play this all day every day and be fine with it. It's a cute show with some good messages and adorable characters (the hypochondriac snowman, Chilly, is my FAVE!) Even I get excited to see new episodes. It's vaguely reminiscent of Toy Story, but more geared towards the younger crowd. PS. Just for clarification, dad does work too -- so either the episodes he is in are supposedly after he gets home or on weekends, or he has a more flexible work schedule where he can work from home most of the time. (See episode "The New Girl" -- mom tells Dottie [Doc] that dad is working late, so they are going out to eat.) Told you I'm obsessed, lol =)
Kid, 12 years old June 24, 2012

Great show for little kids to watch

This is such a great show for little kids to watch! It is very educational, although probably not as educational as "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse." It teaches good lessons about taking care of yourself and your family and much more! At the same time, it is very enjoyable.
Adult Written byStevieAng May 5, 2012

The Doc is IN!

This show is great! After watching many (maybe too many) shows for toddlers that are just commericals in disguise, Doc McStuffins is a wonderful respite. The characters are caring and sweet, the message is wonderful, and the music is awesome! I highly recommend...
Parent of a 2, 4, and 7 year old Written bynewgirl1993 April 16, 2012

Great

All 3 of my kids love this show, and i dont mind waching it whith them
Teen, 14 years old Written bybakeranimator February 17, 2015

Eh...

I have many conflicting feelings about this show. It has a few good qualities that don't seem to outweigh its bad ones. The best thing about this show is definitely the concept, and no, I'm not talking about toys coming to life. I'm talking about the shows incredibly creative twist on teaching children to not be afraid of trips to the doctor. However, the show isn't TOO creative, meaning that it's different take on this lesson isn't so unrecognizable to what it's referencing that it becomes unrelatable to the target audience. For example, the message of not being afraid of needles is taught by having a soccer ball being afraid of getting pumped up. Kids can still relate to what the soccer ball is going through. The best thing about this however, is that this can also teach kids how to make connections with characters. Unfortunately, that is the only thing this show does COMPLETELY right. Everything else is only done partially correctly. One of these aspects is the voice acting. The voice acting is pretty decent for the most part, I feel some of the best comes from our main group of toys (Stuffy, Hallie, and the Wicked King come to mind.) However, there are also many bad voice actors, such as that of Mr. Mcstuffins, and Doc herself. Mr. Mcstuffins is bland enough of a character as it is, but part of that is due to how the voice actor puts absolutely no emotion or personality into the character, he sort of just says his lines like a casual person telling a story. Doc on the other hand isn't quite as bad as Mr. Mcstuffins, but half of her dialogue comes out sounding VERY awkward and unnatural. The animation is mediocre, even by television standards for CGI. The character movements are often very stiff and awkward, especially on the humans. The songs are pretty meh, I mean, not the songs they sing every episode like the "Time for your check-up song" or the "I feel better song." I'm talking about the songs that are written for the episode. They are really bad. The lyrics often follow a basic ABCB rhyme scheme, or just repeat lyrics over and over again, or both. They do almost nothing to further the plot, and sometimes feel like a desperate attempt to pad the episode out so it hits 11 minutes. The writing is decent by preschool show standards, but it doesn't do anything special. I mean, there are a few exceptions. The writers occasionally throw in a decent joke, such as one episode where Doc diagnoses a water sprayer toy with a king toy inside of it with "Tummy ala King." However, the writing can get really bad sometimes. For instance, out of nowhere Lamby starts exhibiting strange behaviors in which she's obsessing about having a mermaid toy as a friend. You just have to see the episode to understand how strange this is, but trust me, it it just... weird, to say the least. All in all, Doc Mcstuffins, despite its flaws, is still an okay pick for kids. I mean, most of the problems I have are things young children won't care about, but still, I wish the showrunners would put just the tiniest bit more effort into this show. Unfortunately, the show falls just short of being a top pick for kids in my book.
Kid, 11 years old August 14, 2014

Great

It may be odd that a girl my age likes this but it's a great for the whole family.
Parent of an infant, 2, 3, 5, 6, and 11 year old Written byResponsibleParentOf9 December 5, 2012

Amazing, fun show for all!

A great, fun, educational show for everyone! Kids should watch this instead of "SpongeBob SquarePants".
Adult Written byTony632 April 8, 2012

the doc is in, great job Disney :)

Kid, 7 years old April 6, 2012

Good for 4 to 7

You know that theres disney junior plus? this is girly and fun its a girl talking to toys and fixing them when they need help this is 4 to 7 i actally like it! thats the only baby tv show i like so does my older sister! and my younger brother! so cute! show!
Parent Written byWowBabyx4 March 30, 2012

Doc McStuffins SAVES the day!

I have 4 children, my oldest nearing 11 and my youngest nearing the age of 4. When my oldest was little, there seemed to be a lot of quality entertaining shows that were also innocent enough for a small child. Somewhere in the middle of these two kids, shows seems to get a little more geared toward the older kids, especially for little girls. I am thrilled that Doc McStuffins has "arrived"! Not only does my 3yr old LOVE IT but so do her older sisters who are 5 & 8! They can hardly contain themselves until the next new episode comes on and have no problem watching the "older" episodes in the mean time Definitely a show worth watching!
Kid, 12 years old March 12, 2015

Great, But Annoying Music

This is a great show for a pre-schooler to watch. There's music, great role-models, fun characters, and Stuffy. I believe all of these factors put together you have a great T.V. show that doesn't disappoint. The only reason I didn't choose this as a 2+ show is because, Doc doesn't reveal to her family that her stuffed animals speak.